GTPlanet Fantasy Football League - FoolKiller Wins!!!!

• Thread starter FoolKiller
  • 355 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to the Unomoto on his first win of the season. The Chefs were just not up to the task this week.

I made a few of changes this week.

Anderson-QB 28 pts
Crayton-WR 10
Peterson-RB 40
Folk-K 9

When you get 87 points from four first time starters you know you are going to have a good week. I feel very genious like with the pick ups I made this week. You guys thought I could score before?!?! I know I am way behind here but I feel really good about some up coming weeks.

I made a few of changes this week.

Anderson-QB 28 pts
Crayton-WR 10
Peterson-RB 40
Folk-K 9

When you get 87 points from four first time starters you know you are going to have a good week. I feel very genious like with the pick ups I made this week. You guys thought I could score before?!?! I know I am way behind here but I feel really good about some up coming weeks.

You have a running back problem, as in, too many top flight RBs for your own good. I'd recommend trading one or two of those guys to help your team out at WR. I really wish I were in a position to capitalize on that, but I'm not looking so hot at WR. I need Andre Johnson back in a big way.

You have a running back problem, as in, too many top flight RBs for your own good. I'd recommend trading one or two of those guys to help your team out at WR. I really wish I were in a position to capitalize on that, but I'm not looking so hot at WR. I need Andre Johnson back in a big way.

It's not as bad as you think. I have the #1 Moss, #8 Owens, #9 Crayton WR's in scoring. Even with those stats I just dropped Santana Moss and picked up Wes Welker from NE. I think that NE will light up the Dolphins like a Christmas tree next week. I would have also dropped Holt if I could. The rams are horrible and I just don't see him having any consistently good games. I have a question...If a player is on the "can't cut list", can he be traded?

Here are my thoughts on trading my RB's, with us having such a small league I think i would rather leave a bunch of points on the bench then letting one of you guys use it against me. I would only consider a good RB trade if someone offered up a starting QB for it.

Here are my thoughts on trading my RB's, with us having such a small league I think i would rather leave a bunch of points on the bench then letting one of you guys use it against me. I would only consider a good RB trade if someone offered up a starting QB for it.
And now you see why there are salary caps in real football. Imagine a team grabbing every single top notch player and paying them huge sums to sit on the bench, not being used by other teams.

I will say though, thsi is a sound strategy. In a larger league it would be a benefit to use them for trading leverage, but as it is wasting resources just to prevent the enemy from using them is a godo strategy in this league, even if the rest of us don't like it.

And now you see why there are salary caps in real football. Imagine a team grabbing every single top notch player and paying them huge sums to sit on the bench, not being used by other teams.

Just call me the George Steinbrenner of GTPFFL.
deathmetalio3.gif

I will say though, thsi is a sound strategy. In a larger league it would be a benefit to use them for trading leverage, but as it is wasting resources just to prevent the enemy from using them is a godo strategy in this league, even if the rest of us don't like it.

I don't think you guys would be crying if Jackson, Alexander, Bush, Green and L. Johnson had been living up to pre-season predictions.

Besides, I'm just the guy in last place, you have nothing to worry about.

Warner for Holt...hummm...I wouldn't mind doing the deal if I could drop Warner. How can i tell that he won't just be added to my "can't cut list" like Holt currently is?

Warner for Holt...hummm...I wouldn't mind doing the deal if I could drop Warner. How can i tell that he won't just be added to my "can't cut list" like Holt currently is?

He won't. I can drop him now. It's a yahoo setting for that particular player.

OK, so here are the games from this past weekend:

Centurion Eagles 105
Delicious Species 132

The Species just went to town in this game. Despite Laurence Maroney doing absolutely nothing there was no lack of running points as LT came through with 44 points. The Eagles had plenty of points coming from Brady and Housh- i refuse to spell that name, but it wasn't enough as five of the Species through up double-digit totals.

wicky wicky radsters 142
The Chefs 84

GAME OF THE WEEK - UPSET!!!
The Radsters had yet to win all season. The Chefs were serving up some huge servings dominance. But the radsters took a wicked chance and changed up half their roster. It paid of in spades as nearly every player put up double-digit points. Meanwhile The Chefs were hurt by byes and so Kurt Warner had to step in for Manning. Manning has been putting up 15-25 points a game for The Chefs, but Warner was playing for the other team as he lost two points.

SuperBad 93
JFM = 49er hater 75

The haters looked to still be taking a week off as they left one man out on bye. SuperBad managed an easy wuin with Drew Brees and Steve Smith really stacking up some points.

And the standings:
rank team - record - total points

1. The Chefs - 4-2-0 - 586
2. Delicious Species - 4-2-0 - 550
3. Centurion Eagles - 3-3-0 - 549
4. JFM = 49er hater - 3-3-0 - 496
5. SuperBad - 2-3-1 - 522
6. wicky wicky radsters - 1-4-1 - 615

First let me just remind everyone of this comment:
You won't stay on the bottom long with those kinds of numbers. Luck eventually catches up with you. It's the delicious species that have the real work ahead of them.
Followed by:
me
Yeah, I have noticed. I am hoping that by pulling Bulger and with LT finally coming into his own that I will be able to make up my losses.

In just two weeks my record and my points have now come into line, don't you think?

In just two weeks my record and my points have now come into line, don't you think?

We'll see how that holds up this week. Without LT how are you going to keep getting gobs of points? Meanwhile, the radsters are now even more cheated as they have the highest point total of all and are still in last place.

We'll see how that holds up this week. Without LT how are you going to keep getting gobs of points? Meanwhile, the radsters are now even more cheated as they have the highest point total of all and are still in last place.
I know how that will hold up this week. 5-2-0, first place for the DS while the holly homemakers go to 4-3-0, second place.

Meanwhile, the radsters are now even more cheated as they have the highest point total of all and are still in last place.

I'll just forget that the first few weeks even happened. It wasn't really my team anyway since I didn't attend our draft. I have now tweeked it to the point that I feel like I can call this team my own. I've dropped plenty of duds and I am very confident that my one week winning streak will continue to take me to the top of this league.

Me playing the high scorer couldn't have gone on forever. I doubt the fact that I am in last place makes any of you comfortable when it comes to matching up against me.

flexdu6.gif

Question time. My wife just got a trade offer to give up T.Owens for M.Barber III. She is in need of a reliable RB because S.Jackson and A.Green have be injured. She might be ok with other WR's if she lets him go, but what do you guys think? I'm tempted to tell her no but it's just to close to call.

Question time. My wife just got a trade offer to give up T.Owens for M.Barber III. She is in need of a reliable RB because S.Jackson and A.Green have be injured. She might be ok with other WR's if she lets him go, but what do you guys think? I'm tempted to tell her no but it's just to close to call.

This is contrary to what most people will probably advise, but I'd recommend that she pick up Crayton and take MB3 and ditch Owens (he drops too many). Crayton is putting up better fantasy numbers (as far as I can remember).

Pretty sure the 'Boys WR chart looks like this:

Witten
Crayton
Random dude on the sidelines
Owens

But you should probably get a more objective opinion than mine.

I agree with your break down of the Dallas WR's, But I was hoping for more advice on what you think MB3 might be like the rest of the season. So far it seems that Dallas is going to be pass first then run. MB3 just might not get the touches that makes him a good Fantasy pick. Are you guys thinking that also?

I agree with your break down of the Dallas WR's, But I was hoping for more advice on what you think MB3 might be like the rest of the season. So far it seems that Dallas is going to be pass first then run. MB3 just might not get the touches that makes him a good Fantasy pick. Are you guys thinking that also?

MB3 Yardage totals for the last bunch of games:

That's pretty second-rate. Maybe she can package owens with someone else and pick up Willis McGahee or someone similar. Ownes for Lynch perhaps?

MB3 Yardage totals for the last bunch of games:

That's pretty second-rate. Maybe she can package owens with someone else and pick up Willis McGahee or someone similar. Ownes for Lynch perhaps?

I think we will make the counter offer of D.Bowe of KC for MB3. In her league D.Bowe has scored 58 points and Owens has Scored 66. I think that would make it worth picking up MB3. Owens could always be a top notch bench guy and with Romo giving him all those chances to drop a ball, he's still worth hanging on to. Thanks for your imput, seeing how MB3 has dropped in yardage helps with putting a better value on him.

I think Barber III would be a good pickup for next season because I foresee Julius Jones being sent off and Barber taking the starting job. This season though I think he would be a great back up.

You have a running back problem, as in, too many top flight RBs for your own good. I'd recommend trading one or two of those guys to help your team out at WR.

Good thing I was holding on to those running backs. Ronnie Brown is now out with season ending knee surgery.

And yes...That is two in a row...ALL ABOARD!!! The Radster Express is full steam ahead! WOOOOT WOOOOT

Week 7 round up:

The Chefs 104
Delicious Species 81

With the big players for the Species on bye thsi week and The Chefs having all their big players in the game it gave The Chefs to fire up a barbecue and cook up something Delicious.

SuperBad 90
Centurion Eagles 86

The Centurion Eagles manager apparently took the week off and had three players on bye. So, while SuperBad won thsi week they shouldn't be too happy as the Eagles weren't playing a full roster and managed to keep the game within 4 points.

wicky wicky radsters 87
JFM = 49er hater 73

The Haters chose a bad time to come back. They caught the Radsters on a Wickyed comeback. Two wins in a row, can the Radsters keep it up long enough to make the playoffs? If the Radsters can pull off another win they could very well shoot up to fourth, but their next game will be a rematch of their tie game. It should be exciting.

Current rankings:

Rank - Team - Record - Points
1. The Chefs - 5-2-0 - 690
2. Delicious Species - 4-3-0 - 631
3. SuperBad - 3-3-1 - 612
4. Centurion Eagles - 3-4-0 - 635
5. JFM = 49er hater - 3-4-0 - 569
6. wicky wicky radsters - 2-4-1 - 702

So, UnoMoto, at this point a win will definitely pull you out of last and almost definitely move you into fourth. Now that you are putting wins on the board your point total will start to bump you up quickly.

So, UnoMoto, at this point a win will definitely pull you out of last and almost definitely move you into fourth. Now that you are putting wins on the board your point total will start to bump you up quickly.

If a person could be comfortably in last place, it would be me at the moment. I really feel as if I have a good grasp on what I need to put some good weeks together. I'm lovin my line up for week eight even with TO on the bye. Love him or hate him, he is averaging 12 pts a week. Moss is completely lights out! To bad I left Wes Welker on the bench, who put up 25 unused points.

My only true wild card will be Derrick Anderson QB for the rest of the season. I am banking on his good run to continue. He shouldn't be scoring like he has been put I'll put my chips on DA until he proves me otherwise. If it came down to the playoffs I would still be comfortable with the "other" Manning.

I still say that all of you should be Wickyly scared to play me each week!!!

[/smack talk]

I know how that will hold up this week. 5-2-0, first place for the DS while the holly homemakers go to 4-3-0, second place.

Hmmm.... Not quite like you'd hoped. A nice matchup though. I'm very very glad to have faced you on a week where you didn't have LT this time. Partially because it meant fewer points for you, and partially because it meant I didn't have to be conflicted about how LT did.

Nice job keeping the momentum rolling Uno. That's a good lineup you've got.

Nice job keeping the momentum rolling Uno. That's a good lineup you've got.

Thanks

DANNN....A new avatar for you!?!? Don't tell me your old one burnt down in the fires out there.

Seriously...Are you close enough to any of the action that you'll need to be evacuated?

Hmmm.... Not quite like you'd hoped. A nice matchup though. I'm very very glad to have faced you on a week where you didn't have LT this time. Partially because it meant fewer points for you, and partially because it meant I didn't have to be conflicted about how LT did.
Any other week....

DANNN....A new avatar for you!?!? Don't tell me your old one burnt down in the fires out there.
That's just his original Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged theme that he originally had. Different Atlas image though.

Seriously...Are you close enough to any of the action that you'll need to be evacuated?

I don't think I'll need to evacuate. But I have quite a few friends who are either flirting with evac or have already been ordered to do so. It's a bit surreal.

I don't think I'll need to evacuate. But I have quite a few friends who are either flirting with evac or have already been ordered to do so. It's a bit surreal.

Good for you...bad for them. It would be very below average to get your new pad toasted up. Good luck staying out of the line of fire!

Fantasy Dilemma this week (in another league of course):

Pick 1
--------
Curtis vs. Vikes
Welker vs. Skins
Calvin vs. Bears

Each is tempting for their own reason. Welker is tempting because Brady is on fire. Curtis is tempting because the Vikes are weak against the pass. Calvin is tempting because he was decent against Tampa last week (good pass def) and the Bears have been weaker recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back