GTPlanet Fantasy Football League '08 - WEEK 14 It's Playoff Time!

• Thread starter FoolKiller
  • 346 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! There is always next year with Detroit :lol:.
I have been saying that in baseball with the Cincinnati Reds since the mid 90's.

Seriously though, I think Detroit will come around in the next 5 years or so as long as they don't make any horrible player choices.

There are a few exceptions though, like Detroit.

Lol! I was going to mention Detroit.

Anyway, prime examples of your post would be the Cardinals, Titans, and Ravens. Cards went from complete ass to doing well. Titans made the superbowl, then turned to ass, and now are undefeated. And the Ravens won the superbowl, went to ass, and are just beginning to come out of assness.

Lol! I was going to mention Detroit.

Anyway, prime examples of your post would be the Cardinals, Titans, and Ravens. Cards went from complete ass to doing well. Titans made the superbowl, then turned to ass, and now are undefeated. And the Ravens won the superbowl, went to ass, and are just beginning to come out of assness.
Since you mentioned the Titans at the Super Bowl, you can't forget the Rams winning that Super Bowl, then losing two years later to the Patriots, then becoming mediocre, and now sucking.

In the salary cap era, with free agents commanding huge dollars, teams have a difficult time keeping their core together. This is why we see peaks and valleys in a team's performance. Right now teams like the titans are cresting their wave while others such as the patriots are dipping into a valley.

Detroit and Arizona just had terrible management.

In the salary cap era, with free agents commanding huge dollars, teams have a difficult time keeping their core together. This is why we see peaks and valleys in a team's performance. Right now teams like the titans are cresting their wave while others such as the patriots are dipping into a valley.
They also use profit sharing in the NFL to prevent situations like the Yankees, where one team with a rich owner can just pump money out and claim as much talent as possible.

On paper it looks like a good match up vs. the Wickys. Lets see how we can shoot ourselves in the foot this week.

Indeed...Let's hope LT contiues his crappy showing this season. Even if I do have him on one of my other teams. I'd rather win this game then that one.

So here it is the Week 7 wrap up.

Knocked Out Edition
fan1cfdea012851_myspace.gif

The Happy Monks - 35.48
The Wildcats - 63.72

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Seriously, there is nothing to see here.

Would you go home?

Fine! It looks like the monks had a bad draught draft strategy and while having a kicker wouldn't have helped a lack of a defense didn't do them any favors either. Maybe next year he will not partake of a cold brew while drafting and pay attention to the bye schedule PROVIDED BY YAHOO DURING THE DRAFT!!! Then again, they wouldn't be the monks without a good beer on hand. But in what is a very scary turn of events The Wildcats have LT, yet their kicker got more points. The amazing statistic is that despite the Monks having a horrid season a playoff bid is still not completely out of their reach. Only two teams have more than four wins at this point.

Team Infrared - 95.36
Shovel Bums - 82.66

The Butt Spades putt up a very good score and should have won this game, but their IR counterpart just wouldn't let it go. No, the took Steven Jackson and gave him a HUGE door to run through and tear up the field with 35.60 points. Sorry, Bums, butt this is just not the week to be playing against Steven Jackson. Any team with Peyton Manning in any other season would be winning. Stat note: Steven Jackson could have beat The Happy Monks single-handedly.

The Babies - 94.88
Centurion Eagles - 80.92

Infants have no care for endangered species. They will kill them without a seconds thought. The scary thing is that our resident birds of prey got 25 points from Adrian Peterson alone, only to have the ankle-biters get 22 points from Chicago's defense. Double-digit scores were flying all over the place and eventually The Babies just had more of them.

Mighty Turduckens - 63.20
Mud Dogs - 46.84

The strong poultry trio really did not do anything that great this game but the dirty dawgs were asleep at the wheel and left two important offensive positions on vacation. I predict that had those positions been filled this would have been a much closer game, and it is a shame as I would have loved to see if the Mud Dogs could answer those 16 points from Jake Delhomme.

So, now the standings are.....huh? I forgot something? Oh yes.

lg%20fallen%20giant.jpg

The Wicky Radsters - 58.52
The Stiff-arms - 97.54

Just a few points of note here: Calvin Johnson - 23.20, Clinton Portis - 22.30, Chris Johnson - 23.20. This alone was enough to drop the Radsters after they put up a wickedly ugly performance. Is it Halloween yet, because that was scary. But the Stiff-arms were not done barreling through these defenders yet, oh no. They decided to give Aaron Rodgers 12.24 points just to ice the cake a little. I mean, when you take down a giant you have to kick them in the teeth at least a few times, right? The Radsters tried, but 15 points from Barber and and 10 points from Rivers was really all they had. Now they only retain an overall lead by points, but the Turduckens may have something to say about that over the next couple of weeks.

Now, the standings for this week are:

Rank - Team - W-L-T - Pts
1 - The Wicky Radsters - 6-1-0 - 610.36
2 - Mighty Turduckens - 6-1-0 - 551.86
3 - Team Infrared - 4-3-0 - 585.48
4 - The Wildcats - 4-3-0 - 517.58
5 - The Stiff-arms - 4-3-0 - 581.70
6 - Centurion Eagles - 3-4-0 - 508.36
7 - Mud Dogs - 3-4-0 - 508.36
8 - The Babies - 3-4-0 - 507.56
9 - The Happy Monks - 3-4-0 - 457.64
10 - Shovel Bums - 0-7-0 - 459.94

And next weeks games will be:

The Happy Monks
Mighty Turduckens

The Wicky Radsters
The Wildcats

Team Infrared
The Stiff-arms

The Babies
Shovel Bums

Centurion Eagles
Mud Dogs

Next Week:

The Happy Monks commemorate flushing their season down the toilet with a new mascot.
1364402585_b407d198aa.jpg

Funny that you pick a Bronco gif. After Monday nights game it's nice to see what a good hit used to look like.

I have this bad feeling that I am gonna go down this week again.

Your production value again makes my day!

Funny that you pick a Bronco gif. After Monday nights game it's nice to see what a good hit used to look like.
I was actually searching for a funny football picture and that came up, so I went with it.

I have this bad feeling that I am gonna go down this week again.
That's what she said.

Your production value again makes my day!
Once again your avatar does the same for me. .

Looks like you'll have to wait til next week for your first win, Joey.

Actually, Peyton Manning could get you a win, but he'll need a huge game against a good defense.

Last edited:
TO has dropped the ball the last three weeks for me with these awsome scores.

Not that he is my only problem but I still expect more from the man.

HOLY SCHMIDT!

I didn't see that I had Reggie Wayne starting tonight! if he lives up to the projected score, I could break 100pts.!

Good turnaround from the last two weeks.

HOLY SCHMIDT!

I didn't see that I had Reggie Wayne starting tonight! if he lives up to the projected score, I could break 100pts.!

Good turnaround from the last two weeks.
Uh-oh, do I smell the giant also falling off of his lofty pedestal?

Uh-oh, do I smell the giant also falling off of his lofty pedestal?

If your intention was to quote me Mr. Killer then no you don't. That smell is the heaping pile of poo you could call your FFL team this season.

The best you could hope for is beating me in bowling…oh wait…

Last edited:
If your intention was to quote me Mr. Killer then no you don't. That smell is the heaping pile of poo you could call your FFL team this season.
Oops, forgot to flush the mascot. Be right back.

The best you could hope for is beating my in bowling…oh wait…
The challenge has been thrown. Just wait until I bring the PAIN.

I stand a good chance of losing my third in a row thugbear. This week everyone should be in my corner against Dan. A win for him is not good for the rest of us. A two game lead going in to the thanksgiving season would be very hard to overcome. You know the bird man will be in his prime down the stretch.

I stand a good chance of losing my third in a row thugbear. This week everyone should be in my corner against Dan. A win for him is not good for the rest of us. A two game lead going in to the thanksgiving season would be very hard to overcome. You know the bird man will be in his prime down the stretch.

I got two words for ya....

Play offs

A two game lead means squat.

No time for a witty write-up this week so I will just get the scores posted before my wife drags me to some tour of the supposedly haunted buildings in Frankfort. It sounds like the same historic building tour I've done numerous times, just focusing on the people who died their and the ghosts of them that people supposedly see.

On with the week in review.

Scores this week:

The Happy Monks 48.30
Mighty Turduckens 89.42

The Wicky Radsters 76.54
The Wildcats 84.32

Team Infrared 85.32
The Stiff-arms 85.74

The Babies 87.90
Shovel Bums 75.62

Centurion Eagles 94.16
Mud Dogs 75.46

And the current standings:

Rank - Team - W-L-T - Pts
1 - Mighty Turduckens - 7-1-0 - 641.28
2 - The Wicky Radsters - 6-2-0 - 686.90
3 - The Wildcats - 5-3-0 - 601.90
4 - Team Infrared - 4-4-0 - 670.80
5 - The Stiff-arms - 4-4-0 - 667.44
6 - Centurion Eagles - 4-4-0 - 658.34
7 - The Babies - 4-4-0 - 595.46
8 - Mud Dogs - 3-5-0 - 583.82
9 - The Happy Monks - 3-5-0 - 505.94
10 - Shovel Bums - 0-8-0 - 535.56

FallingPedestal.jpg

And next week's matchups:

The Happy Monks
Mud Dogs

The Wicky Radsters
Mighty Turduckens

Team Infrared
The Wildcats

The Babies
The Stiff-arms

Centurion Eagles
Shovel Bums

Well that took long enough, at least my record is better then the Lions...I suppose it could be worse.

This week's write-up:
funny_1558.jpg

Here are the scores:

The Happy Monks - 65.64
Mud Dogs - 66.90

The friars of fun were not hung over this week, but still lost it. The dirty puppies had three guys taking the week off, but the guys still playing put up just enough to beat out the drunk monks. The score was separated by only 1.26 points and so if Heath Miller had actually done anything it would have saved the jolly priests.

1458684272_fbf8a4b874.jpg

The Wicky Radsters - 63.50
Mighty Turduckens - 51.64

Two giants meet on a battlefield. One is wickedly mad after falling off of his beanstalk. The other is proudly taking claim of that beanstalk. Never underestimate the power of a down and out giant who has just been kicked. At first glance this should have been taken by the Turduckens as they ran with it like the headless game birds they are. But they underperformed across the board. The Radsters didn't do anything wicked themselves, but they did just a tiny bit more and came away with a win, and once again, a first place in the leaderboards.

Team Infrared - 55.16
The Wildcats - 41.52

So, Team Infrared put Donovan McNabb up and McNabb answered the call with 20 points. With almost no one else scoring double-digits there was not a lot of excitement here. The wild kitties limped home to lick their wounds while Team Infrared took a win.

The Babies - 59.36
The Stiff-arms - 95.38

Wow, the arthritic arms had double-digits in all but two spots and only one of those, Greg Olsen, was a small score. On the other side of the scorecard is the cry babies. They had to be crying as Steve Slaton was the only player to put up a decent score. He only had a little bit of help as Chicago's D pulled in 10 points.

stills_EricaCinderellaStory1fx.JPG

I have no clue what this has to do with football, but it popped up in Google when I searched for "Cinderella Story" and I felt compelled to post it.
Centurion Eagles - 85.18
Shovel Bums - 92.08

It looks like the archaeologists (yes, I know what Shovel Bums actually refers to) found a win! Peyton Manning and Pittsburgh D actually put up numbers like they should. Although I am curious how every Houston player that was played this week managed good scores. Anyway, the Shovel Bums took a commanding victory from a Centurion Eagles team that had a score to win any other game this week. Even Adrian Peterson couldn't run past the excavation site of pure win.

Congratulations to the Shovel Bums for overcoming what was looking to be a seriously ugly streak of bad luck.

Current standings:
Look at my new level of laziness
ffl9bd8.jpg

And the match ups for next week:
And again!!!
ffl10vr4.jpg

Hurm, it looks as if the Happy Monks will have to drop a Holy Hand Grenade on The Wicky Radsters.

This just in: Grape flavored Toostie Pops taste great, until you get to the Tootsie Roll center.

Nice of TwinTurbos94(Eagles) to leave Cutler on the bench this week. :lol: That worked out real well last night.

Marshall has me off to a great start to retain my rightful place at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back