GTPlanet & Other GT Forums Race Event- ANY VEHICLE WELCOME @ Suzuka 750 (PAL ONLY)

• Thread starter GTP_DONK
  • 152 comments
I don't know what happened towards the end their, my cars grip levels just dive bombed i couldn't keep it on the road.

Goddamn moron Death1 would just not give me space when i had it, forced me onto the grass and race is over for me.

EDIT: Just got tok out once by TWO TeamGT drivers both trying to overtake at the same time together on my inside on 130R shoved me off, didn't wait. Later that race one of them gets me again, doesn't wait. Then NOS delivered the killing blow not sure how. DIDNT WAIT! Three times i got nailed by forum members and no-one waited for me or even seemed to consider it. I'm pretty 🤬 about that.

Feeling ambitous p3nt?? :lol:

I must not overtake on r130 ... I must not overtake on r130 ... I must not overtake on r130 ... I must not overtake on r130 ... I must not overtake on r130 ... I must not overtake on r130 ...

here comes r130 - I can do this ....

DOH!

Awesome performance mate - I stand corrected. That Mines was well up to the job. So I revise my comment - stay off Suzuka in 4wd's (unless you're dragonistic)

Sorry about the brake check going into the esses in the amuse - forgot I wasn't in the GT for a minute and dropped way too many gears :embarrassed:

I don't know what happened towards the end their, my cars grip levels just dive bombed i couldn't keep it on the road.

Goddamn moron Death1 would just not give me space when i had it, forced me onto the grass and race is over for me.

EDIT: Just got tok out once by TWO TeamGT drivers both trying to overtake at the same time together on my inside on 130R shoved me off, didn't wait. Later that race one of them gets me again, doesn't wait. Then NOS delivered the killing blow not sure how. DIDNT WAIT! Three times i got nailed by forum members and no-one waited for me or even seemed to consider it. I'm pretty 🤬 about that.

I had the same experience, especially with GTSnet_Gronciuer (FR), pardon my spelling. He ploughs into me after I was punted off, so I wait for him, but he decides to start by knocking me off the track deliberately.

Wow, my first two races were great, the rest were not so great, many rammers out there, although the decent racers I did come across provided some great fun!
Nice to see a fellow Viper driver, GTP_BJM 👍

My races went as follows:
The first number is the race number.
The second number is my finish position according to forum members.
The names in brakets are the other members attending the race.
1 1st (GTP_hyperuk, RudiRaser_GTRP)
2 3rd (GTP_hyperuk, RudiRaser_GTRP)
3 2nd (GTRP_Monza, GTP_Grim_Reaper)
4 4th (Celima_TeamGT, VirtuaMax_TeamGT, Taranta_TeamGT, GTP_BJM)
5 4th (5 GT5net, GTP_Dolp, GTP_Gnobody)
6 2nd (GT5net_Zouil88, GTP_Dolp)
7 3rd (VirtuaMax_TeamGT, Celima_TeamGT, GT5net_Zouil88)

I think next time we should all go at the usual 15 minute intervals so as to keep us toghether, as after the first race I saw very few racers, and to many punters.:ouch:

Yea, i can't drive now im still livid at the disrespect shown by the drivers who hit me off earlier, i hit one driver off today that i felt couldve been my fault, and waited later in the race when the road was clear to stop.

^There were times where people drove back in my way after spinning off and I hit them, causing them further grief, but I couldn't stop for them because people were right behind me, this happened mainly on the Esses. I didnt feel that it was entirely my fault that I hit these people however, because they decided to drive usually right onto the racing line at snails pace and I had no where to manouver.

I will, however, say sorry to anyone who felt hard-done by if I hit them and didn't wait in the situation I just described.

I waited in all other cases though, even in ones that I was not part of, just to keep the race going between the few forum members who were in the race. I would rather race fellow forum members than the punters in the lead.

I'm gonna take a break, the sight of one of those drivers of the earlier incident just made me so annoyed, i'm now beginning to think, was it because i have no tag they thought it was ok?

Anyone meet me at xx00? Same place.

I'm gonna take a break, the sight of one of those drivers of the earlier incident just made me so annoyed, i'm now beginning to think, was it because i have no tag they thought it was ok?

Yeah, that is a very big problem with the tags, and it needs to be emphasised more, everyone should treat all users with the same respect, not just other tag wearers!

See you @ xx:00
👍

I'm gonna race xx00 and xx15 then i'm off to go on something else.

EDIT: i got in a random race at xx00. Last try at xx15

Oh, noooo! I woke up at 4:30, drove for an hour from 5 (with hardly any GTP’rs)… felt a bit disappointed and went to bed. I just woke up now to find out that it started at 4AM.

It would have been nice to know that the UK is currently GMT +1, because of daylight savings. It didn’t say anything about that on the first post… just 9pm UK time, which I thought was GMT +0. Maybe if you could tell us next time?

I realise that the majority of GT5net racers are good, considerate drivers, but I met the minority last night!

I don't want to name anyone at the moment, because I maybe over reacting, but my experiences in last nights racing was very similar to Dragonistic's, some TeamGT members also 'introduced' themselves to me in a few races!

Also, Death1 ruined 3 of my races, ramming in corners and brake checking are his specialities!

Only the first 2-3 races were good then we all got split up because it was a 'hit start as soon as you can' affair. That kinda ruined it for me cus once i lost the train, that was it every random race from then i was punted. Next time can we have set times like the xx15,xx30,xx45,xx00 set up?

Hello boys, the first post for me in this beautiful Planet 👍
First sorry for English bad.
@ Dragonistic
Sometimes in the race we are not aware of touch or harm a pilot and wait in doubt ruin the race for both: this is my idea.
Then, however, whoever is responsible for its actions.

Available to exchange ideas on the behaviour on the track :)

P.S.: Your own Amuse has a nice acceleration.

hi Taranta,
it´s everytime a pleasure for me to meet you online. 👍 👍

yesterday there was some nice races but the problem is that many people can´t handle the 750 PP cars. :ill:

the races after the event @ 600 PP was much more intresting and close. 👍

i made 6 videos and i will upload them tonight. :)

Hello boys, the first post for me in this beautiful Planet 👍
First sorry for English bad.
@ Dragonistic
Sometimes in the race we are not aware of touch or harm a pilot and wait in doubt ruin the race for both: this is my idea.
Then, however, whoever is responsible for its actions.

Available to exchange ideas on the behaviour on the track :)

P.S.: Your own Amuse has a nice acceleration.

You and Virtuamax both tried to overtake me AT THE SAME TIME right as i was about to turn into a corner by going side-by-side and diving up my inside, i got took clean out with nowhere to go and i was the only one on the normal racing line. The second time that you hit me, i understand was an accident and can't blame you for it. Going into the chicane you were right behind me and i braked, you couldn't react fast enough and hit my rear, but the first incident was just shocking ignorance shown towards me. One car wouldn't have been able to make a clean overtake at that time, let alone two.

I know you're a good driver normally, i just fail to see how that overtake was ever going to end up without me going off the track.

yesterday there was some nice races but the problem is that many people can´t handle the 750 PP cars. :ill:

the races after the event @ 600 PP was much more intresting and close. 👍

I think you are right Rudi Raser, I had a lot of trouble going back up to PP750 last night after 1000's of laps at PP600, I was struggle to keep the car on the track in the corners and even on the straights, LOL.

I met you a couple of times last night Rudi, I have seen a few of your videos and in my opinion you are a great driver and an even better racer! 👍

I could learn a lot from you and most of the drivers here!

I was in a couple of races with Dragonistic too, great racing mate, even with the "obstacles" presented in front of you, I noted that you won a couple of races too, nice! 👍

Despite the things that went on last night and my poor driving, i still enjoyed the challenge and enjoyed meeting up with fellow GTP's & other GT drivers, I will be back for more next week, after some practice!

You and Virtuamax both tried to overtake me AT THE SAME TIME right as i was about to turn into a corner by going side-by-side and diving up my inside, i got took clean out with nowhere to go and i was the only one on the normal racing line. The second time that you hit me, i understand was an accident and can't blame you for it. Going into the chicane you were right behind me and i braked, you couldn't react fast enough and hit my rear, but the first incident was just shocking ignorance shown towards me. One car wouldn't have been able to make a clean overtake at that time, let alone two.

I know you're a good driver normally, i just fail to see how that overtake was ever going to end up without me going off the track.

Unfortunately, I have some difficulty to understand English 👎, but I have made a mistake, sorry, I don't recalled this episode: many races, many people aggressive, only three laps :crazy:

Unfortunately, I have some difficulty to understand English 👎, but I have made a mistake, sorry, I don't recalled this episode: many races, many people aggressive, only three laps :crazy:

Its ok :) I just wanted a sorry, that's all. Thanks.

No luck for me on this event...

Only few forums members for maybe 30-40mn and even the first 3 races hosted by leavers (2 of 3 with disco after mmmhhh let's say 20sec).

So, alot of races with punters/rammers and not enough forum members opponents to have nice races (maybe 3 races).

Sadly, the only one that was quite exiting, I ruined my race all alone.

Thats why i suggested the xx00,xx15 etc. system next time, once we got split up there was no hope. Races 1-3 were great, then the rest were awful.

Evening guys:)

First I would like to say a big thankyou:tup: to everybody from this forum and the other forums for taking part and racing as good and clean as was physically possible.

Secondly on the setup of the race joining as quick as you can by pressing the start button was another option to try regarding online race events. I think we should stick to set groups starting at set times. Reading through the posts it seemed it was a punting nightmare between forum members on forum memebers :crazy: and non forum members on forum members:mad:.

Also quite a few of you seemed to have 2 or 3 good races and then it all seemed to go tits up, hardly meeting up with forum members or even none at all.

Im definatley up for another forum race event but I think somebody with more experience organising online racing events should take the rains.

Remember please add me to the events list. GTP_DONK.

Evening guys:)

First I would like to say a big thankyou:tup: to everybody from this forum and the other forums for taking part and racing as good and clean as was physically possible.

Secondly on the setup of the race joining as quick as you can by pressing the start button was another option to try regarding online race events. I think we should stick to set groups starting at set times. Reading through the posts it seemed it was a punting nightmare between forum members on forum memebers :crazy: and non forum members on forum members:mad:.

Also quite a few of you seemed to have 2 or 3 good races and then it all seemed to go tits up, hardly meeting up with forum members or even none at all.

Im definatley up for another forum race event but I think somebody with more experience organising online racing events should take the rains.

Remember please add me to the events list. GTP_DONK.

Can't criticise the organisation, went well, we got plenty of racers only problem was (in retrospect) we should prolly have been starting on 00/15/30/45 ... but we'll know next time.

Couldn't believe when I decided to switch to the amuse s2000 and figured I'd lose the pack, only to find myself in the same race as Dragonistic, who'd decided to do exactly the same thing, at exactly the same time.

Unfortunately I couldn't get near the swine (you're just too fast for me dude!) but it was awesome racing overall. Big thanks for setting this up Donk! There's never any decent competition in 750pp with one or two people who can actually keep the car on the track being the best you can hope for. Last night was a breath of fresh air. We have simply got to do this again!

To anyone who isn't used to 750 and found themselves cooking too many corners and losing out - don't worry about it. In 600pp a mistake can cost you a couple of secs and maybe a position or two but the speed things happen in 750 it usually means game over. If I'm an average driver (which I believe myself to be) then I will screw up, monumentally, one race in every 3 or 4. Doesn't make it any less fun and it's nothing to get hung up about - perfectly normal I'd say.

Anyroad - big up to Donk for setting this up - hopefully you'll be able to make it next time 👍

To anyone who isn't used to 750 and found themselves cooking too many corners and losing out - don't worry about it. In 600pp a mistake can cost you a couple of secs and maybe a position or two but the speed things happen in 750 it usually means game over.

Oh come on, the difference isn't that big! Thats one big fat exaggeration right there.
Transition from any PP is hard, people just need to practice. Going from 750PP to 500PP is just as bad.

Anyway, DONK, you did a great job, although at first you missed a few things with the organistation of the event, you did fine. You can't think of everything, we're only human. I look forward to more events organised by you, I hope you don't give up, you can only use this thread to learn for your next event!

I would love to see GT5net's code of conduct, I got a feeling that it states somewhere that "You must win at all costs, and if you can't go around 'em, go through 'em!"

I realise that the majority of GT5net racers are good, considerate drivers, but I met the minority last night!

I don't want to name anyone at the moment

Please feel free to do so ;)....

Last night wasn't (except for some few races) a very nice racing evening... I was with some of my teamates Skype equiped and heard the same about GTP'ers and other forum players....???

Don't forget we were all often punted by really stupid ones ending most of the time in other pilot without wanting it... You want to scream "Sorry, it's not me but that moron who throw me in your back" But there's nobody to hear you :ouch:

It was after all nice to meet more and more nice drivers, and some battles were still great 👍

Couldn't believe when I decided to switch to the amuse s2000 and figured I'd lose the pack, only to find myself in the same race as Dragonistic, who'd decided to do exactly the same thing, at exactly the same time.

Was that the race with NLxAROSA? i wanted an RVT formation finish i wasn't trying to let you win! but you kept trying to shunt me over lol. NL nearly stole both spots because of it :lol:

Back