GTP_WRS Week 87 : McFly!

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 128 comments
When it comes to rally cars i tend to go more power to the front end, flick the back out to get the rotation through the hairpin and then floor the power to pull it through. Habit from old Colin McRae games. Not always the fastest but good fun haha.

@Famine has asked us to make a weekly post for the new WRS events, and he's helped make my mess of a draft into something legible on the News blog:

https://www.gtplanet.net/gtplanet-weekly-race-series-week-87-mcfly/

Thanks Famine! :bowdown:

Today marks 4 years of WRS online events that mirror the TT's, but guys like @mcsqueegy, @PASM, @MadMax, and of course @EDK were running online races back in GT5 Prologue (when I was still afraid to join :nervous:). @Mr P may be the only member still participating since the beginning of the TT's, almost 13 years ago. :drool:

Thanks everyone for all the fun! :gtpflag:

@Famine has asked us to make a weekly post for the new WRS events, and he's helped make my mess of a draft into something legible on the News blog:

https://www.gtplanet.net/gtplanet-weekly-race-series-week-87-mcfly/

Thanks Famine! :bowdown:

Today marks 4 years of WRS online events that mirror the TT's, but guys like @mcsqueegy, @PASM, @MadMax, and of course @EDK were running online races back in GT5 Prologue (when I was still afraid to join :nervous:). @Mr P may be the only member still participating since the beginning of the TT's, almost 13 years ago. :drool:

Thanks everyone for all the fun! :gtpflag:

i was there with @Mr P way back in the day but i wasn't very consistent about participating that much

Haha! has it really been 13 years? I feel old now
oldman.gif

I don't take part as often as I used to due to work commitments at the club... but I like to pop back now and again and take part in some of the more interesting non tuners and will continue to do until I get fed up with gaming as a pass time and take up dominoes and bowls ;)

Some Great times and memories in those 13 years 👍 :cheers:

Everyone make sure you're using the variant of Eiger that is NOT weather variable. :) I almost made that mistake.

Everyone make sure you're using the variant of Eiger that is NOT weather variable. :) I almost made that mistake.

Plus, I'd never driven the car before so I found when I reset the suspension to default it changed the value slightly (rear toe).

Did you have it as a prize car? That seems strange to change the suspension values, i'll have to check mine because i bought it especially for this.

Did you have it as a prize car? That seems strange to change the suspension values, i'll have to check mine because i bought it especially for this.

I can't remember whether it was a prize car or not. :dopey:

It changes the rear toe from 0.20 to 0.60 iirc, as it would've had to do with an update or something, you're probably ok if you've only just bought the car but better to double check I suppose. ;)

Gave another quick go with different brake settings and stopped trying to recreate Tokyo Drift for a while... :lol:

Splits that look rounded but aren't! Need to keep it steady to improve my T1 time but the Audi just begs to be thrown around :)

Initial splits after 25 km of messing up:

default diff setup, BB changed to 3/5

Not much better at the splits but made .1 at the line with this...

Every time i'm blue at T2 I stuff up the last section somewhere :mad: will try some more before the deadline.

Great splits guys 👍

Back