GTPlanet Fantasy Football League '08 - WEEK 14 It's Playoff Time!

• Thread starter FoolKiller
  • 346 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know.....

I didnt have time to make the change. My computer froze before I could do it.

I hate my computer. I saw it coming.He was gonna have a big game

I'm going to have to win out with some pretty high scores in order to make it into the playoffs. I'm currently on a 5 game win streak after starting 1-3 in my money league, on a climb from 9th to 3rd place, If I win this week, I will clinch a playoff spot there. I'm starting to get excited about the $300 + dollar pot in that league.

Picked up Flacco here after Schaub went out, and he seems to be filling in well as a temporary replacement so far. Here's hoping Randy Moss keeps up his recent trend of good games too.

DAYUM....It looks like I missed a lot of action yesterday. I was busy watching Madagascar 2 in some IMAX glory while my team here was killin.

....well, I'm not so mad I didn't sit Eli. We killed this week. I can't believe I'm still .500

Wait! I have two players playing today! All they need is combined 45.65 points! Go Cardinals Go!

On a related note, Braylon Edwards... You suck! and Chris Johnson.. I am not pleased.

It's been a good year all around for me. In my three leagues I am 22-8. Too bad none of them have money on the line. :grumpy:

So, here's the deal guys. Yesterday was a rather crappy day, so I am tired and not feeling great or creative today, so I am just posting last week's stats.

I can spare a moment for a fun picture though.
LovieUrlacher.jpg

Tha Happy Monks - 48.78
The Wicky Radsters - 124.84

depression.jpg

Team Infrared - 63.36
Mighty Turduckens - 56.98

573-turducken.jpg

The Babies - 69.90
The Wildcats - 77.82

FF_118368_l.jpg

Yes, it is real. I have seen them in stores. We take basketball serious around these parts.

Centurion Eagles - 105.74
The Stiff-arms - 90.22

Stiff%20arm.jpg

Shovel Bums - 53.00
Mud Dogs - 83.58

MudDogs-wht.jpg

And the standings this week:
ffl10za5.jpg

The matchups next week are as follows:

The Happy Monks
Team Infrared

The Wicky Radsters
Mud Dogs

The Babies
Mighty Turduckens

Centurion Eagles
The Wildcats

Shovel Bums
The Stiff-arms

Ok, so it turned out to be an illustrated review.

Since that went over so well I may do more like that. It is a lot quicker and easier.

OK, so I just lazied my way through last week. I am not even sure what I did that prevented me from doing an update.

But here is this week's review.

3-stooges-football.jpg

The Happy Monks - 69.66

The Babies - 90.10

In my other league I am in third place, I swear.

thigpen
tyler_thigpen.jpg
pigpen.gif
pigpen

Yeah, so a QB I barely recognize handed me my butt.

The Wicky Radsters - 107.62
Team Infrared - 78.74

We have discovered the secret identity of The Wicky Radsters' new coach.
dominationlr8.jpg

Centurion Eagles - 52.36
Mighty Turduckens - 83.60

Um, Happy Thanksgiving?
turducken.jpg

The Wildcats - 69.44

Shovel Bums - 81.40

main.php

The Stiff-arms - 109.62
Mud Dogs - 76.62

tate-stiff-arm.JPG

The standings (* = cinched a playoff bid):
ffl12qb1.jpg

With the exception of Joey and myself this is still anyone's league to win.

Here are the games for next week.

ffl12pl2.jpg

And remember guys, next week is the last week before playoffs. Some people are going to be playing spoiler.

Have a good Thanksgiving guys, and don't forget we have two daytime games and a night game tomorrow.
799-thanksgiving-cartoon.gif

Wow the Colts and Payton didn't do so hot this weekend. Unless Houston has a stellar game tonight I think this one is over. At least I was able to win 3 games this season, which is better then the Lions.

I guess I spoke to soon, Monday night was good to me. Be interesting to see the playoffs since I'm out and everything. Oh well, despite being bad I still didn't come in last place.

Wow, denied my playoff bye by 0.16 points. That's almost like having your college football team denied the national championship by 1 vote out of 1600. Oh wait, that happened to me last week too!

Wow, denied my playoff bye by 0.16 points. That's almost like having your college football team denied the national championship by 1 vote out of 1600. Oh wait, that happened to me last week too!
Which team was that? Sorry, I rarely pay attention to college teams outside Kentucky's division. I don't even know what's going on with the SEC West division, well outside of Alabama.

It is probably for the best as they would likely get trampled on by Florida.

Which team was that?

The best team in college football this year - the Texas Longhorns. I've watched a lot of Texas football and this team is the best one I've ever seen us have - better than the Vince Young team that took down the "best-ever-nobody-could-ever-be-as-good-as-them USC Trojans" with their two Heisman winners and dreamy head coach.

We got voted (narrowly) out of the Big-12 championship and sidelined from the national championship - despite beating both of the teams playing for the Big-12 title.

Weak.

And the final regular season write up. - music video intro special Friday (yes, I know one game has already been played) edition.

Happy Monks - 77.18
Centurion Eagles - 61.00

10.JPG

I chose wrong, but I went out with a win.

The Wicky Radsters - 81.84
The Babies - 80.28

sp_my_mom_thinks.jpg

Team Infrared - 116.34
Mud Dogs - 92.74

Infrared_dog-cropped.jpg

Shovel Bums - 74.90
Mighty Turduckens - 74.74

WHOA!!! Joey, spoiling the bye bid.
this_close_man.jpg

Sorry, Dan. At least you made the playoffs.

The Stiff-arms - 86.60
The Wildcats - 59.38

143236UAcy_w.jpg

And the final regular season standings:
ffl13ra7.jpg

And the playoff bracket:
fflbracketdv3.jpg

Missed the playoffs by about a point in this league.

Anyway, huge matchup in my money league this week, my opponent and I are both right on the bubble for locking up playoff spots.

Anyway two lineup questions

Mcnabb vs. the Giants, or Tyler Thigpen vs. the Broncos...I'm leaning towards Mcnabb, but I'm not sure.

Also, Maurice Jones Drew vs. the Bears or Lendale White vs. the Browns

Last edited:
...and just like that I'm done, and it's all my fault.

For the last two weeks Westbrook has had some iffy matchups and iffy health. I opted for my solid backs with Frank Gore and Michael Turner instead. What happened?

I left 40 points on my bench one week, 32 the next. It cost me my bye week (by 0.16 points) and then subsequently cost me the first round victory.

Totally, 100% my fault. My bad Westy, I won't doubt you again.

It's a good thing that I didn't play anyone this week. I had no idea that Barber wasn't going to play. Thankfully I have Jones-Drew on the bench to take up the slack for my round one.

If only I had played Baltimore's defense instead of Minnesota's (but they were against Detroit!). that's a 13 point difference...

It's a good thing that I didn't play anyone this week. I had no idea that Barber wasn't going to play. Thankfully I have Jones-Drew on the bench to take up the slack for my round one.
Your avatar suddenly has me in a very Christmasy mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back