GTPDC Month 6 .:RESUTLS ARE IN:.

• Thread starter Sheron
  • 103 comments
Swift
After re-reading your post, it's unclear what you're asking. Also, if you're at work, why would you ask a specific question on a track that you're not that familiar with? Since it would obviously be very hard to determine what he meant until you got back home. Had you been at home and taken a look at it, you very well could have said, "Oh, I get it now! I wasn't looking for that before" But being at work, that's not very possible. Especially when you don't know the track that well.

The question I asked was in reference to the picture of the track he posted on Pg. 1. I should have been more specific and posted the picture of the track to make things clear when I said "that large part under motorland or the huge one next to the car??" I knew the start was somewhere on that side...just not where. Regardless, I asked a simple question, with an apology if it sounded stupid, and recieved a smart assed remark. So I let him know I appreciated it.:)
Water under the bridge..👍

Thanks BL. I'm hoping more people will enter the amateur class, and i learn to link the 2 corners after the esses by the deadline.

Well, I have 2 clean laps, none are quite as flashy as I want (some portions of the throw out laps are really nice, but quite risky and difficult to pull successfully for a clean lap). The entire course is linked (manji after the esses) except for the bit before the long left hand turn.

Oh, has anyone else drifted into the pits (and linked the turn inside the pits)?

Only 2 more days left to get entries in....

EDIT: I forgot to add (earlier) that I got a capture card for Christmas, so no more digital camcorder videos

I can do all the corners linked, i'm just having trouble fitting it all together and keeping a good angle.

EDIT: I think it'll be interesting to see everyones entries, and what cars they have picked. I've just done an OK lap, which will probably have to be my submission. Unfortunately I didn't link using maji after the esses which will probably loose me some points. Also as the cars are so light there is very little tyre smoke in my replay, sometimes none at all, even though the car was in full drift. GT needs to have some proper drift tyres which produce smoke like the drift tyres do in real life.

identti
I can do all the corners linked, i'm just having trouble fitting it all together and keeping a good angle.

EDIT: I think it'll be interesting to see everyones entries, and what cars they have picked. I've just done an OK lap, which will probably have to be my submission. Unfortunately I didn't link using maji after the esses which will probably loose me some points. Also as the cars are so light there is very little tyre smoke in my replay, sometimes none at all, even though the car was in full drift. GT needs to have some proper drift tyres which produce smoke like the drift tyres do in real life.

I just did a good lap, but I messed up the manji like you said, but everything else is better than my first two laps.
My opinion about the tire smoke: I think the points system for the smoke is relative, I don't think the judges will judge the smoke on these runs against say GTPDC4's runs.
Another thing: the camera angles for the outside shots are wierd on this course, I think a rear bumper view replay will be needed after the normal track view.

Lol one more:
ekmatt9 and Erocks13, please get an entry in, lol I don't want to be alone again (like GTPDC3).

Options>Race>Steering Display
Note: you can only do it if you are using a wheel

EDIT: I'm sticking with the replay I mentioned above, I will upload it soon

It's my 4th, but I've already put over 300 laps on the car (and my brain), so I'm going to take a pic for the DPC then just lay around all day. I've been drifting so much, I actually walk like I'm drifting in the house (I know, I need help).

Ha, i sometimes walk like that too - then i look around to see if anyone's seen me. I've done about 50 - 100 laps on this track in the car.

Im really psyched to see what everyones video looked like. How did you guys link that backside of this track. I got the manji after the esses but just ended up with two long drifts on the backside, I couldnt ever figure out how to those down togeather...
I didnt think the smoke was too light on this course, but I did notice the difference.
I think after getting pretty good (compared to what I started) that the rest of the courses will be alot easier, since I felt this course was too technical for me.

I am pulling out i can't do this part the way i want. :dunce:

turn0bl.png

That is probably the trickiest point. I've done it quite well a few times, but you have to get the entry angle and clipping point perfect. In my entry i did it ok.

DARKEST_HOUR
I am pulling out i can't do this part the way i want. :dunce:

turn0bl.png

Come on stay in, even if you don't get it.
There are only a few entries as it is, and I will most likely be the only Pro with a vid for this one.

Fairlady240zg
Im How did you guys link that backside of this track. I got the manji after the esses but just ended up with two long drifts on the backside, I couldnt ever figure out how to those down togeather...
If you mean this corner:
turn0bl.png

lol it's not easy. I got it about once in every 10 laps, really it's luck, entry speed/angle and throttle control. You will not drift very much through there (extremely low angle and speed), and there will NOT be any smoke, no matter how you slice it.

If you mean the double apex near the end (the really loooong corner), well you need speed, the correct entry angle, and the correct starting point.

I just finished making my vid, I will pm the link soon

Dont pull out. I get that link about one every 25 laps, and even then it's pretty poor. It's my first time in this comp, and i'm struggling more than you i'm sure.

^^ Good idea, but then I would've wasted all that time perfecting the first corner :(. I drifted all the way around it, and linked it into the esses. That took a lot of time to get right.

ForcedInduction
If there are only a few entires Sheron, have you thought about combining Pro and Am. division into one?

That's an option, but I hope people can submit their videos before deadline.

PM sent and video is uploaded. Not as good as I would have liked it to be. Didn't have a lot of time to spend on it this time. Oh well Good luck everyone. :)

Back