GTPlanet Fantasy Football League - FoolKiller Wins!!!!

• Thread starter FoolKiller
  • 355 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you get the joke! Don't let anyone ever tell you your not sharp as a tac.
Oh, I got the joke, I just felt a little trash talk was deserved in response.

Must sell quickly!!! Bargain prices!! Any offer will be accepted! This week only!*

*while supplies last

Anyone want to take Shaun Alexander off my hands? Seriously! Name your price.

Must sell quickly!!! Bargain prices!! Any offer will be accepted! This week only!*

*while supplies last

The only thing I have that I might be worth parting with is Mcnabb. I just can't trust that guy to ever put him back in the starting line up.

Alexander might make a good back up if an injury takes one of my RB's out.(Ronnie Brown anyone).

Point for point sadly Mcnabb has better point value so I'm just not sure I'd be getting my monies worth.

The only thing I have that I might be worth parting with is Mcnabb. I just can't trust that guy to ever put him back in the starting line up.

Alexander might make a good back up if an injury takes one of my RB's out.(Ronnie Brown anyone).

Point for point sadly Mcnabb has better point value so I'm just not sure I'd be getting my monies worth.

I'll take anyone on your team - even your backup kicker (which you don't need). I can't drop him and I need the roster space - but only for this week. If I have to hold him to next week I won't need the space anymore.

Hey FK...Do we want to help out the league leader possibly get stronger by letting him dump SA in a trade. Should we let that spot rot and take up wasted space?

Oh woe is Dan Dan...what should we do?

Hey FK...Do we want to help out the league leader possibly get stronger by letting him dump SA in a trade. Should we let that spot rot and take up wasted space?

Oh woe is Dan Dan...what should we do?

Hey, man, it's up to you whether you want him. If you don't want him, don't offer a trade. Definitely don't do it for me. This is an opportunity to cash in on my bye week misfortunes. I'd just as soon keep alexander on my roster and see how he develops.

Hey, man, it's up to you whether you want him. If you don't want him, don't offer a trade. Definitely don't do it for me. This is an opportunity to cash in on my bye week misfortunes. I'd just as soon keep alexander on my roster and see how he develops.

Well then I'll just take my chances. I defiantly don't need a RB at the moment. I can't really find any other reason to add him to my roster. Sorry I can't help you out.

[/not really]
hammerjf1.gif

Well then I'll just take my chances. I defiantly don't need a RB at the moment. I can't really find any other reason to add him to my roster. Sorry I can't help you out.

[/not really]
hammerjf1.gif

Ok, your loss. Alexander for a backup kicker is a ridiculous trade, especially given that he's up against Cleveland.

Ok, your loss. Alexander for a backup kicker is a ridiculous trade, especially given that he's up against Cleveland.

It might be a good trade for somebody. I am more interested in what you have up your sleeve in getting rid of such a player. We should be concerned with your jockeying for position.

I'm getting cold feet (checked Alexander's schedule down the road).
Well, you have until then end of my work day tonight (5:00 EST Wednesday) to make up your mind because I am sitting on a waiver for tomorrow and if you aren't going to take this trade I would rather drop Glenn for that player.

Hey, UnoMOTO, this is a pretty platter. It compliments my ass quite well.

Of course, you didn't have to hand it too me so rough.

Hey, UnoMOTO, this is a pretty platter. It compliments my ass quite well.

Of course, you didn't have to hand it too me so rough.

For the playoffs I will be prepared.

jnjkyjelly300zb5.jpg

Flashback Time....

Date line 18 Aug 2007 13:31:52 -0700

This trade has been proposed to you in GTPlanet FFL (296250).

Centurion Eagles wicky wicky radsters
Thomas Jones [ View Trade ] Adrian Peterson

Comments from Centurion Eagles:
Thomas JOnes has plenty of potentail......

UnoMOTO rejects this trade offer due to Peterson's rookie status. He would like to see how the rookie does before letting him go.

Uno's SuperGenius move pays off in a big way.

Talking about yourself in the third person FTW.

Looks like I saved FK the mistake of trading Terry Glen for Shaun Alexander. Bet you're glad you dodged that bullet eh?

And the results are in:

wicky wicky radsters 174
Delicious Species 112

The Species took a beating at the hands of the Comeback Radsters. The Species didn't have Marvin Harrison putting up any points due to an injury, but his other WRs weren't playing either, so it was his best hope. The Radsters just threw points on the board left and right.

JFM = 49er hater 81
Centurion Eagles 88

This was a close match and even though the Haters put points on the board across their roster the Eagles couldn't be stopped with Brady, Jennnings and Bush all putting up 20+ points.

SuperBad 100
The Chefs 66

As the Colts go down so go the culinary experts. Westbrook and Brees threw up points like nobody's business and the Chefs had nearly every player underperform. I smell what the Chefs are cooking and it doesn't smell good this week.

And the rankings:
Rank - Team - record - total points
1. The Chefs - 6-3-0 - 891
2. Delicious Species - 5-4-0 - 835
3. wicky wicky radsters - 4-4-1 - 958
4. SuperBad - 4-4-1 - 775
5. Centurion Eagles - 4-5-0 - 839
6. JFM = 49er hater - 3-6-0 - 716

The Radsters have an opportunity to take second place next week, but the Species won't be quick to let that go. And the Radsters also took back their highest points standing. This is turning out to be a true fantasy Cinderella story.

With fours spots in the playoffs the question becomes which of the three remaining teams will get the coveted fourth spot. That isn't to say the third spot isn't wide open either. A loss for The Radsters will spell trouble for their playoff bid. The momentum is just in their favor too much for safe money to say that the Radsters won't make it. This championship is still up for grabs for anyone who shows up every week.

The Radsters have an opportunity to take second place next week, but the Species won't be quick to let that go. And the Radsters also took back their highest points standing. This is turning out to be a true fantasy Cinderella story.

Looking at my opponent next week I see that the C.Eagles have Brady on the bye. THANK GOODNESS! Although I see Favre on the bench and ready to leave his mark for the Eagles.

After watching what Pittsburg did last night I'm not sure how D.Anderson will fair up against the new Steel Curtin. I don't think that the other Manning will have it any better against Dallas. I also don't like my starting QB go up against my DEF. That doesn't seem like a winning combination.

With fours spots in the playoffs the question becomes which of the three remaining teams will get the coveted fourth spot. That isn't to say the third spot isn't wide open either. A loss for The Radsters will spell trouble for their playoff bid. The momentum is just in their favor too much for safe money to say that the Radsters won't make it. This championship is still up for grabs for anyone who shows up every week.

We do have a nice log jamb for that third and forth spot. One of us is going to be sent home for the off season thinking just one move or another might have made the difference. Lucky for me that I have the tie breaker with SuperBad because of points.

One other thing I've noticed, was there an option to include kickoff and punt return yards when you set the league up FK? Just this week alone Welker had +60 yards in returns and Peterson also returns punts.

As the Colts go down so go the culinary experts.

That's more true than you know. Most of my fantasy teams are tied to the Colts - which is not a bad deal until they face a really tough team and struggle across the board. Still, I'll take the trade. And WTF happened to Gates??

I should be back on track this week though. ;)

The league is quite close at this point. A couple of losses from me has gone a long way to squeeze the results back together. Hopefully there won't be any more of those coming.

The radsters are on a tear. They're starting to become seriously dangerous.

One other thing I've noticed, was there an option to include kickoff and punt return yards when you set the league up FK? Just this week alone Welker had +60 yards in returns and Peterson also returns punts.
If I had been thinking I would have made it Def/Sp Teams, but I wasn't so I didn't. Seeing the San Diego return I now wish I had.

The radsters are on a tear. They're starting to become seriously dangerous.
Watch out
bluegrab1oj9.gif
or the Wicky Wicky will get you!

If I had been thinking I would have made it Def/Sp Teams, but I wasn't so I didn't. Seeing the San Diego return I now wish I had.
I'm still new at this but I don't know how much scoring is too much. I didn't get in my office league but they only score for TD's and that seems quite unfair and boring. For example a QB could have 400 yards but hand off the ball in the red zone and never get a single point.

I'm still new at this but I don't know how much scoring is too much. I didn't get in my office league but they only score for TD's and that seems quite unfair and boring. For example a QB could have 400 yards but hand off the ball in the red zone and never get a single point.

I've known of a few leagues that have done that and it makes the outcome very random - almost completely eliminates skill. I think the more scoring that goes on, the more skill is involved actually. I'm in one league right now that has points for just about everything (not receptions yet though). Some of the scores have gotten up close to 200 points for a single week, and I feel like it's possibly the most fair league I'm in. They also start a ton of players and lot of flex positions - so you have a lot of options for lineup from week to week.

I'm in one league right now that has points for just about everything (not receptions yet though). Some of the scores have gotten up close to 200 points for a single week, and I feel like it's possibly the most fair league I'm in.

My work guys would flip with numbers like that as they still do everything by hand. I guess that's the main reason to keep the scoring low. Who would have the time to keep track?

And I thought my live draft was bad enough with having to walk up and write your pick on the board. But keeping score of everything by hand? That is insane. I don't see where a commisioner would find the time to track the stats and apply the appropriate points.

Of course, in that case I can see why they don't track yards, just TDs. Still, insane.

Ugh...I'm down just three points going into tonights game. My Engram up against Gore from the Eagles.

I have more points on the bench then I do my starting line up. :banghead:

Win or lose we are going to have 4 teams with in one game of each other. :crazy:

And what the heck is up with JFM? If you are still breathing, give us a sign!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back