GTP_WRS Week 91 : FahrvergSüzuken

• Thread starter EDK
  • 130 comments
Back with a different lousy rig in a different non-lousy apartment :dopey:.

1'05.785
2'02.222

Laps 1-4 were lousy, 5 was good and clean, 6 and 7 were good timewise but not clean, 8-9-10 were clean and progressively .050 second or less faster than the previous PB.

Take a while to get actually fast at that rate.

Some improvement

T1- 1.05.275
T2- 2.01.230

Messy last sector:ouch:

Don't want to be a pain but this might be a better thread for your re-introduction mate 👍

Wow, things really haven't changed. I'll keep that in mind for the future and any other responses/thanks I make (keep in mind I was replying in thanks to another member answering a question I posted... A question I posted in the wrong thread of course).

None the less thanks again for the correction. I'll be sure to correct my behavior.

Sorry again. :(

WRS
Wow, things really haven't changed. I'll keep that in mind for the future and any other responses/thanks I make (keep in mind I was replying in thanks to another member answering a question I posted... A question I posted in the wrong thread of course).

None the less thanks again for the correction. I'll be sure to correct my behavior.

Hmm, I really didn't see any issue, as you were talking about things related to running the WRS in a WRS thread. It's not like you were talking about your family vacation and giving your life story.

Great to have you in here, and thanks for you kind words. 👍

We just try to keep it fair and friendly around here.

:cheers:
Kevin

Don't worry, steven just likes to keep the thread tidy so that its easier to put things in the leaderboard! Weclome :cheers: good to have you on board and look forward to seeing how the old school WRS adapts to prologue! Also, your link to your history doesn't seem to work for me :(

New splits for me, a little slower but a lot quicker at the line

T1 - 1'05.721
T2 - 2'02.187

may the force of Suzuka be with you young luke.

Phillip.

:lol: just pictured translator guy with a sword :lol: .Posting splits late although I really struggle on these type of tracks (wide ones) :grumpy:

The first lap I get a good run before the start ,the 2D crowd getting behyond you and translator san saying may the force be with you (he does sound alot like Yoda )then Boom I messed up the first corner (facepalm).I still haven't figured out that track yet :ouch:.Anyway after a decent 4 other laps first splits

1'06.163
2'02.672

1'05.785
2'02.140

Don't know if I will have another go ,it is so hot the PS3 does that awful loud noice every 15 minutes of play :scared:

Edit :updated splits

Last edited:
First session splits.

T1: 1'05.662
T2: 2'02.237

Messy Spoon curve and generally a bit sloppy everywhere. Hopefully find some time to improve and reach my goal!

Hey guys, struggling to improve on my times (cant put a clean lap together) :grumpy:

Also, any suggestions for the following..? Not sure what gears for certain sections of the track (eg. holding 3rd or get in 4th in the S bends, spoon etc.)
I'm also unsure when it's best to shift in the golf??

Hey guys, struggling to improve on my times (cant put a clean lap together) :grumpy:

Also, any suggestions for the following..? Not sure what gears for certain sections of the track (eg. holding 3rd or get in 4th in the S bends, spoon etc.)

Personally I use 3rd through the Esses and Spoon from watching replays. Also, after watching some replays I realized that changing at 55/6mph, 78/9mph and 106/7mph works best. This can also be seen if you compare against a ghost car revving much higher. Hope this helps.

Welsh Don pretty much told you what you need to know there mate. However personally i never watch other peoples replays. I prefer experimenting. And when I put in my best performance I know its down to having worked hard by myself. 'Copying' someone elses lap isnt wrong by any means, i think the majority of people in here use them. Even the div 1 guys!! Whatever works best for you champ ;)

When I started WRS i took every lap like a qualifier. It was hit and miss wether it was clean or not. Now days i go out on track and just drive slow. Well, not slow, just slow enough that i'm not in danger of going off, then i build up the speed lap by lap taking small chunks out of my lap time. By the way, i never have my ghost on, its too distracting for me. Instead, as suggested by some very wise friends here 👍 I set myself a target and aim for that. Each time i beat it i go after another half second etc etc.

Whatever though man, you're a division above me anyway.. you dont need any help :yuck:

:lol:

Quick 10 lap session, new splits:

T1: 1'05.910
T2: 2'02.219

Getting quicker, this is a frustrating yet addictive combo!

T1 - 1'05.649
T2 - 2'01.913

Update :

1'05.803
2'02.074

That first sector needs to be alot quicker .T2 is a blast.

Just wrecked a T2 of 2'01.222 :(. I have no clue where to break for the chicane I always guess $%^& me.

Hey guys, struggling to improve on my times (cant put a clean lap together)

Gearing for the esses partly depends on your style. The whole run can be taken in 4th, but you need to be really smooth, to avoid losing momentum. If you want to just thrash it, take it in 3rd. I use 4th going into spoon, and 3rd to help point the car on exit.

The shift points translate to about 6,100 RPM's. Many of the replays have clutch, so their shift points are deceptive. Especially for the 4th/5th shift, it can be as early as about 105 MPH. Watch the speedo, and see where you get the most consistent acceleration, pre and post shift.

Just wrecked a T2 of 2'01.222 :(. I have no clue where to break for the chicane I always guess $%^& me.

I use the marker signs on the right hand fence/barrier. Helps me be more consistent. But if you get a really nice exit from 130R, you'd better account for that. ;)

I always use the breaker mark from the optimal race line that PD gives us, where the blue stripes turn into reds. From there you could see if you need one dash later or earlier for your racing style. Good luck 👍

EDK
I use the marker signs on the right hand fence/barrier. Helps me be more consistent. But if you get a really nice exit from 130R, you'd better account for that. ;)

I always use the breaker mark from the optimal race line that PD gives us, where the blue stripes turn into reds. From there you could see if you need one dash later or earlier for your racing style. Good luck 👍

Thanks guys, I tried EDK its a good reference. When the marker hit the right end of my screen I start braking.

I usually drive with the line off but for this I might be a good idea :).

//Edit: New splits a little bit better watching the replay I still spot mistakes. And I have had several faster T2's I didnt expect this lap to be faster at the line but it was somehow. Should be atleast 0.1sec left. First and second corner were perfect for me :D.

T1: 1'05.318
T2: 2'01.386

Last edited:
Back