GTPlanet Fantasy Football League - FoolKiller Wins!!!!

• Thread starter FoolKiller
  • 355 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it looks like we will only have five or six teams we wil have the bonus of plenty of good players to go around. Last year we had 12 teams and a 10 man bench so during the last rounds it became, "well his name sounds good so I will take him. Who's he play for again?" It's rough when you are selecting between guys with a 50.2 or 50.1 rating.

Thanks for the help. That's the kind of advice I was looking for. I was also thinking with as few teams as we have there will be some stacked teams for sure. Lots of high scoring matches in this season to come.

I didn't check on yahoo but how many rounds will there be in the draft?

I didn't check on yahoo but how many rounds will there be in the draft?
One for each position + six bench players.

So, if I count correctly, 15.

15 * 6 = 90 total players, counting defense as one player.

Well, I wasn't settled on a date yet, it just required me to pick one in order to set up the league. We can discuss the best date/time for everyone.

Anyone that can't make it, if you set up your list in order of preference on Yahoo! it will automatically go through and select the next available person when your team comes up.

I cant make it on the 18th-20th this month cause of a family reunion.

I also can't make it on the 25th-26th. That's the only time I'll be out. Any other time is alright.

I cant make it on the 18th-20th this month cause of a family reunion.

I also can't make it on the 25th-26th. That's the only time I'll be out. Any other time is alright.
Well, I am busy every Monday due to puppy obedience classes, but I should be free otherwise.

I will join the league and my team name is The STDs.

Why are you a 49er hater JFM? The Niners are a great team!

I am open for the most part after this week. This week is my last week of work before school starts back up and once it starts back up, my schedule should be a little more flexible.

Let's see if everyone can give what dates would be best, or if someone has a good date/time list it and we can go from there. I am trying to avoid weeknights as the time zone differences can wreak havoc with work/school/sleep.

Noted.

So, what happened to Zrow?

After this week, my schedule opens up a whole lot more that it is right now. If it were to be done this week, other than Friday, it would have to be at or after 18:00 (Central Time Zone). Friday, I get off of work at 11:00, but will probably not get home until later; though we will see on that, as my plans are not for certain at the moment for Friday.

I have absolutely nothing I have to do next week, no work or school, just doing whatever the heck I feel like doing (and is it ever going to be great!!!).

After that, school starts back up and my schedule for classes looks like this:
  • Monday - I am in class from 13:30 to 16:15, so I would be available after about 17:00 and before about 12:30.
  • Tuesday - I am free for the rest of the day after 13:00.
  • Wednesday - See Monday.
  • Thursday - Would have to be done after about 18:00.
  • Friday - Any time after about 15:15 would be good.
My weekends should be free for the most part once school starts and just about any time during I would be able to do. If the draft date needs to be moved back to September, then you can all but rule out September 1 for me, as I will be at the OU football game; though I could probably do a draft that morning, as it is a night game.

All of the above times are Central Time!!!

I'm obligated on weekdays until 5pm Pacific time at the earliest. Though I'm free all day on the 17th.

Why are you a 49er hater JFM? The Niners are a great team!

I am open for the most part after this week. This week is my last week of work before school starts back up and once it starts back up, my schedule should be a little more flexible.
I'm a Rams fan like Foolkiller.

I'd like August 17th. I'm pretty sure i'm free the whole day before my family reunion the next day.

Company golf tournament for me on the 17th. 👍 If I can't be there then I will figure out how to do the prepick drafting that yahoo has.

Company golf tournament for me on the 17th. 👍 If I can't be there then I will figure out how to do the prepick drafting that yahoo has.
What time? I have to work, as I am sure most everyone else not in school does, so it may not be too far fetched to do it in the evening.

The evening of the 17th might work for me. 8:00 pm mountain time or later would give me some breathing room to get home.

Hey FoolKiller, are you wanting more people to join in on this? I only ask because my dad would probably be willing to participate if you were to want more people.

And sorry for the double post, but I changed my team name to SuperBad. Sorry for being a pain in the butt.

Hey FoolKiller, are you wanting more people to join in on this? I only ask because my dad would probably be willing to participate if you were to want more people.
I was just going to keep it to GTP members so we coudl fully smack talk in here. Plus, I am sure that if I opened it up to others we would have plenty of volunteers. But with six teams it will be enough.

It has to be on a friday,I have school and Drillteam practice between Mon.-thurs. afternoon.
No Saturday or Sunday?

I was just going to keep it to GTP members so we coudl fully smack talk in here. Plus, I am sure that if I opened it up to others we would have plenty of volunteers. But with six teams it will be enough.

Alright, just thought I would ask. 👍

Those are the days I'm most likely to be working in the yard with my dad.
You must not be suffering the 100+ degree temperatures I am. I believe the meteorologist on the radio worded it something along the lines of, "DON'T GO OUTSIDE UNLESS NECESSARY!!!"

Are we on for this friday? Is so...what time?
Good question. Well, it seems, so far that no one has complained about Friday. As you said, you need it to be after 8:00 pm MT, which puts it at 10 pm ET and 7 PM PT. Is anyone in central? Just in case: That would be 9 pm CT.

Is the timing fine for everyone? It is kind of late for teh east coast and may be close to cutting into work time on the west coast, but ifeveryone thinks that they can make the time fine then it will be a go as far as I am concerned.

The only other options I can think of would be the 31st, 1st, or 2nd.

My local draft is on the 24th, so in case that comes back up, it is now out for me.

Is it too late to back out? I don't want to mess anything up, but I don't think I'm gonna really have time to do this well.

Is it too late to back out? I don't want to mess anything up, but I don't think I'm gonna really have time to do this well.

:) Yes, it's totally too late to back out. Sorry, you're just going to have to stick it out.

Well, you haven't officially signed up yet, so you won't really screw anything up.

And, despite Danoff, we are all about free will around here.

I am offically in for 8 pm MT.

It will be cutting it close for me. Our tee time is at noon, and these type of events could take up to 5 hours with these hacks on the track. That would give me about an 2 hours to get back home through Denver traffic which might be a challange on a friday night? :scared:

Please confirm for draft.

OK, no one has disagreed with doing the draft tomorrow, August 17th at 10pm ET/7pm PT so I have set that up. Be sure to sign on early as Yahoo! starts drafting immediately, plus the draft order is randomly selected 30 minutes before we begin.

Also, you may want to sign on and test your Pc to make sure it will work for you. If not let us know and we can work something else out. If worse comes to worse we can always just set it up for an offline draft and then do the draft on here.

Zrow, I have removed you from the front page. Sorry you couldn't do it. Maybe next year.

I have changed my team name to the same as it is in my other league. I am now Delicious Species.

Will it be all or nothing for tomorrow? If some can't make it will we reschedule it, or do they just have to pick whats left after we get done?

Will it be all or nothing for tomorrow? If some can't make it will we reschedule it, or do they just have to pick whats left after we get done?
If it doesn't work for someone we can discuss another date, and if we can't find anything then we either just make it draft automatically based on our list or we can set it up for an offline draft and just do it in here over a few days time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back