GTP_WRS Week 89 : First the Car, Then the Track

• Thread starter EDK
  • 100 comments
Hey guys, someone may be able to point me in the right direction - I was looking at the leaderboards, and I noticed that my name doesn't have a wheel or controller next to it - I'm racing with a new G29 wheel, and I don't know how to get that in there. I realise it's not THAT important, but I plan on doing this every week :)

Never found a 19.0 second sector tonight, but that's around a PB in T1.

Hey guys, someone may be able to point me in the right direction - I was looking at the leaderboards, and I noticed that my name doesn't have a wheel or controller next to it - I'm racing with a new G29 wheel, and I don't know how to get that in there. I realise it's not THAT important, but I plan on doing this every week :)
Check out the instructions in here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/guide-to-the-leaderboard-and-fetchy.297646/

This is a tricky combo, she just wants to burn rubber coming out of corners. This one’s gonna take a bit of time to get used to. I triple checked this Lap to make sure it was good this time. :)
583228D5-9A94-42E7-9143-BF5BBB5E2E96.png

Great splits so far guys!! :cheers:

Last edited:
Here's a little tip for anyone interested for sector 2.. for the right hander that takes you under the tyre bridge.. approach left of track in 2nd gear and if you can manage it in a quick motion whilst turning in, lift off the gas and gear up then to 3rd and tickle the brakes in that order quite fast and then back on the throttle asap for a much faster sector 2.. you will know when you get it right ;)👍

It works for me I hope it works for others :cheers:

Here's a little tip for anyone interested for sector 2.. for the right hander that takes you under the tyre bridge.. approach left of track in 2nd gear and if you can manage it in a quick motion whilst turning in, lift off the gas and gear up then to 3rd and tickle the brakes in that order quite fast and then back on the throttle asap for a much faster sector 2.. you will know when you get it right ;)👍

I was playing with that last night, I couldn’t decide which way was best though, thanks very much for the tip! :cheers:

I do this, without the dab of brake. I normally do not brake for Dunlop unless the car makes it absolutely necessary. Agree with the turn in approach, and 2 nights ago I could not find a 19.0x because I was not getting on the gas soon enough.

My best second sector so far is a 19.04x. Came within .007 of my current best last night with PB's in both S1 and S2 (on different laps), and a faster optimal. But could not tie it together, yet. :mischievous:

Fetchy forgot who I was or dislikes Old Farts!! :grumpy:
It's the GTP name change that's messing things up. We fixed it on the back end for the registry, but there's another action we need from our leaderboard expert.

The other option (and this is completely up to you) is for you to just register again. That will mean past events will be under your old name, and future events under your new name. The reason this can happen is that BOTH of your names changed, which is actually the toughest thing for us to manage. I can ask Vaxen to carry over your Handicap so you do not have to go through the rookie process again.

Let me know if you are OK with doing it this way.

These are the registration instructions.

Instructions for Registration Submission:
  • To submit your registration, start a new conversation with WRSFetchBot (Subject title: GTP_WRS Registration)
  • Provide your PSN ID and country details, exactly like this (case sensitive):

PSN: Windy_1238

EDK
It's the GTP name change that's messing things up. We fixed it on the back end for the registry, but there's another action we need from our leaderboard expert.

The other option (and this is completely up to you) is for you to just register again. That will mean past events will be under your old name, and future events under your new name. The reason this can happen is that BOTH of your names changed, which is actually the toughest thing for us to manage. I can ask Vaxen to carry over your Handicap so you do not have to go through the rookie process again.

Let me know if you are OK with doing it this way.

These are the registration instructions.

Instructions for Registration Submission:
  • To submit your registration, start a new conversation with WRSFetchBot (Subject title: GTP_WRS Registration)
  • Provide your PSN ID and country details, exactly like this (case sensitive):

PSN: Windy_1238
Kevin, I thought this was corrected a few weeks back when My times were submitted in a weekly TT. Lets go with option One.

Kevin, I thought this was corrected a few weeks back when My times were submitted in a weekly TT. Lets go with option One.
OK.

It's what will take the longest. What I'd not realized at the time was the GTP name update.

I will ask now and keep you posted, but until the change is made, we will not have your splits in the board.

Just got back in town after being away for a few weeks. Holly wheel spin... Lots of different approaches to try with this car.

Must be getting too much wheel spin in the first corner based on my split.
What BB are you using? I use negative and trail brake to the apex. That's the key to a quick T1, hit that apex and open the wheel up slowly.

Latest Posts

Back