GTPC/XDGP Challenge Registration

• Thread starter Swift
  • 101 comments
Captain Trips
Hahaha. You really don't get it, do you? The main idea was that the only thing I want is that you drift race against me in an equal HP car. If you had agreed to this, I would have allowed you to set the parameters for the race. I would have allowed you to lighten the car, add stonger brakes, use whichever tires you wish, hell, install a turbo and modify the weight balance and ballast. I would have driven a stock Nissan Skyline R32. No mods. Sports Medium tires.

But instead of trying to see things my way you chose to take the offensive approach. Very well, YOU don't have to fight me. Anyone else want to battle me?

Captain Trips, your challenge MAKES NO SENSE.:boggled:

And DT knows this. Grip is always faster then drift for lap times. :dunce: She never said that it wasn't. But for some reason you kept harping on her about it. The response she gave you here:

DTC
1) Grip is always faster.
2) 2'16'525 was a drift comp run, time has no factor.
3) AWD against an FR on XLink in arcade mode. Considering I'd supposedly be drifting, that triples your advantage doesn't it?
4) You want to beat me at El Cap, then drift it like TankSpanker & I did. Otherwise don't throw ridiculous proposals at me, because it's a waste of both our time.
5) I don't back down from challenges from anyone, but I also don't fight hopeless battles. Think about what you're gonna say before you say it.

Should've clued you in that she understood that physics says that grip, especially AWD, is going to beat speed drifting when all things are equal. And all this BEFORE you even experience what GT4 over Xlink is like.
attachment.php

Trust me, things change on Xlink, it's not like a LAN battle with someone in the next room.

You can say whatever you like, but DTC had the intelligence to not fight an impossible battle. NK4E is doing it because he just likes challenges. But he UNDERSTANDS that unless you can't drive for anything, he's not going to win.

All the veterans here understand that grip driving is faster. That's not the point. We drift because it's FUN not because it's FAST. 💡

BTW, you will refrain from name calling on this forum.

Swift
Captain Trips, your challenge MAKES NO SENSE.:boggled:
And DT knows this. Grip is always faster then drift for lap times. :dunce: She never said that it wasn't. But for some reason you kept harping on her about it. The response she gave you here:
Should've clued you in that she understood that physics says that grip, especially AWD, is going to beat speed drifting when all things are equal. And all this BEFORE you even experience what GT4 over Xlink is like.
attachment.php

Trust me, things change on Xlink, it's not like a LAN battle with someone in the next room.
You can say whatever you like, but DTC had the intelligence to not fight an impossible battle. NK4E is doing it because he just likes challenges. But he UNDERSTANDS that unless you can't drive for anything, he's not going to win.
BTW, you will refrain from name calling on this forum.

Way to run in the 90's. We've finished talking about that.

thread_necromancer.png

Captain Trips
Way to run in the 90's. We've finished talking about that.

That's funny, considering you just replied 7 hours ago. Man, that's just OLD. :sly:

And you HAVEN'T finished talking about it since it looks like you and NK4E are about to do the very same challenge that you were trying to get DTC into. So that would make it pretty current, wouldn't you say?

I think you should quit running your mouth, and think about what you say before you say it again. First it's XLink and I can use a tuned car? You should think about that statement. Then I'd have to drift at a high enough speed to keep up with a nearly 300HP AWD runnning on Sport Mediums that's NOT drifting? Yeah you definately don't want to be spoon-fed a win. So run your mouth all you want about how I backed down from a crappy challenge...

i would try to reply with something to say, but this is just retarded. the challange is just retarded, but ill keep what i really think to myself.

Swift
That's funny, considering you just replied 7 hours ago. Man, that's just OLD. :sly:

And you HAVEN'T finished talking about it since it looks like you and NK4E are about to do the very same challenge that you were trying to get DTC into. So that would make it pretty current, wouldn't you say?

True, but you guys can yammer about extra tire pressure and techniques and tire sliding and the honor of your family and all those technical details until you get blue in the face, I'm talking about RACING. I'm not in this to prove anything, I'm not in this to finish anything. I just want to RACE. Hell, DT_C, don't use Xlink. Just send in a replay.

If you just want to RACE, why talk about it in the DRIFT forums?

Nothing against, just a simple question, hopefully with a simple answer.

Captain Trips
I want to race against Drifters.... :indiff:

That statement, taken at face value, is fundamentally flawed.

Drifting isn't about speed. Take out all the details and it's about fun and expression. Grip driving is focused on going as fast as you can.

Swift
That statement, taken at face value, is fundamentally flawed.

Drifting isn't about speed. Take out all the details and it's about fun and expression. Grip driving is focused on going as fast as you can.
how many more times will you guys have to pound this into his head before he realizes its 100% true. why wont he trust what we say, im not sure, but looks like we need to keep pounding.

Captain and NK4E, are we going to do this thing or not?

NK4E, send me a PM with the details. I'm giving one week for the deadline.

vtec513
tri i want a rematch with you

Though I think it a bit early for a rematch, at least I know you both will actually SUBMIT a vid!

If you guys want to do this, get a PM to Breaker or DTC so it can be run. I'm interested to see how it'll turn out.

Back