GTP_WRS Week 8 : Slip Slidin' Away

• Thread starter EDK
  • 403 comments
I am just wondering... what's the time difference when driving with steeringwheel/pedal setup vs. the dualshock in a quest like this, has perhaps somebody tried that? Will be giving it a go again for tonight, was thinking about juggling with the tc during the lap, noticed that I "need it" at some points, but that it is holding me back in the right hander sweeping chicane.

I am just wondering... what's the time difference when driving with steeringwheel/pedal setup vs. the dualshock in a quest like this, has perhaps somebody tried that? Will be giving it a go again for tonight, was thinking about juggling with the tc during the lap, noticed that I "need it" at some points, but that it is holding me back in the right hander sweeping chicane.

My personal experience as an ex hardcore DS4 user up until GT sport. The wheel shaves about 2 seconds off a moderate length lap but it will be less here however, what you'll gain with wheel and pedal is a lot more control with brake and accelerator that will help enormously with this particular TT. That all said we have some exceptional DS users in the WRS who prove everything I said to be wrong every time they participate :)

Any amount of TC is hurting you with this one 👍

Regrettably having to submit with times from the leaderboard.
My living room TV packed up and I tryed on a 14” one from the bedroom, just couldn’t adjust or even get close to my fastest lap, shame as I was really enjoying it before hand and was still probably .1 left in last sector.
Good luck to all still persisting on!

Last edited:
871C9F11-DC35-459E-94AC-8A447C9F19A3.jpeg
This was lots os fun.

I think it depends on the driver, I'm still a good bit faster with the DS4 after owning a wheel for ~1 month. The thing with this combo is the oversteer is extremely predictable, and the car doesn't "snap" fast enough in most cases where the oversteer can't be corrected. GR3 cars are a different story, I'm utter crap with those :crazy:

Second session, almost same splits.

I'm almost sure my optimal time is from impossible sector two, where I crash around the split. But should be able to find .1 or .2

Still TC 2 :/

Found the 0.1 after 250 km total and 3 sessions, but sector 3 kept getting worse and worse for me, which was quite unmotivating.

Submitted.

EDIT: Nevermind, my replay starts at the finish line (and not with the previous lap last turn), so will have to submit with my previous best lap :/

EDIT2: Nevermind again, all my three replays does this. Did we get a clear ruling that the replay has to show the previous last turn? Else I got nothing to submit, and I doubt a new lap would fix the replay issue.

Last edited:
Found the 0.1 after 250 km total and 3 sessions, but sector 3 kept getting worse and worse for me, which was quite unmotivating.

Submitted.

EDIT: Nevermind, my replay starts at the finish line (and not with the previous lap last turn), so will have to submit with my previous best lap :/

If your replay actually shows your car at the start/finish line when it begins that's fine. Also make sure that it shows your full lap time 👍

If your replay actually shows your car at the start/finish line when it begins that's fine. Also make sure that it shows your full lap time 👍

Phew, that was a releaf! Thanks, yes, it luckily shows the time. Also we should note that it only shows the start of the finish line at the very begining of watching, but if you rewind, it doesn't go that far back.

Submitted.

EDIT2: Nevermind agian, all my three replays does this. Did we get a clear ruling that the reply has to show the previous last turn? Else I got nothing to submit, and I doubt a new lap would fix the reply issue.
You're good, best lap replay always should start at the S/F line. In some cases unfortunately starts in turn 1, or in the middle of the straight to the turn 1.

Phew, that was a releaf! Thanks, yes, it luckily shows the time. Also we should note that it only shows the start of the finish line at the very begining of watching, but if you rewind, it doesn't go that far back.

We just need a full lap...extra is good but not necessary, glad you can use that one ;)

The dodgy replay strikes again! :banghead: Reverting back to my last best and complete replay save and now probably done with this one.

Submitting with these so I don't forget, Good luck everyone

I find this happens with a lot of replays. Not all of them, but many of them.

EDK
I find this happens with a lot of replays. Not all of them, but many of them.

I think it happens because the preceding lap is considered dirty by the game. Not 100% sure but in my case I know that was true of at least one replay I had to ditch

I think this is probably the best I am going to do...

I shaved a good 3 tenths off at the line.
I don't know if I will try anymore on this one. It was frustrating at times, that dang turn 1 is tough to get back on the throttle. I had a lot of fun with it and enjoyed the challenge. Looking forward to next weeks :D

Latest Posts

Back