GTP_WRS Week 97 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 73 comments
1---2'02.070---GTP_Vagabond
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Clean and green.. Nice laps guys!! 👍
Thanks Dan. :cheers:
Nice lap Chris, looks really smooth :crazy:
Thanks mate (Ali is it?). 👍 I had a lap 0.001 slower with tyre smoke everywhere so I'm glad the smooth one was faster haha. :P

Congrats on taking the Cup. You are an inspiration to us all. Its truely an honor to compete with you and the rest of the people here. Really enjoying my time in these competitions.

Is anyone posting the tale of T4 ? Curious about the times.

Sorry about that. Congrats to winners, podiums, and those who persisted with this. Could not put together anything resembling a submission worthy lap (.7-1s off indicated PBs, best lap was dirty and still slow compared to my own possible sectors, even totally ignoring that everyone else was faster; just couldn't figure the car out).

Anyway, enough about me:

Code:
[B][U] Place  |  Driver PSN           |  Div  |   Split 1 |   Split 2 |   Split 3 |   Split 4 |  ∆  |   Laptime |[/U][/B]
[COLOR=Blue]      1 |  GTP_Vagabond         | div 1 |    37.415 |    27.614 |    29.451 |    27.590 |     |  2'02.070 |[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]      2 |  GTP_Hyper-Dan        | div 1 |    37.400 |    27.804 |    29.678 |    27.692 |     |  2'02.574 |[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkOrange]      3 |  GTPcats_pajamas      | div 2 |    37.564 |    27.822 |    29.701 |    27.697 |  +1 |  2'02.784 |[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkOrange]      4 |  GTP_transamguy       | div 2 |    37.574 |    27.855 |    29.611 |    27.946 |  -1 |  2'02.986 |[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkOrange]      5 |  GTP_Arianrhod        | div 2 |    37.631 |    27.788 |    29.831 |    27.878 |     |  2'03.128 |[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Magenta]      6 |  GTP_Kreezydoed       | div 3 |    37.622 |    28.100 |    29.651 |    28.048 |     |  2'03.421 |[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Magenta]      7 |  GTP_Brinomial        | div 3 |    38.030 |    27.924 |    29.925 |    27.820 |     |  2'03.699 |[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Magenta]      8 |  GTP_Racingworld      | div 3 |    37.894 |    28.011 |    29.987 |    27.819 |     |  2'03.711 |[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Magenta]      9 |  GTP_otxjto           | div 3 |    37.829 |    28.153 |    29.995 |    27.988 |     |  2'03.965 |[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Magenta]     10 |  GTP_Allibubba99      | div 3 |    38.275 |    28.211 |    29.919 |    27.859 |  +2 |  2'04.264 |[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkRed]     11 |  GTP_CargoRatt        | div 4 |    38.065 |    28.301 |    30.025 |    27.878 |     |  2'04.269 |[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Magenta]     12 |  GTP_AspecBob         | div 3 |    37.929 |    28.183 |    30.217 |    27.944 |  -2 |  2'04.273 |[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Magenta]     13 |  GTP_Sjaak            | div 3 |    38.062 |    28.162 |    30.185 |    27.872 |     |  2'04.281 |[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]     14 |  GTP_Straffestef      | div 5 |    38.521 |    28.449 |    30.404 |    28.070 |     |  2'05.444 |[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkRed]     15 |  GTP_GDS              | div 4 |    38.573 |    28.547 |    30.496 |    28.255 |     |  2'05.871 |[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]     16 |  GTP_Luds78           | div 5 |    38.736 |    28.414 |    30.800 |    28.793 |     |  2'06.743 |[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]     17 |  GTP_zapphoid         | div 5 |    38.855 |    28.447 |    30.810 |    28.731 |     |  2'06.843 |[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkRed]     18 |  GTP_Snoopy           | div 4 |    39.375 |    29.050 |    30.737 |    28.860 |     |  2'08.022 |[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Magenta]     19 |  GTP_bzflagace        | div 3 |    39.375 |         0 |  2'08.318 |           |     |           |[/COLOR]

Again, congrats to all those who battled to the end with this.... uh, interesting car on a very technical track :sly:

And welcome to the new faces!

Apparently I was running a very different car than most of you... To be placed in Div 3 from my qualifier but not even come close to Division 4 and 5 times much less Division 3. I am assuming that most of you had a very tuned car. Something I have no skill in doing apparently.

I will turn in my replay shortly, for what it is worth...

Apparently I was running a very different car than most of you... To be placed in Div 3 from my qualifier but not even come close to Division 4 and 5 times much less Division 3. I am assuming that most of you had a very tuned car. Something I have no skill in doing apparently.

I will turn in my replay shortly, for what it is worth...

I hear ya man! Check the thread occaisionally and you will find guys posting their setups. They can be very helpfull. Sometimes you will find two three seconds a lap with the setup just the way it is posted. Other times you may need to tweak it a little to suit your style.

See how you do on the weeks that are run in arcade mode. If you are still way behind the curve, it may mean you are not putting in as much time as you did on the qualifier.

At any rate, just keep applying yourself. You will find that some track/car combos suit you well and others will be throw away weeks.

This was my first tt. I didn't spend that much time on the qualifier, maybe an hour for each of the two sectors of the ring. I know I am a long ways from alien status but after playing for a couple years I thought I would at least be competitive. The seasonals also typically I can typically gold within a couple of tries. But it would appear that I still have a lot to learn. Hopefully I can do that here.

1---2'02.784---GTPcats_pajamas

Trying this again as it doesn't seem to have picked up my original verify.
Is it because I didn't copy the "1---" ? This may have been subconscious on my part Baron ;)

This was my first tt. I didn't spend that much time on the qualifier, maybe an hour for each of the two sectors of the ring. I know I am a long ways from alien status but after playing for a couple years I thought I would at least be competitive. The seasonals also typically I can typically gold within a couple of tries. But it would appear that I still have a lot to learn. Hopefully I can do that here.

My first couple of weeks were a shock to me and were a little discouraging. I figured I had been playing so long that I could keep up with everyone else but I quickly found out I was up against some stiff competition. Once I started putting in a little more time and effort I started to climb the boards a bit and I've already learned a lot along the way and I can honestly say I'm noticeable quicker than I was a few months ago when I started. It's very competitive but also friendly and a lot of fun.

....But it would appear that I still have a lot to learn. Hopefully I can do that here.
This is definitely the right place to help you improve. 👍 If its any encouragement, this was my first WRS event:

http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GT5P/results/7/

If you can't see me at first, I'm D3 Bronze in 20th place. At that point I thought I was pretty good on GT having played them all from the first one, so my pace compared to the best really came as a shock... Its been a long road from there and I do have much better equipment now but alot of the improvement is just from what I've learned from the guys here.

I and others always post setups in tuning weeks - usually a good base from which to get the car to suit your driving style. I also usually post a video of my 1st sector if I'm doing ok in that combo - watching them will give you an idea of apex speeds, braking points, throttle use, and gear selection. If you ask specific questions about parts of the track or car behavior you're struggling with, there will always be a few of tips and tricks the guys can offer to help. Sometimes we even get a complete lap breakdown from someone who has a good grasp of how to tie it all together - Kevin himself is pretty good at this (EDK). 👍 Put it all together and you have the friendliest and most helpful competition you can take part it in. I've never know another competitive community that help each other out like at GTP. Watch the replays, don't be afraid to ask questions and you'll be improving in no time. :cheers:

transamguy
1---2'02.784---GTPcats_pajamas

Trying this again as it doesn't seem to have picked up my original verify.
Is it because I didn't copy the "1---" ? This may have been subconscious on my part Baron ;)

It's because I don't have a_ after GTP in my name.

Sorry about the terrible sentence structure, grammar is not my strong suit. :)

Last edited:

I know exactly how you feel, was/I'm in the same situation.
I qualified D2 Silver, what was quite a shock for me :)
Did spend far less time on the qualifier then I do now for the TT, but most of the times I'm very far off pace from my division and get beaten by D3 and D4 drivers on a regular base. So quite frustrating :)
I just realized that I'm not as good as tought and now I'm trying to improve.
Also switched this year from DS3 to wheel and still not able to use it to it's full potential, but I think I'm getting there.
One factor, I think, was also that the qualifier is on the Nurburgring, one of my favorite tracks.

Take this WRS TT for example, did 1200 km with the car using Chris's tune and watching his first sector a hundreth times, still was 1.5 seconds away from the 3th in D3 :dunce:
It's amazing how good our guys are here and how sensitive they are with throttle and brake 👍
Sometimes I'm wondering if it's not a Bot driving instead of them *lol*

Despite that, I really found a new bunch of friends here and the best community I've ever been with, very kind and helpful as Chris said.
Could beat myself sometimes for not joining earlier. :gtpflag:

Now I'm doing less WRS TT and more WRS Online Events, which are tons of fun with a great group of regulars. Maybe you can join us sometime on tuesdays for the official practice, wednesdays for the weekly race, saturday for the WRS Academy and the Attack races.

For what it's worth...
I find keeping my sessions short to be best. You will beat your ghost next time you sit down to play. I don't always use my fastest ghost. I put a great deal of time into each week that I compete. When my top 10 times are within a couple of tenths I know I'm maxing out.
Some weeks I feel like I'm in the wrong division. I don't like certain tracks or cars, But by the end of the week I know the track, My car and my setup, but my time may not be competitive. But If I compared my first lap time to my last lap time, I think I would win every week if thats whats its based on ;)

I appreciate all of your words of encouragement.

I am new to the online portion of sim racing. I have had GT for about 2 years, but mostly been playing with an xlerator, G27 on a projected screen (with it's 5-8 frames of lag) until about a month ago. Mostly was just measuring myself against the AI. I usually played only a couple of times a month.

I got into go-karts about a year and a half ago. 2012 was my first full season and I finished 4th in the championship out of about 30 participants (15 full time participants). I finished on the podium a couple of times. After the season ended in October, I decided that I need to train a lot more if I want to reach my goals for 2013.

So I upgraded my kit. Got a Obutto R3volution, 3 - 27" monitors, a set of Fanatec Club Sport wheel and pedals, 2 more PS3's and a gaming computer for iRacing. My wife has just barely withstood the shock of what happened in "her" office.

So, with that I am also new to iRacing, which is in some ways the same and others, very different. What I have noticed is that the base setup in iRacing is competitive which I like very much. It is not too hard to be at the 102% of the fastest guys that are doing some tuning. I am jumped into the middle of 2012 S4 Spec Racer Ford after clearing my rookie status into D status at Christmas. It is a very touchy car and demands to be driven smooth and be very careful of lift-throttle-oversteer.

GT5 I am finding more challenging to find good online racing in. But after doing a bunch of reading here on the forums, it seems that GTP is the most organized and consistent racing. I also like a good forum to work with each other on. At the kart track the guys are super helpful to each other and I really appreciate that. I am also finding that many cars as stock don't drive very closely to a tuned car. While I understand how to tune a kart (with no suspension), that doesn't really translate suspension tuning on a car with a suspension. I have looked at the tuning forums some, but it is a bit overwhelming as to the number of different opinions on how to tune. I think this may have played into my performance in the TT as I was trying to run something that was very close to stock...

I was going to run the Wed night race, but after my TT I was convinced that I would be racing around back by myself. Next week I am out on business all week, but I will look at the following week at joining the race.

Thanks again for the encouragement and I will try this weeks TT and see how it goes.

Cheers,

So I went home to get my replay, but I must be doing something wrong. There is none. I hit ghost save and made a new file. But I don't see it. So I went to eiger ran a few laps, saved ghost replay. Exited. Came back and I can't load the file. Can someone help me please?

So I went home to get my replay, but I must be doing something wrong. There is none. I hit ghost save and made a new file. But I don't see it. So I went to eiger ran a few laps, saved ghost replay. Exited. Came back and I can't load the file. Can someone help me please?

Oh boy, that's a tough one with out enough information. Can't load the file in the game replay screen? Or can't load the replay up to the forum? If it's the forum, you need to create a zip or rar file in order to upload it.

Go here for all the info you need on how to do it:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=176743

If it's in the game you are having problems, you may have exceeded your memory on the PS3 and it wont save any more files or you are not doing it properly.

Please provide a little more detail on exactly where in the process you are encountering the problem.

I think you have to save your best lap replay, and not your ghost replay (different button)

I think you have to save your best lap replay, and not your ghost replay (different button)

You do want to save the ghost replay.
It's the regular replay - the one that show all laps you have run in a stint - that you do not want / need for WRS.

As Ron mentioned, a few more details and we can help you out 👍
It sounds like (and I'm assuming here) that you perhaps haven't exported the replay to the XMB and you therefore cannot find any file to load to a flash drive. I've never heard of a saved ghost replay not being accesible from the replay theater.

I'm in :D
Chris, your tune and video were pure Gold! It was like a race training / driving kit all in one.
With only an hour to set up and practice the combo at all, I had a fantastic race on Wednesday.
As always, Thanks 👍
:lol: Glad to be of service Marc. 👍 See you on track later then mate. :cheers:

My Replay for the week.

Attachments

• GTP_GDS_Week97-Replay.zip
    355.6 KB · Views: 6
2---2'03.699---GTP_Brinomial

4---2'03.965---GTP_otxjto

Times and tires correct.

Hi guys have had a flat out week and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong yesterday when I had a sec to try but I think I just need to export the replay to the XMB. My apologies if I'm late in submitting but I should get the replay up tonight for reviewing.

Hi there, again sorry for the late replay. First time doing this.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• GTP_Snoopy WRS Week 97 Replay.zip
    360.9 KB · Views: 6
So sorry for being the late bird again gents. Congratulations on the D2 win Baron - great lap time. My last sector wasn't great but I'd have needed much longer to beat the lap I did, so well deserved. :cheers: An easy podium for me since there was only the 3 of us but I'll take it. :)

The usual crazy times from the aliens. :crazy: 👍

And here is my very late replay. Its been a hellish week at work this last week and I plain forgot to post it. :guilty:

Attachments

• GTP_Arianrhod.Week_97.zip
    349.1 KB · Views: 5

Latest Posts

Back