GTP_WRS Week 82 : Running a TT in a TT

• Thread starter EDK
  • 100 comments
Hi everyone :)

Thought I would give the WRS a go for a change

Here is my splits

T1: 31.484
T2: 54.446

Finally half way through the exams I have 1 week off so will probably post some splits later on ,save last place for me.What a name to the combo though :D.

Ran my second session this morning and I'm pleased to have made a small improvement...I want that hat-trick!! :lol:

T1: 31.313
T2: 54.147

I've had better T1's but as we all know putting it together on a lap is not so easy.

D.

Eiger is always very intriguing and the TT isn't even too understeery, so here is my first effort.

In my country the TT mk. 2 is far less popular than the mk. 1 has been. Any explanations? I feel it's more of a sleek and less designish model that attracted mostly women, whereas the first one was a real original car.

New Splits

T1 31.585
T2 54.656

Fantastic and addictive combo 👍

Getting near my limit on this one, small gain to be had if i can achieve the impossible (for me anyway) and put together my three best splits.

Had another go, couldn't work out where I would find some more time from. had a look at a few replays and managed to take a wee bit off. Now started using 2nd in the last corner and just slipping to 5th just before the first corner.

T1 31.572
T2 54.604

slight improvement, slower T1 but better T2 and final sector

T1 31.544
T2 54.391

EDIT : steven, in the UK when the mk 1 came out it was an original and stunning looking design. Unfortunately over the years it got a bit of a reputation as a "hairdressers" car due to the people who bought it, the fact it was a bit of a pup in the handling department didnt help either although this didnt stop people buying them in droves.
The mk 2 although a much better car in the driving/handling department just doesnt have the visual presence of the original when it was first released.

To cut a long story short the people that bought the mk1 moved on to buying minis :D

Last edited:
Ran 3 sessions at this so far and arrived at a decent time with splits of:

Both splits were PB's, the fast right following was nailed (1'45km/h), broke a smidge too early for the last bend but didn't loose that much;) Time submitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
slight improvement, slower T1 but better T2 and final sector

T1 31.544
T2 54.391

EDIT : steven, in the UK when the mk 1 came out it was an original and stunning looking design. Unfortunately over the years it got a bit of a reputation as a "hairdressers" car due to the people who bought it, the fact it was a bit of a pup in the handling department didnt help either although this didnt stop people buying them in droves.
The mk 2 although a much better car in the driving/handling department just doesnt have the visual presence of the original when it was first released.

To cut a long story short the people that bought the mk1 moved on to buying minis :D

I am 100% sure here in Holland its the same story mate...Am sure Steven will say the same...:)

cheers,

spy.

I am 100% sure here in Holland its the same story mate...Am sure Steven will say the same...:)

cheers,

spy.

They came with curling tongs in the glovebox over there aswell ? :dopey:

EDIT: Dholland I think your T1 should be 31 instead of 34 👍

I very rarely venture on to Eiger but this combo looked like fun. So, my first session resulted in:

T1: 32.094
T2: 55.157

I'm finding it damn tough to break in to the 31.000's. It's so frustrating. Anyway, I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

To Spy and Enigma.

I'm sure that's the case. But I dislike the Mini whereas the TT mk. 1 is a real design icon, tho I don't know about its handling character other than the story of the spoiler that they fitted after it came out of a slalom test badly :D

I put in 3 stints so far, but hadn't dared to post any splits yet. Finally had a lap with postable splits:

Small improvement in splits, larger one at the line.

good luck everyone

I for one need much more than luck as I attempt to learn to drive. :sly:

Ten minutes or so at this, ran until I got a cramp rather than satisfaction with my lap time. I had been re-playing through the offline for the preceding 90 minutes or so.

Submitting with these splits.

👍

edit to say yes no clutch; was doing paddle shifting.

Submitted with current splits.

@Clacksman
Don't worry once you will get used to your G25 you will be faster than with a pad, and you are pretty quick with a sixaxis I don't want to see how it will be with a wheel. :lol:

@clacksman
Don't worry once you will get used to your G25 you will be faster than with a pad, and you are pretty quick with a sixaxis I don't want to see how it will be with a wheel. :lol:

I do. :sly:
Not too bad so far for a TV table and vice grips making up my 'rig'.

I do. :sly:
Not too bad so far for a TV table and vice grips making up my 'rig'.

Vice grips?

Be carefull with them mate, i've snapped off some pretty serious bolts with them at work :sly:, great tool.

Stick with the G25 mate, once you're used to it you'll wonder how you lived without it.👍

Time submitted, ever so slightly slower splits than on board (makes no difference to standings) but quicker overall.

Good luck all...

Time submitted with a T1 and T2 that were a smidgeon slower than those on the board, but an improved final sector.

Best of luck everyone. 👍

Vice grips?

Be carefull with them mate, i've snapped off some pretty serious bolts with them at work :sly:, great tool.

Stick with the G25 mate, once you're used to it you'll wonder how you lived without it.👍

Yes, lol indeed, and on another forum I posted a picture of my left hand giving my DS3 the one-finger salute. It was taken before I had it hooked up to a console.

👍

Back