GTPlanet Nurburgring Hot Lap Board (Weekly Challenge 04: Ferrari Enzo)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 126 comments
7:47.918 - 2012 Lotus Exige S - MR - 580 - Im_Lukas - Controller

This car is so unpredictable, sometimes I start sliding and it just corrects itself and other times it leaves me to correct it. Still I find it a fun car and with some more time I can see 7:44s being possible for me.
I hate you. :lol:

Braking is what I found to be the cause of most twitchy ness in the car. If you are turning and you press it just a hair to hard, it shoots you sideways. Getting on the gas throws in some understeer I've noticed. It's the problems that comes with the drivetrain layout, but man it just seems over the top in this car :lol:

I hate you. :lol:

Braking is what I found to be the cause of most twitchy ness in the car. If you are turning and you press it just a hair to hard, it shoots you sideways. Getting on the gas throws in some understeer I've noticed. It's the problems that comes with the drivetrain layout, but man it just seems over the top in this car :lol:

The same issue is there in Assetto Corsa under braking, but it is far easier to catch on a wheel. Well, in my opinion anyway. I will have to see how it drives in Forza, but I am yet to get a lap done in it yet.

The same issue is there in Assetto Corsa under braking, but it is far easier to catch on a wheel. Well, in my opinion anyway. I will have to see how it drives in Forza, but I am yet to get a lap done in it yet.
Yeah, I imagine it would be easier to catch on a wheel. The throws are to short on a controller and make it a bit unpredictable. My lap was ugly, so I can imagine if I learn how to drive the car properly, I can shave some time.

@ImaRobot @Im_Lukas

7:46.650 - 2012 Lotus Exige S - MR - 580 - Ialyrn - Controller

That is from a standing start by the way, I should be able to get a few more seconds off it from a flying lap. Going to run a few more laps so I can get used to the car.
7:52 is my flying lap :lol:

I'm embarrassed.

Knew I should have carried on lapping the Exige, instead I set some modified times.

6:53.073 - 2008 Lamborghini Reventon - 4WD - 800 - Im_Lukas - Controller
6:54.125 - 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia - MR - 800 - Im_Lukas - Controller
7:29.197 - 2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R - FF - 600 - Im_Lukas - Controller

Nice lalyrn

Not sure i've got it in me to beat that time with this car, hate the thing.

If it's not ploughing through the bends it wants the rear to swap places with the front!!!

Nice lalyrn

If it's not ploughing through the bends it wants the rear to swap places with the front!!!
So I'm not the only one?!

Sorry everyone! :lol:

Nice lalyrn

So I'm not the only one?!

Sorry everyone! :lol:

Oh I agree, the car is a pain in the neck. Don't currently have my hdpvr plugged in, so testing out windows 10 xbox streaming and win 10 games vr to record the replay. Recording all 3 laps I did, should I add all 3 to YouTube or just the fastest?

Oh I agree, the car is a pain in the neck. Don't currently have my hdpvr plugged in, so testing out windows 10 xbox streaming and win 10 games vr to record the replay. Recording all 3 laps I did, should I add all 3 to YouTube or just the fastest?
I would say probably just the fastest. Thats 24 minutes of video of you do all 3.

I will put all 3 up, but will add time stamps in the video description. Seeing how the car moves is quite interesting to be honest, so could be worth a look at the whole thing.

@ImaRobot oops!

7:37.920 - 2012 Lotus Exige S - MR - 580 - Ialyrn - Controller

And the video is now up. There are time stamps in the videos description. Lap 3 starts at 15:23

Stunning lap! No way I'm getting near that kind of time but I might be able to go a little faster than the 44s I guessed earlier, set a dirty 45.1 with plenty of mistakes worth a couple of seconds. Might take this car in to the B class hopper tomorrow and try to get a better feel for it before my next attempt.

@Im_Lukas It does take a little getting used too, but once you get a good run in that car; it really shows. If you are still having issues with it stepping out, then you could always stick on TCS. It doesn't make your lap mean any less, more so since some of the fastest in the game use it with certain cars.

@Im_Lukas It does take a little getting used too, but once you get a good run in that car; it really shows. If you are still having issues with it stepping out, then you could always stick on TCS. It doesn't make your lap mean any less, more so since some of the fastest in the game use it with certain cars.

It's not so much stepping out under power but more the lift-off oversteer which I'm trying to drive through by getting back on the throttle, sometimes it catches it perfectly so the car gently slides through the corner but other times if I apply the throttle too soon it just understeers off. If I get some good time in practising then I'll see how my times compare to todays.

I'll keep TCS off as it's something I've preferred to do since GT5/FM4 even if I may be 0.5 or 1 second quicker with it I just try to do the best I can with my preferences and am not too bothered about my rankings.

It's not so much stepping out under power but more the lift-off oversteer which I'm trying to drive through by getting back on the throttle, sometimes it catches it perfectly so the car gently slides through the corner but other times if I apply the throttle too soon it just understeers off. If I get some good time in practising then I'll see how my times compare to todays.

I'll keep TCS off as it's something I've preferred to do since GT5/FM4 even if I may be 0.5 or 1 second quicker with it I just try to do the best I can with my preferences and am not too bothered about my rankings.

Yeh, the lift off oversteer is a killer in that car.

Well to anyone still struggling with the car I can recommend the hoppers and the large variety of corners you'll face as good practice with the car, now I can usually predict what the car is going to do when I turn in.

7:41.187 - 2012 Lotus Exige S - MR - 580 - Im_Lukas - Controller

1440159946285.jpg

Sucks to know I was 1.2 seconds down on my best first sector. :banghead:

Edit: Replay is uploaded as "gtpweekly3" in case anyone wants it.

Last edited:
I was playing a good 6 laps yesterday and managed a 7:44.xxx but grazed the barrier at the very end and dirtied my lap. I'm done with this car :lol:

I ended up trying out some different cars, and man the Lotus has traumatized me. I'm expecting the same characteristics from other cars now, without any thought, and its throwing me off.

I was playing a good 6 laps yesterday and managed a 7:44.xxx but grazed the barrier at the very end and dirtied my lap. I'm done with this car :lol:

I ended up trying out some different cars, and man the Lotus has traumatized me. I'm expecting the same characteristics from other cars now, without any thought, and its throwing me off.
You just need to go nuts and have some fun.

You just need to go nuts and have some fun.
I was having fun, up until the very last few turns. I didn't feel like pushing through the dirty lap again just so I can give it one more go. I'll just stick with whatever I have lol.

Hopefully should get a lap time in tonight, its been too long since I've visited the ring' on FM5!

I was also thinking, we should do a poll or something in the FM6 forum to gauge interest on if people want to do a similar hot lap board for FM6, and whether they want it to be on Nurburgring or another track? I really like the way this is done, and with what looks like quite a few people getting FM6, this could be even better!

Hopefully should get a lap time in tonight, its been too long since I've visited the ring' on FM5!

I was also thinking, we should do a poll or something in the FM6 forum to gauge interest on if people want to do a similar hot lap board for FM6, and whether they want it to be on Nurburgring or another track? I really like the way this is done, and with what looks like quite a few people getting FM6, this could be even better!

I'd definitely join in (or offer help) with any kind of hot lap board for FM6 or something like the FRS (Forza Race Series) that was available on FM4 through Forzaplanet.net, that was good fun and I still have visions of the fully tuned Renault 5 Turbo and the incredible amounts of understeer it achieved round Bernese Alps :lol:.

Haven't been able to improve my Exige time, hit a 7:42 but since driving the Lotus E21 it's hard to return to the Exige and get it right.

@SlipZtrEm Just wondering, but who is picking the next car? since it was the 17th when the last one was chosen.

Woops! That'd be you @Ialyrn, since you had the fastest time. Might make this one the final Weekly Challenge, depending on how many people get sucked into the FM6 demo. :P

I'll be doing another 'Ring board for FM6 following this template, and I'm thinking about a companion board on a smaller track. Might be fun to make it Lime Rock since we'd all be new to it, but I'm open to suggestions!

Back