GTPlanet Pet Peeves

This seems like Pipe-Bomb and Controversy central:

Posts about @Furinkazen being a lamp :P.

The absurd amount of threads dedicated to F1, especially those launch threads.

People who see opinions against their own as personal attacks.

The cool wall threads.

Over-sensitive users who only see what is happening and not why and how (won't name and shame).

GTP Endurance/Sportscar Series (sometimes, it is a love, hate relationship).

The GT Racing Series which were fun competitions back in GT5 where you only needed a GTP account. Are now super serious, competitive gaming matches with organizations, outside sources etc.

The fact that the thread dedicated to Super GT is called the "SuperGT Thread"

Status Chains

Users complaining about not getting a A or B in their grade.

People who obviously hate me, yet hide their hatred behind a mask.

The "Yes"-men

People who ask for a review but get all massive defensive when you give them criticism.

Continually attack GT despite it being a dead horse by now (I am a hypocrite on this though)

Continually defending GT while ignoring any logical reasons.

My Opinions

The Anime Thread when pages have nothing but images.

The fact that all Anime is stored in 1 thread but F1 can have multiple threads about minor topics that could easily merge especially when the topics of the launch threads seems to be not very active. (I know this sorts counteracts what I said before)

People who completely remove everything about them before they leave.

People who announce that they are leaving "forever" dramatically as they'll always come back.

Don't take this the wrong way guys, I love this site :D, I visit this site everyday whenever I am on the computer for a reason.

This seems like Pipe-Bomb and Controversy central:

Posts about @Furinkazen being a lamp :P.

The absurd amount of threads dedicated to F1, especially those launch threads.

People who see opinions against their own as personal attacks.

The cool wall threads.

Over-sensitive users who only see what is happening and not why and how (won't name and shame).

GTP Endurance/Sportscar Series (sometimes, it is a love, hate relationship).

The GT Racing Series which were fun competitions back in GT5 where you only needed a GTP account. Are now super serious, competitive gaming matches with organizations, outside sources etc.

The fact that the thread dedicated to Super GT is called the "SuperGT Thread"

Status Chains

Users complaining about not getting a A or B in their grade.

People who obviously hate me, yet hide their hatred behind a mask.

The "Yes"-men

People who ask for a review but get all massive defensive when you give them criticism.

Continually attack GT despite it being a dead horse by now (I am a hypocrite on this though)

Continually defending GT while ignoring any logical reasons.

My Opinions

The Anime Thread when pages have nothing but images.

The fact that all Anime is stored in 1 thread but F1 can have multiple threads about minor topics that could easily merge especially when the topics of the launch threads seems to be not very active. (I know this sorts counteracts what I said before)

People who completely remove everything about them before they leave.

People who announce that they are leaving "forever" dramatically as they'll always come back.

Don't take this the wrong way guys, I love this site :D, I visit this site everyday whenever I am on the computer for a reason.
That's basically 80% of GTP. :D

People who think they are better than other users.

Posts in unreadable fonts.

Super, I mean super long posts. I can read a post that has 5 or 6 paragraphs, but anything longer is just too much for me.

IBTL posts.

People in the GT forums whining about how bad th course maker is and things like that.

Grammar free posts.

Suggestion threads made just for likes.

• People who have not read the AUP before posting
  • Suggestions threads made for likes
  • People who look for attention
  • People who post a lot in a short amount of time
  • People who complain and whine over a miniscule problem
  • People who can't handle any amount of criticism/constructive criticism
  • People who post photos in the Funny Pic Thread that aren't even funny/don't make sense

When you make a post in a thread, need to make another post that people should see, but don't want to double post or edit into the unrelated post before.

People who take subjective things (like things being funny, good, likeable etc.) and run them off as facts.

The GTP Endurance/Sportscar Commentary Team (though it is better than WWE's commentary team).

The GTP Endurance/Sportscar Interviews (not really bad per say, but they are really typical and boring)

When a user purposely allows you to view a private album just for attention that they wouldn't get if it was public.

People who sign up to things, but don't bother participating.

Constant R.I.P posts (I know it is out of "respect" but there is so much R.I.P posts than their needs to be and honestly looks like posts for likes than posts for respect).

When massive pun streams are created in the Funny Pictures thread and they get removed by mods.

The whole Funny Picture/Funny Screenshot "issue". If they're a funny .jpg, they should all go in the funny pictures thread.

1. People who constantly change their avatars a lot and never keep one for long. Like dang, just find one already! :lol:

2. Active members who still have avatars pixelated from the transition from GTP11 to GTP12. Not to contradict what I said above. Before someone references me not changing mine since signing up, I reuploaded mine after the transition.

3. Member's who almost always type long posts for something that can easily be done in a sentence or two in most of the posts they make. Yea I am sure we have all done this before and I could probably include myself for doing it from time to time as well. However, it's the one's that do it all the time that I am referring to.

4. Members that send you PM's asking questions that violate the AUP. Back when hybriding was huge in GT5, I had several members PM me asking how to get the car color sample in GT5. A few of which did so despite me saying it was against the AUP to ask plain as day prior to the PM's they sent. (Looking back now, I should have reported them)

Just avoid any unwanted tension in this thread, none of the pet peeves I have noted are directed at any members here or the GTP staff. I am not looking for trouble. :scared:

Last edited:
Not being able to scroll down in the comment twitter type thingy on the main forum page. I swear I check that more then I should and would love to be able to see slightly older posts.

People posting in the wrong thread.

Back