GTP_WRS Week 91 : FahrvergSüzuken

• Thread starter EDK
  • 130 comments
Hey Tyler, welcome to WRS! If it's not too much trouble, please add your GTP_ tag to your details. I'm nor sure if the leaderboard fetchbot will add your splits without that so I took the liberty of adding you by hand.

Good luck with your efforts for this week's combo, and remember: the captain slow spot has already been taken :)

Thanks, I'll throw that in my profile. The bot has worked out ok (this'll be my 4th competition I think) but I'll add it so people will know where to find me on PSN at the very least. Look out for a new contender to the captaincy of slowness! I've got to take more time off my laps, but the competition here is just plain strong so even bringing up the rear I don't feel all that bad at this point in my sim driving career.

I don't really understand how it works even though I read the stickies.
Especially the don't-post-times rule and consequently everybody posting times in here lol but whatever.

I was thinking about just racing along with the challenge to see how I compete.
So is it, or is it nòt legal in that case to put the times in this thread then?

Edit: Nevermind. They're not the final laptimes..

Is it possible to compete without the ability to send in replays?

Last edited:
First splits:

T1: 1'05.030
T2: 2'00.978

T1: 1'05.029
T2: 2'00.900

A 2'00.7 is possible at T2

Last edited:
Small improvement,

1'05.481
2'01.512

Seen a few .4s at T2 but typically in my excitement of pulling off a better split, it all goes horribly wrong at Casio :grumpy:

Is it possible to compete without the ability to send in replays?
Since the PS3 it has become very simple to upload replays. Why wouldn't you be able to do so? If you need any help in the techno-department, most of us are very able and willing to lend you a hand.

I just attempted the 'difficult third session' and have nothing new to report.

Difficult third session :lol:

Had a third session myself which went well so obviously Im going to be successfull forever :P

New splits

1'05.376
2'01.382

EDK
I managed to leap frog you again. ;)

We are close this week. :eek:

1:05.369
2:01.629

Dang, good Job! But how was your last sector!! lol :)

Once I saw this, I jumped on quickly for 4 laps and improved, but no leap frog this time, plus a cautious last sector. This one is really frustrating me as I know there must be at least 3/10ths left out there for me, but getting them is another matter! :banghead:

T1: 1'05.405
T2: 2'01.678

I'm gonna be down & out for a few days.:grumpy:

Messed up my leg playing football:dopey:

I should stick to the virtual games:sly:

Never pulled a hamstring or tore a groin playing FIFA, Madden, or GTP :)

Oops, sorry EDK, found my sweet spot! I'm very happy with this lap and have submitted with these splits, which gives me two days to relax! I think I might have left 1/10th at Casio, but I can live with that. The heart was pounding all the way from T1 and I didn't even look at my T2 split as I passed it! :)

T1: 1'05.250
T2: 2'01.347

Last edited:
I'm gonna be down & out for a few days.:grumpy:

Messed up my leg playing football:dopey:

I should stick to the virtual games:sly:

Never pulled a hamstring or tore a groin playing FIFA, Madden, or GTP :)

Get well back soon mate 👍 .

Will have a late session but don't know where to improve.

Hey guys, as this is my first week submitting a time I'll need to make sure I submit it correctly!! Do I just send through the details to sjaak68 again (just like the qualifier??)
Have just had a quick look and can't find anything..?

Click on the link to Vaxen's profile and send your time in a private message to him. Make sure it's in the correct format (An example of which is in the line below the one you've quoted I believe).

Good luck. 👍

Just submitted my time with splits on the board.

Had a last ditch attempt at gaining some tenths just now, but alas, I could not improve.

Good luck everyone 👍

I reached my limit early this week.

Submitted with the following splits:
T1: 1'05.355
T2: 2'01.623

Update:

1'04.933
2'00.878

Maybe it's because of FF drive or something.
I did the High speed ring challenge from last week and was halfway up the end results in the final lap times.

But I am having a hard time to even dive below 1'06.000 in T1 with my car.
It's pretty sick to be honest.

It can also be the fact that you guys got less bends on the High Speed ring to really set yourself apart from me. It's obvious you succeed at that on this more bendy kind of track nevertheless though.
I mean come on half a second ok.
But 2 freaking seconds in the first part lol.. it's getting freaky.

Maybe it's because of FF drive or something.....But I am having a hard time to even dive below 1'06.000 in T1 with my car.
It's pretty sick to be honest.

It's the track Niels. The first sector of Suzuka is exceptionally hard because of it's technical nature. Usually any WRS event like this one (held at Suzuka) gets bombarded by the 'aliens', mainly, I imagine, because it's the only place they drive at.

The best advice I can offer is to watch a few replays from the arcade rankings and study the power and braking that players employ. Lifting off and accelerating up the esses in the right places can make a massive difference to lap times.

One piece of advice I picked up along the way was to only brake for the right-hander turns through sector 1. Everything else I've learned from trial and error. Hope this is of some use to you.

Fourth session (I guess the even numbered sessions work better for me):

T1: 1'05.204
T2: 2'01.283

D.

Last edited:
Final 10 laps this week.

1'05.726
2'01.938

Didn't get much off the full lap either. :( Time to submit nevertheless.

edit: and submitted

Last edited:
Back