GTP_WRS Week 91 : FahrvergSüzuken

• Thread starter EDK
  • 130 comments
Bringing up the rear so to speak.
Gotta find better lines me thinks, anyway lots of fun.

T1 1'07.312
T2. 2'04.487

Second session Finally getting the hang of it ,still some time to improve though.

1'05.447
2'01.773

Beat my target for today. Going to be tricky finding more time though, new splits:

T1: 1'05.766
T2: 2'01.863

Off to work I go 👎

Another ten laps ... and I find less than .1 second. :(

1'05.749
2'02.246

More than a full second slower than a lap I did with a controller more than a year ago. :grumpy:

doh, i forgot to chance my rear tires to S1, now i can't beat my best lap anymore, and so i can't save my best lap :grumpy:

doh, i forgot to chance my rear tires to S1, now i can't beat my best lap anymore, and so i can't save my best lap :grumpy:

Your ok, you still have 4 days loads of time. 👍

Welcome to WRS.

Phillip.

No worries Plus, you can save any fastest lap you've made after restarting your Prologue game. Best thing to avoid confusion might be to delete the fast lap with S2/S2 tyres.

Good luck setting a new fast lap with the righ compounds 👍

No worries Plus, you can save any fastest lap you've made after restarting your Prologue game. Best thing to avoid confusion might be to delete the fast lap with S2/S2 tyres.

Good luck setting a new fast lap with the righ compounds 👍

thanks, i will do my best in the weekend :), i'm in the night shift now

Well I gave it a go without much success. My DF-GT/G25 Hybrid wheel is great. I 'always' seem to be a second back at T1 at this place. I just can't seem to get the car to split the turns as precisely vs the controller :/ Maybe next week.

Jerome

Well I gave it a go without much success. My DF-GT/G25 Hybrid wheel is great. I 'always' seem to be a second back at T1 at this place. I just can't seem to get the car to split the turns as precisely vs the controller :/ Maybe next week.

Jerome

Well, at least you have a nice avatar. :dopey:

I managed to chip off a little more. I wasn't even going to post the splits, until I realized they would move me up the board a spot. :P

1:05.605
2:01.930

Still struggling with T2, but have a pretty good handle on the first and last sector. The hairpin still feels awkward to me, so I have a feeling a lot of my lot time can be found there.

New splits

T1- 1.05.149
T2- 2.01.145

Lost time at spoon:ouch:

T1: 1'05.283
T2: 2'01.357

T1: 1'05.316
T2: 2'01.341

Phillip.

Last edited:
First 10 laps resulted in a meager

1'07.277
2'04.913

Watching Takeuchi's fastest lap (S2/S2) I see he keeps his revs high tho, for example, he switches gears to 3rd inside the final chicane??? Must mean that he thinks the Newtons are everywhere in the rev range. Also, he doesn't stick too much to the optimal race line but takes wider curves.

More to come, as Suzuka is always very addicting to drive and brings back memories to the lovely F430 qualifier that I must have tried for more than 200 laps :)

Watching Takeuchi's fastest lap (S2/S2) I see he keeps his revs high tho, for example, he switches gears to 3rd inside the final chicane??? Must mean that he thinks the Newtons are everywhere in the rev range. Also, he doesn't stick too much to the optimal race line but takes wider curves.

He uses the clutch, so what he does is not necessarily the fastest without the clutch. That shift to 3rd mid-chicane avoids having to lift. ;)

I just did the straightaway test, looking for speed at the turn 1 sandtrap at the start of the lap, and found about 6,100 RPM's to be the optimum shift point for max acceleration.

Planned to race this week...
Very little time, very little experience, no progress in the game, and a fear of mis-matched tires leaves me with the feeling I'll pass on this week's race (not that I'd be competitive any way). :lol:
Think I'll take advantage of this time to continue working on my game save (I know I can download one but I'm looking to do it on my own so I can learn to drive in GT5P).

Catch up with y'all later, till then...
-

had another session earlier and made a small improvement; new splits...

T1: 1'05.427
T2: 2'01.404

New splits:

1'05.058
2'01.002

Cautious braking for casio so I reckon I can take another tenth or so off my total.

1'07.771
2'05.111

5 laps. Haven't raced in a week plus but ready to get back into it this weekend I believe. Good luck everyone! 👍

Hey Tyler, welcome to WRS! If it's not too much trouble, please add your GTP_ tag to your details. I'm nor sure if the leaderboard fetchbot will add your splits without that so I took the liberty of adding you by hand.

Good luck with your efforts for this week's combo, and remember: the captain slow spot has already been taken :)

Wordlewrs91.jpg

I was just playing around on Wordle http://www.wordle.net/

I should be TT'ing really :lol:

Last edited:
My splits:
T1: 1'05.415
T2: 2'01.752

Not really happy with it as I look at the other splits here.

To Fastas: nice work and thanks for the link, it's a great app 👍

Nice game to try and find your own name hidden somewhere in the graphic :)
Mine is a bit to the right from the basis of the lying G of GTP.

I just attempted the 'difficult third session' and have nothing new to report. I've worked on my first sector but all gains are lost thereafter.

I think Kevin/EDK's analysis of the gear changes is fairly accurate but I'm running third a little higher because fourth seems like it has a longer ratio difference compared to 4th-5th or 2nd-3rd. I'm revving third upto the red light.

Back