• Weight: 1,300 kg
  • PP: 477
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Comfort Soft
  • Driving Line | Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Adjustment Allowed
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: Added Parts Not Allowed. Tuning Prohibited.
  • Custom Wheels and Paint ARE Allowed.
  • In-Race RA Functions: Allowed As Available. Brake Balance changes Allowed.
Course Settings:
  • Time: Optional
  • Weather: 0/0/0
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real
full

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • All surfaces are track. Off in the dirt is LEGAL, if not red-lapped.
  • This is legal this week:

Steward's Comments:
Back to the drawing board for this combo. It's been a while since we were tackling this track, so it will be back to school for everyone. :cheers:
Credit to @mr_lab_rat for the suggestion.

Viewing your Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your T1 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual T2 split time, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

full

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• The first 6 splits: T1 through T6 times
  • Any settings discussion
full

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 85 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Get Entry" and any text in the body.
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

• The deadline is Monday, September 7th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Replay Checking:
  • Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

full

Good luck, :gtpflag:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: An RUF at Sierra on comfort tyres? What is this evilness? :mischievous: Should be interesting...personally, RUFs don't agree with me and I haven't really run Sierra much since coming back to the game beyond doing the career events there so definitely lot's to learn if I want to be vaguely competitive but I do like the track anyway so I am quite happy to run it

This is early?!?

Ties in nicely with the seasonal running at the moment but without the racing tyres and immense power to weight ratios available at 700pp. :lol:

Great circuit, great car. 👍

Absolutely hate Sierra. One of those tracks that I just would rather do anything else but ill be giving this combo a full go as I gotta at least try it! 👍

:eek: An RUF at Sierra on comfort tyres? What is this evilness? :mischievous: Should be interesting...personally, RUFs don't agree with me and I haven't really run Sierra much since coming back to the game beyond doing the career events there so definitely lot's to learn if I want to be vaguely competitive but I do like the track anyway so I am quite happy to run it

I suggest you give this one a try. The boxster is very different from the other RUF. Not the overpowered, tail happy beasts the ctr and yellow bird are, but a well behaved, very balanced ride.
I'm pretty sure you'll love it...

As Javier says, this 3400S is a Lamb in the Wolf (RUF) Pack, even on Comfort tyres, but harder will be figuring out the track itself, uff. :scared:

Initial splits after few restarts and few "dirt" laps:

1'19.317
2'16.984
3'13.717
4'09.500
5'14.317

Horrible time at the line guessing like 10-15s off the pace in the end of the week, so not worth of mention :D

I suggest you give this one a try. The boxster is very different from the other RUF. Not the overpowered, tail happy beasts the ctr and yellow bird are, but a well behaved, very balanced ride.
I'm pretty sure you'll love it...

That's good to know thanks...I was expecting a week of trying to get used to the track while going round every corner with the rear trying to get ahead of the front :lol: I was planning to run it anyway as I really need to get better at this track as I haven't run it enough and I like the track anyway

The tyres seem quite grippy. Managed to complete a lap so at least I now have a ghost to help me around the lap, took about 5 attempts, which around Sierra is quite a long time
Nice scenery

1:19.117
2:17.467
3:13.217
4:08.967
5:11.850

This RUF is not like the others.

If you don't know the track I suggest making your own audio pace notes - record them as you watch your replay and then play them 3-5 seconds ahead.

I was recording speed, gear, cautions. If I saw I took a corner at 120kmh but still had some room on the exit I would record 130 for my pace notes.

Last edited:
This RUF is not like the others.

If you don't know the track I suggest making your own audio pace notes - record them as you watch your replay and then play them 3-5 seconds ahead.

I was recording speed, gear, cautions. If I saw I took a corner at 120kmh but saw I still had some room on the exit I would record 130 for my pace notes.

That's a good idea my friend, except for one little issue...I hate the sound of my own voice and I could not listen to myself drone on for an entire lap of Sierra! :lol:

1'14.333
2'08.500
3'02.850
3'55.666
4'55.966

Took yesterday to remember the layout, now the long process of shaving time begins. This lap is pretty solid, with a couple missed corners, but time can be trimmed everywhere.

I was gonna have a bash at this tonight, until I got called away for three hours of hell, but roll on my days off so I try it out.

What fresh hell is this. I've avoided this track apart from when it's absolutely nessesary so it will be interesting trying to re-learn it. Ran a few laps last night, only one of them clean....

What i wouldn't do to be able to close up the huge gap between gear ratios!

Urgh....4 laps completed, one clean lap! Anyway, these are the only splits I have and they are very slow compared to what my times in the dirty laps were:

S1: 36.417
S2: 1:17.850
S3: 2:14.717
S4: 3:10.817
S5: 4:06.200
S6: 5:09.017

Stint 2 for this combo:

1'14.600
2'10.033
3'05.917
4'00.467
5'01.767

Second half totally out of pace, hard to remember those tricky turns due to lack of driving through, but working on cutting seconds constantly

1st stint, very scrappy as I found the car understeers everywhere. :mad:

That's pretty good for first session. I had a 4:54.9xx yesterday but lost it three turns from the finish :grumpy:
The car drives somewhat similar to the Audi. If you catch the weight transfer at the right time you can smash the throttle way before the apex (turn 2 is a great example).

That's pretty good for first session. I had a 4:54.9xx yesterday but lost it three turns from the finish :grumpy:
The car drives somewhat similar to the Audi. If you catch the weight transfer at the right time you can smash the throttle way before the apex (turn 2 is a great example).

Yeah, I know what you mean, I was 4secs up on a previous ghost and binned it into the barrier at the last left hander leading onto the start/finish straight of all places. :mad:
To say I was miffed is an understatement. :lol:

Back