Katiegan

Wrenching Wench
Premium
United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Katiegan
KatieB53
GTPL event thread banner.png

Yes, you read the title right. The GTPL crew is getting a makeover for 2016, and will now be hosting frequent crew events! From yacht parties to heists, car meets to VIP work, these events will cover everything the world of GTA Online has to offer.

What's this all about?
The GTPL crew was created back in September 2013 so fellow GTPlanet members could kick back with players they could trust. Since then, a whole range of new content has been added, making the game very different to how it was back in the early days. We understand however that despite Rockstar giving us waves of new stuff to check out, the game can still run a little dry, and despite being in a crew, public sessions can still be a headache with random players. So, every once a while, official crew events will be held in invite only sessions for GTPL members to kick it back on the streets of San Andreas with each other in perfect harmony. Dependant on the nature of the event, of course.

What about the last-gen and current-gen gap?
Of course, since there's so many systems we can play GTA on these days, not everyone will be able to attend the same events. Only events held by reps will be classed as 'official' crew events, events held by other members will be unofficial. Below is a list of the system reps who will be hosting the official crew events for their designated system.

*Only Commissioners may become reps, unless none are available for a system. However all ranks can recommend event ideas.

PlayStation 4: @Katiegan, @Jahgee
PlayStation 3: @Snorevette
Xbox One: TBD
Xbox 360: TBD
PC: TBD

What type of events will there be?
The events held will be a mixture of casually cruising in freeroam and completing hectic jobs. Typically you'll be seeing car shows, heists, races and VIP work. Not everyone enjoys PvP, and not everyone enjoys passive playing, so we'll try to alternate the events to keep everyone happy. Of course, people are more than welcome to recommend their own ideas for events too.

What are the rules for events?
Different events will have different rules, but the general idea is to not purposefully kill members or destroy vehicles belonging to them. As always, we understand that accidents happen and any accidental killings will not be punished. Griefing other members on purpose will earn you a ban from official crew events, either temporarily or permanently depending on the severity of the situation. Temporarily banned members will simply be demoted, permanently banned members will be kicked from the crew. Members are also required to set the GTPL crew as their main crew during these events.

Who can attend these events?
Any registered member of the GTPL crew can attend, regardless of rank. If you are not yet a member, you can register using the application form in the crew thread. Make sure you read all of the crew rules too!

What events are planned currently?
Below is the list of events planned currently, the type of event, what time it will be held and what system it will be held on.

CURRENT PLANNED EVENTS

PlayStation 4

Host: @Katiegan
Event: Race Playlist
Date/Time: Saturday January 30th @ 7pm GMT
Details: Click Here

PlayStation 3

None

Xbox One

None

Xbox 360

None

PC

None​

Last edited:
I'm interested as I have no racing on PS3 that day to clash with this.

PS4.

I've been wanting to have a car show for ages!

Sad part is, I'm slated for the GTA Top Gear session at literally the exact same time. :(

I am disappoint.

I'll try and stop ib if time permits.

I've been wanting to have a car show for ages!
Sad part is, I'm slated for the GTA Top Gear session at literally the exact same time. :(
I am disappoint.
I'll try and stop ib if time permits.

@250 GTO

i saw it too that both events are at same time
but if we do both events in the same crew lobby the top gear contestants can take a break and look at the cars and the show peepz can come take a look at our shenanigans :)

@250 GTO

i saw it too that both events are at same time
but if we do both events in the same crew lobby the top gear contestants can take a break and look at the cars and the show peepz can come take a look at our shenanigans :)

Im in, although I do have the GTP TG season 2 event at 6pm GMT:tup:

@250 GTO @e rikkie

If it's possible, I'm okay with combining the two events. Since I would like to be a part of this aswell.

This starts at 8pm GMT and the TG event starts at 6pm GMT. Will the TG event take 2 hours - we could do both no?

This starts at 8pm GMT and the TG event starts at 6pm GMT. Will the TG event take 2 hours - we could do both no?

The thing is, I don't really know how long it will take, I can't pretest it the same way this time, since it's in freemode. Plus some of the events aren't really races, but alternative trials, that may require a little more time, since they are turn based.

But we could move the time of the TG event to 5 pm GMT. If everyone is okay with it. I'll make a post when I get home from work.

Well, it is about time for me to get involved with crew events (heck, organised GTAO stuff in general), and a car show is not really a bad place to start. It's even on the right console and at a not-ridiculous time.

I can't commit to making any events, but if you need help with locations, setup, and finding fun/unique things to do or places to hang out let me know as I am intimately familiar with the map. I've done one or two of these in the past. ;)

Back