:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

aaaaaapb210084qg2.jpg

Race Details:

• Mode: Arcade > Time Trial
  • Physics: Professional
  • Track: Road Course - Daytona
  • Driving Aids: Optional
  • Transmission: Optional
  • In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)
  • Tyre Type:S2 Front / S1 Rear

Vehicle Specifics :

• Make: Japan > Suzuki > Concept by GT
  • Model: Swift Sport / Tuned
  • Power: 198 bhp
  • Weight: 850 kg
  • Drive Train: FF

Steward Comments:
You too can star, in a reasonably priced car. This is a fairly straightforward combo, not too tough. Try keeping it in 3rd gear or higher wherever you can, to avoid wheelspin.

Race Specifics:

• All hard surfaces are part of the track; Two wheels on track at all times; No wall hitting.
  • Your run must be done while being OFF LINE
  • The use of the clutch is prohibited

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your replay

IMG_1969.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods)

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime
  • T4 Splits

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1-T3 Splits
  • Any settings discussion.

Minimal number of splits: 3
Maximum number of splits: 3

The official leaderboard can be found at
http://wrs.gtplanet.net/. Please post splits on separate lines, in order to avoid confusing the FetchBot.

IMG_1950.jpg

Viewing your Lap Time Splits:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Submission:

• All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 80 Submission ) to (Vaxen):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
  • [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
  • (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_EDK
  • You can submit only once
    [*]Please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
    [*]The deadline is Monday May 17th 11.59pm GMT
    [*]If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers ,named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

IMG_1960.jpg

Good luck,
OLR Admin Team

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Best splits so far:

34.262 34.200
1'03.244 1'03.148
1'21.427 1'21.289

Last edited:
What an addictive little combo, shame about that 🤬 starting point on this track! First go

T1 - 34.479
T2 - 1'03.837
T3 - 1'22.128

10 Laps @ lunch - had faster laps - just not CLEAN & faster!

1'04.293
1'22.914

Here we go:

1'03.177
1'21.331

The Follow-through was a bit slow but Gambon was good enough. :dopey:

As Rudi, I don't think I'll give it another go.

I got some free time on Saturday morning, I will give it a try. ;)

Hadabrief stab at it, compiling these splits

1'03.079
1'21.223

Accurate bus stop, seen .169 at T1, tricky yet straight forward combo

Had another go tonight:

1'03.051
1'21.189

Not my best T3 though, so I'll have another go at this.

A few laps got me these splits.

1'03.655
1'21.950

The wheels are bellowing smoke out of every corner :lol:
So, more to come off......hopefully not off the tyres. :rolleyes:

The wheels are bellowing smoke out of every corner :lol:

Yeah, it took me a while to figure out where to use this car. You would think, small car, Front Wheel drive. A nice, tight track, right?

Well, if you think it's silly on this wide open track with sweeping turns, and staggered compounds, you should try driving it someplace like London, with S2's on both ends. :lol:

Trust me, I did you guys a favor. ;)

EDK
Yeah, it took me a while to figure out where to use this car. You would think, small car, Front Wheel drive. A nice, tight track, right?

Well, if you think it's silly on this wide open track with sweeping turns, and staggered compounds, you should try driving it someplace like London, with S2's on both ends. :lol:

This is very true, I've tried London with it. 👍 magic. :sly:

I don't doubt it guys.:)
A bit less smoke got me down to these splits.

1'03.471
1'21.786

Much better run through the bus stop. 👍

EDK

Anytime the car manufacturer IS NOT Lotus I consider you doing me a favor. :lol:

I'll be giving this one a go over the next few days (I hope) - just so busy these days for some reason. Need to finish that project that makes me look like Jordan Tresson so I can race more often. :sly:

2nd try

Somehow totally screwed 1st sector, .4xx slower than my previous fastest lap but faster in 2nd & 3rd sectors.

Anyone have any shifting tips with this car. I'm in staying in 3rd through all the slower corners & 4th through chicane. Shifting at 7000 each time.

1'04.239
1'22.815

Some splits after my first couple laps...
T1 39.008 34.932
T2 1'11.775 1'04.840
T3 1'33.922 1'23.288

oops realised I was driving the wrong car

Last edited:
First session splits: (40+ laps)

T1 34.421
T2 1'03.462
T3 1'21.685

MadMax

First session tonight yielded these:

0'34.249
1'03.145
1'21.389

This is a really odd combo and takes a ton of getting used to - I hope I can manage a few more sessions and shave off just a bit more - its very interesting how the car will roll through some of the turns but not so well on others - and the bus stop feels like I have to skate through 2 NHL defenders to push a puck past the best goalie in the league. :lol:

- and the bus stop feels like I have to skate through 2 NHL defenders to push a puck past the best goalie in the league. :lol:

Yes the S1's on the rear seem to be of little disadvantage in the slower corners, but as soon as you hit the high speed bus stop, the back is on the edge and slides as soon as your a little off line.

Nice time for a first session too. 👍

First session tonight yielded these:

0'34.249
1'03.145
1'21.389

This is a really odd combo and takes a ton of getting used to - I hope I can manage a few more sessions and shave off just a bit more - its very interesting how the car will roll through some of the turns but not so well on others - and the bus stop feels like I have to skate through 2 NHL defenders to push a puck past the best goalie in the league. :lol:

With them splits i think you should take another holiday. :crazy:

My poor effort

T1: 0'34.222
T2: 1'03.284
T3: 1'21.518

Phillip.

Started my new job yesterday (check this if you're interested) so no WRS for me these days, but I am countring down for E3 to see what they will tell us about GT5.
Also, that news about being able to drive around the Nordschleife in the SLS is disturbing, especially with a Merc dealer just around the corner :)

I'm struggling for time this week too and to top it of I sprung a plumbing leak this morning :grumpy:

I did have a quick session on Tuesday however but didn't get around to posting splits until now. Here's hoping I get a little more time.

T1: 34.702
T2: 1'03.625
T3: 1'21.852

D.

I gave this one a go last night for a couple of laps. Is it just me or is this car to lazy to turn. Or is this a reminder why i hate FWD so much. Specially when you just get out of the Cali on Fuji 700PP.

It feels very weird in the begining. When you enter a corner it doesn't want to turn in and all of a sudden it does, at that moment you want correct it and floor it but when you do that it straighten up. I hope i find some time this week to better my time and control the throttle better.

After all i think participating in the WRS makes you a better driver.

Back