• Thread starter EDK
  • 100 comments
got some time on there, but far from objective:

t1: 31.735
t2: 54.933

t1: 31.859
t2: 54.885

Last edited:
Considering I always avoid Eiger, I guess I picked the wrong week to start participating in the WRS :scared:

Gave it a go tonight for a couple laps:
T1 - 32.164
T2 - 55.449

Hi Boss welcome to WRS, it is a different type of racing as you don't have others to follow or take advantage of.

Good first set of splits for your first attempt, keep chipping away at them sometimes very rewarding when you see the results at the end.

Phillip.

Hi Boss welcome to WRS, it is a different type of racing as you don't have others to follow or take advantage of.

Good first set of splits for your first attempt, keep chipping away at them sometimes very rewarding when you see the results at the end.

Phillip.

Thanks.

I have never really done Time Trials before, so this is a whole new adventure for me. Have always just stuck to racing.

Anybody want to share some tips on how to drive this TT?

picture.php

From the ghosts I followed to compare:
1) One slips going into turn 4, the other does not. I seem to be most comfortable with breaking early and avoid slip.
2) Take the turns (1,2,3,6) narrow , going a bit wide, breaking later to keep speed longer, seems to come out losing in the end.
3) Going on throttle through the bottom hairpin, but not full throttle.
4) Slightly off throttle in 8, can not hold it at full throttle.
5) Be very lucky on the last turn (10,11)??? A lot of time I end up very slow or hitting the invisible wall.:ouch:

Minimal gains is 1st 2 sectors but much better final time.

Still can break 32 in 1st sector

That's a really serious second sector. :bowdown:

Thanks! Yeah, for that one run and that one sector I actually got to feel what it must be like to be you or Dan Holland. I could actually stop playing GT5:P today and be happy the rest of my life. :lol:

Thanks! Yeah, for that one run and that one sector I actually got to feel what it must be like to be you or Dan Holland. I could actually stop playing GT5:P today and be happy the rest of my life. :lol:

Yeah ,well done LP...you must have nailed that corner before the tunnel with the biggest hammer on the planet mate!!!...:crazy:

Haven't had a second go yet,but i seriously doubt i can copy your time between T1 and 2....Had about the same T1 time,but need to do some more studying on that nasty right hander...:):dopey:....

spy.

Think I'll manage a few laps this week. On the first straight at the jump do you change to 5th or stay in 4th until the first corner?

T1 31.729
T2 54.847

Think I'll manage a few laps this week. On the first straight at the jump do you change to 5th or stay in 4th until the first corner?

I've had some questions about the jump as well. I've been just letting it over-rev during the jump and just keeping my foot planted as it lands, staying in 4th the whole time. Is there a better way to do it? I used to try to keep it hovering around 6k rpm, but it seemed to slow me down on the landing.
Also, I've been going out slightly wide before the last turn, to cut the corner just a bit more and get a longer path of acceleration to the finish line. Any tips here?
Thanks much, I think i've gotten a fairly solid time thus far thanks to help from Crazytortise and LinPark in the live racing chat.

newest splits, hard work is starting to pay off
T1 31.554
T2 54.667

Last edited:
Update:

T1: 31.203
T2: 54.097

Had a .011 T2 and got so excited I forgot to turn at the next corner. Wasn't impressed :lol:

Little better!

Finally getting under 32 in t1. This is not my fastest t1 so far. But as usual get overly excited when have a great one and blow the next section.

Tiny improvement.

Super splits there CT, and what an amazing 1st sector from Ramon and 2nd sector from Lin. Imagine getting all those in the same lap!

First splits.

T1 31.735
T2 54.776

Not happy with the final sector of this lap though, hopefully a bit of improvement to come.

Nice combo...

Had an opening session, really just getting to grips with the extra steering required with this car.

31.099 (.083)
54.012 (.975)

Exceptional 2nd sector by you LinPark, quite remarkable! Its such a tough corner to nail, you really need to get a lucky grass slingshot, or something like that, to carry optimal speed. Looking forward to having another session.

Here we go again:

The tarmac kerb really helps on taking that curve but a second sector of 0'22.748 is beyond my reach. :drool:

Here we go again:

The tarmac kerb really helps on taking that curve but a second sector of 0'22.748 is beyond my reach. :drool:

Amazing splits!!! I've watched that replay a few times and if you look real close you'll see the "Hand of God" pushing me through that turn. :lol:

I'll see if I can make a video of just that sector today and post it up - with you and DHolland trying I have a feeling its only a matter of time before someone duplicates it.

Very VERY nice splits Ramon;) Matching the clutched T2 If I'm not mistaken, just curious as to what gears you use in various places like the last corner, and corner before T1, Bye.

Hello all, just wanted to stop in and say hi.
Will be around from time to time so I'll catch up with yall again down the road.
Later! :)

Hello all, just wanted to stop in and say hi.
Will be around from time to time so I'll catch up with yall again down the road.
Later! :)

Great to see you here. 👍

We'll keep the place tidied up and running along. :sly:

Back