WRS-OE3D3TitlesWeekendRacingXXL.png

A Scary Rx

Specs as in Event 10 modified for the Saturday Attack Format

ascari-full-track_1-copy-jpg.133716

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

April 5, 2014

3:00 PM Eastern | 12:00 PM Pacific | 19:00 GMT | World Clock

Qualifying will begin promptly at the time above and the session will last exactly 15 minutes at which point the race countdown timer will be started. Watch this thread for a notification post when the lounge is open for Saturday Attack.

Mazda RX-7 efini Type R (FD) '91 @ Ascari Race Resort

car_mazda_efini_rx7_type_r_fd_91.jpg
track_ascari_race_resort.jpg

Qualification Procedures
  • Type: Live Single Stint Pre-Race Qualifying
  • Setup: The lap times will be reset by changing tracks (and back) 5 minutes prior to the qualification session.
  • Length: 15 minutes. Run as many laps as you desire during the time, however tire changes are NOT allowed which should put a cap on the effective number of laps. The race countdown timer will start at exactly 15:00.000 minutes on the track clock by a steward. Drivers can attempt to finish hot laps until the timer expires. It is our understanding that any laps completed prior to 10 seconds on the timer will count, but those completed at the last seconds of the timer will be ignored by the system.
  • Pits: Closed for service. You should park in pits manually or via start/exit when you are finished running hot laps, but you cannot change tires and return to track. You can also park/ghost on track if you can get sufficiently away from the racing line.
  • Groups: Track is open to all drivers during the session. Drafting is not allowed so space out appropriately or dip out of draft if closing in on someone. When exiting pits be sure to wait for a sufficient gap and stop if necessary to allow drivers on track to pass without interference.
  • Notes: Drivers arriving late can join the quali session at any time during the session. Drivers that do not have time to run at least one hot lap will start in the back. If you exit to the lobby after running a hot lap your times will be reset so stay on the track or in the pits. If a driver DCs during the session they will lose their best lap, however they can rejoin and run another lap (time permitting) or rejoin and start in the back.
  • Corrections: None! Whatever grid order the system gives us will be official... no restarts or formation laps. The second race is reverse grid with gaps so there is some amount of correction built in if you start further back than you should. This is unofficial and just for fun so just go with it!

*If the size of the grid is large relative to the size of the track split qualifying (2 groups) will be utilized instead with 2 hot laps allowed per driver. Group 1 driver should remain on track to keep their times registered with the system, but must ghost off the racing line and wait for group 2 while they qualify.

Basic Settings
  • Room Mode: PQR = Practice, Qualify, Race
  • Room Privacy: Public
  • Entry: Type GTP WRS to identify yourself if you don't use a GTP tag
Room Settings
  • Room Comment: GTP_WRS A Scary Rx
  • Room Type: Race for Real
  • Fixed Room Host: No
  • Max Number of Participants: 16 per lounge
  • Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Standard
Course Settings
  • Course: Ascari Race Resort
  • No. of Laps: 10 X 2 races - Race 2 Reverse Grid with Delayed Starts*
  • Weather: 0%
  • Weather Changeability: Fixed
  • Surface Water at Race Start: 0%
  • Time: TBD
  • Time Progression: TBD
Qualification Procedures
  • Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Length: 15 min
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.
Race Settings
  • Hold Races Automatically: Disabled
  • Start Type: Grid Start with False Start Check
  • Grid Order: Race 1: Fastest First, Race 2: Reverse Grid
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: None
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Minimum Number of Pit Stops: 0
  • Require Tire Type Change: Off
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
Car Selection Method
  • Car Selection Method: Garage
  • Car Filters: Filter by Make -> Manufacturers -> Mazda
  • PP Limit: 460 PP
  • Max Power Limit: 265 HP
  • Minimum Weight: 1260 kg
  • Drivetrain: FR
  • Tires: Sports Medium (S2) (Front and Rear)
  • Nitrous: Prohibited
  • Vehicle Tuning: Allowed
  • Tuning: The following tuning parts and car maintenance Are Allowed:
    • Oil Change
    • Fully Customizable Suspension
    • Racing Brakes
    • Fully Customizable Transmission
    • Fully Customizable Mechanical LSD
    • Carbon Drive Shaft
    • Triple Plate Clutch Kit
    • Wing
    • Body Rigidity (Improve And Restore)
    • Engine Overhaul
    • Chassis Reinforcement
    • Aero Kits
    • Flat Floors
    • Upgrading, painting wheel rims
  • Tuning: The following tuning parts and car maintenance Not Allowed:
    • Weight Reduction
    • Horsepower-adding parts
    • NOS
    • Ballast Adjustment
  • Custom Rims: Allowed
  • Oil change: Allowed
  • Other tuning, custom parts, weight reduction, ballast adjustment, or chassis reinforcement are not allowed. We can verify these things from the replays.
Limit Driving Options
  • Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Active Steering: Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management (ASM): Available / Optional
  • Driving Line: Available / Optional
  • Traction Control: Available / Optional
  • ABS: Available / Optional
  • Handbrake: Prohibited

*Each drivers target "launch time" for race 2 will be a function of their gap from the race 1 results. That last place finisher will start at the green light (0:00.000) and each driver will wait for a their specified "launch time" with the winner of race 1 leaving the grid last. A race steward will let each driver know their targets during the break between races.

ascari-full-track_23-copy-jpg.133720

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-15 drivers we will disable mics.

eventsaturday_reg.png

(Table will update approximately every 30min)

Register Here

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry, join now by following the GTP_WRS Registration!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 16 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Late Comers

Drivers arriving late for qualifying can join Race 1 from the rear of the grid. Drivers arriving after Race 1 has started can join in for race 2.

WRS-OE3D3TitlesSaturdayAttack.png

Attack Setup Basics

• Run the first race, set to last approximately 15 minutes, and finish normally and record gaps.
  • Run reverse grid on 2nd race, but have drivers stay on grid for some % of the gap. i.e. if you finished first and the last car was 30 seconds behind you would have to remain parked for 27 seconds (90% of 30).
  • Reverse grid with a bit of a twist.
  • A two race "finish" system will be used to discourage any driver from lowering the gap of the first race. E.g. The overall event winner is the driver with the lowest "total" time across both races.
  • Add a bonus for positions. e.g. Podiumfinishers get 6, 3 and 1 bonuspoint. Meaning 6, 3 or 1 second will be substracted from your total racetime.

Timings

The lounge will be available after the Academy is completed around 20:00 GMT* and the first Attack Format Race will start around 20:30 GMT. Watch this thread for a post when the lounge is open. Please do not arrive before 20:00 GMT or before the post is made as it may interrupt the Academy race.

(*)Timings are subject to daylight saving time changes.

Specs

The specs for the races will be exactly the same as the previous WRS-OE/3D3 race of that particular week.

Results

These races are unofficial, which means participation, podiums or wins will not be added to the official 3D3-stats.

AutumnRing_3.jpg

I'll join in. Have to do first some practice and setup the car.

Pretty neat idea Speedy. 👍
Now we have some organized thread for the attack races also.

Like Jammy said, I hope to be there on saturday, unfortunatly I didn't have any time for the WRS online race/practice.

Also, if you want to race during the weekend in a clean and respectful manner with some WRS members, you are free to post and organize in this thread. Just keep in mind that the Main Lounge will always be reserved for the Saturday Races mentioned above.

So if someone wanted to just race one night with any car or any race, say for example a Sunday night they would be able to post in here to organize it.

I've also signed up for Saturday but only 50%.

I'm setting up the loung right now, need some practice :)
Feel free to join any time. 👍

Here are the results of the Autobacs @ Autumn Ring Races.

Congrats Pekka, Jon and Mike!

14_10_12_zps9bf7a165.png

Registrationtable is reset for sign ups for next week in the 370Z. :)

As we are doing Grid starts in these, how about using the False start check penalty?

Is this with or without tuning? And is it me, i can't find anything about the power/weight or PP and tires.

I personally don't want to mess up my academy car with motor stages or weight stages. I can alway use the last years academy car. Can dupe that one.

Personally i prefer stock. Just like wednesday

Is this with or without tuning? And is it me, i can't find anything about the power/weight or PP and tires.

I personally don't want to mess up my academy car with motor stages or weight stages. I can alway use the last years academy car. Can dupe that one.

Personally i prefer stock. Just like wednesday

The exact specs like laps,PP are not known yet.We will here them in the next days but the pp stays close to stock.

Also these Saturday races are with the specs of the big Wednesday race.
No tuning.
Just like you I like the cars to be stock so the guys have chosen a perfect combo to get back in the racing.

Btw,

Nice to see you Dan :)

The exact specs like laps,PP are not known yet.We will here them in the next days but the pp stays close to stock.

Also these Saturday races are with the specs of the big Wednesday race.
No tuning.
Just like you I like the cars to be stock so the guys have chosen a perfect combo to get back in the racing.

Btw,

Nice to see you Dan :)

Thanks Sjaak

Great. If the specs are the same as Wednesday, we don't have to put in extra time for practice. That would be nice. Otherwise as long the PP are close to stock, i can life with tuning. Only need a bit of luck with finding a tune on the net, that fits my driving style.

I have last years car to give away, it's broken in.

I just opened the main lounge for practice. So you can practice for wednesday or saturday

Last edited:
I would need to get the DLC.. Is it still the same as SPA (as in).. You can get the track on multiple accounts? I also like the thought of no tuning 👍

I just opened the main lounge for practice. So you can practice for wednesday and/or saturday
Specs will always be the same on Saturday as they were on the Wednesday race.
I would need to get the DLC.. Is it still the same as SPA (as in).. You can get the track on multiple accounts? I also like the thought of no tuning 👍

I think you only need to download the free family pack to share DLC across accounts on one PS3.

As that's cool.. Thanks for the info 👍 Is it a must to run my GTP tag?

Yep you need to run with your GTP account that you done the qualifier with 👍.

Ill enjoy trying to keep up with you around in these races as I do in the sunday cup.

That's a bit of an arse.. I only have about 10 cars on my GTP account.. Maybe I can sweet talk Sjaak or Kev a bit ;) :lol:

Cars for the events are generally giftable, Im sure someone can gift one for the event or future events if needs be.

I don't think I'll be able to get into these Saturday attack races until college football is over.

As we are using grid start, how about using that 'False Start Check Penalty' here?

As we are using grid start, how about using that 'False Start Check Penalty' here?

Just registered for the event, I hope to get some real practice before saturday.

Nice idea Speedy with the "False Start Check", I would be in for that.

Signed up

Hope it will be a little more crowded than this.

We'll be doing 2 x 13 laps this evening.
1 group quali (2 hotlaps) and grid start with false start check penalty.

See you on track!

We'll be doing 2 x 13 laps this evening.
1 group quali (2 hotlaps) and grid start with false start check penalty.

See you on track!

Ok, nice! Will be in the lounge at least half an hour before.

Cu guys on track

Back