GTP_WRS Week 86 : Floor It!

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 128 comments
211980eb15717d6ad183aa436497dc93.jpg

Woops, didn't realise what time it was doing this. Gotta do homework! :scared:

Bit of an improvement today.
1:08.733
Still not happy with the second sector but every time i push it i end up red flagging.

Still can't work out how I'm losing so much time in sector 1....I guess some of it is down to the use of auto shifting as the redline seems pretty long to me. Oh well, am still managaing to improve anyway, much to my surprise....managed to improve my time by nearly 2 tenths yesterday (for a total of almost 8 tenths in the space of 2 days). Couldn't get near my previous sector 1 time but a PB sector 2 put me way up on my ghost before I had an ordinary sector 3:

S1: 31.655
S2: 1:08.538

I'd say a lot of the loss will be the auto shifting because I started shifting early, especially in lower gears because i noticed the boost gauge winding back in the last 1000 RPM before the red line. Improved my speeds by 2-4mph at each of my speed trap markers.

Still can't work out how I'm losing so much time in sector 1....I guess some of it is down to the use of auto shifting as the redline seems pretty long to me. Oh well, am still managaing to improve anyway, much to my surprise....managed to improve my time by nearly 2 tenths yesterday (for a total of almost 8 tenths in the space of 2 days). Couldn't get near my previous sector 1 time but a PB sector 2 put me way up on my ghost before I had an ordinary sector 3:

S1: 31.655
S2: 1:08.538
The positive is if you can find that 1 second in sector 1 you will have good splits since your sector between T1 and 2 is pretty good.

Is there a thread which has all combos for WRS in text form?

Last edited:
Probably not - I don't see a sticky in "archive". But the results pages link to the time trial threads, so it's fairly trivial to get the data. Here's a partial list (GT6): http://wrs.gtplanet.net/driver/thematic604/
Thanks, but that isn't really what I was trying to look for. Because I would love to help find combos and post in the Suggestions thread but I have to go through all the weeks to see if the car/track I want to suggest has been used. Thanks though :cheers:

1:07.338

Have been 2tenths faster in t1 and a tenth faster in t2 so there's room for lots of improvement.

With the penaltys so harsh in all sectors and completing laps instead of restart after restart it took me 461 km just to improve 2 1/2 tenths at the line.

Looking forward to the online race with penalties off.

The positive is if you can find that 1 second in sector 1 you will have good splits since your sector between T1 and 2 is pretty good.

Yeah, I don't think finding that 1 second is possible or within my capabilities.....a lot of it is due to using the x button for acceleration....while I am able to modulate the throttle (by pressing the button repeatedly), it is still not as good as using the trigger for it...some of it is also because I am not 100% going through the chicanes due to the stringent limits, so I'd normally be pushing harder but I have got tired of seeing red laps 80% of the time. The rest of it is just down to my limitations as a driver!

Decided to give manual shifting a go yesterday as I could see time was being lost due to the auto shifting being extremely long on this car....started off pretty abysmally as expected but it only took me to lap 18 of the run to improve my overall time by just over a tenth which was surprising given I am not at all comfortable or confident with manual shifting. However, given I seem to adapt pretty quickly when I start using it, I really need to make an effort to start running it every week (hadn't used it for 2 weeks due to the tight nature of Tokyo and the length of Sierra). I even managed a run of 7 clean laps in a row at one point :eek:

Couldn't get near my PBs in sectors 1 and 2 but managed to improve my sector 3 PB on 3 occasions....there is definitely a huge amount of time to find as I am currently almost a second down on my theoretical best lap:

S1: 31.761
S2: 1:08.828

Nurse, I'm just wondering why are you using x for accelerator? Just intrigued as i only just switched over to wheel but still play other games with stick but have never liked that kind of configuration.

Nurse, I'm just wondering why are you using x for accelerator? Just intrigued as i only just switched over to wheel but still play other games with stick but have never liked that kind of configuration.

20 years of habit! I do use the trigger occasionally but I am a lot slower with it than the x button due to lack of practice....I originally tried it in week 1 but it made my hands ache, partly due to the painkiller I was taking at the time..never really tried it again until a couple of weeks ago. The problem is it still makes my hand aches, primarily due to the rubbish design of the trigger....I have to put a lot of pressure just to keep my finger on it which hurts after a while...my Logitech controller has much better triggers which don't have that issue but it won't work with GT6. At some point I'll probably work it out but it only really slows me down in weeks with cars that are a bit twitchy like this one....ideally i'd like a wheel but that won't be possible for some time

Did manage to improve again today..another 3 tenths at the line thanks to altering some of my braking zones (all the chicanes) and gear choices (3rd chicane particularly)...am still way off my PB sector 2 split and overall lap but not sure if i can get that....was lucky to get the 3 tenths lap anyway as I had run out of braking room going into turn 1 and just lobbed it into the turn hoping it might work and it did somehow:

S1: 31.484
S2: 1:08.634

Could someone help me? I got a good lap but it was dirty, but I still saved the replay for learning purposes. Now I got a also good lap, just 5 hundredths slower, but it says "best lap replay has already been saved". I'm guessing it's due to the earlier fast lap, but now that I can't save it what do I do? I don't want to lose the lap, took me 5 hours of practice. It was also a different session. :(

Could someone help me? I got a good lap but it was dirty, but I still saved the replay for learning purposes. Now I got a also good lap, just 5 hundredths slower, but it says "best lap replay has already been saved"...
If it was on a completely different session. The "fastest lap has been saved" is the fastest lap of that session. So you should be fine if I'm understanding correctly.

If it was on a completely different session. The "fastest lap has been saved" is the fastest lap of that session. So you should be fine if I'm understanding correctly.
That should have been the case, but now if I go to "load ghost replay" I only see the dirty laptime. Can I have an exception and save the whole replay?

EDIT: What I didn't test is remove ghost replay, but I'm scared it deletes the current one, so I'm not trying it. Or could someone help me test that function please?

Back