GTPlanet Pet Peeves

Contributing Writers, good concept but unless you are a journalist, professional writer etc., the writing looks a bit amateur in comparison.
You don't become a professional writer without being an amateur one first.

The writers here answered a call for who would like to help the site - which is still a fansite run by volunteers. They have volunteered to try to start their writing careers here, in front of the eyes of a quarter of a million members and Sony. And Google. On the 40th largest forum of any type.

If fellow members giving their time freely to help out irritates you, I think you're on the wrong site. And possibly the wrong planet.

Members who have different opinions to me. Urgh. Hate that.
I'm fine with it.

You don't become a professional writer without being an amateur one first.

True.

The writers here answered a call for who would like to help the site - which is still a fansite run by volunteers. If that irritates you, I think you're on the wrong site.
I never really said it irritated me that far. It does annoy me a little but I have handled worst problems on a much more worse sites.

I guess it is from a comparison standpoint as I read these in comparison to those in the past, just seeing the amount of errors and other issues more common is a little noticeable. It might be something I'll deal with overtime as this is still relatively new.

People who vote Sub-Zero on the Cool Wall threads when most vote Seriously Uncool and vice versa (SU when most vote S-Z), except for the Prius, which IMO is as cool as you can get. I am being serious here.

It's funny - and almost therapeutic - that we get threads like this every so often.

But don't just complain, make good posts and ignore what doesn't affect you. Trends come and go, so don't get worried about they latest thing that bugs you. (Insert comment about pressing the Report button upon an emergency.)

People who vote Sub-Zero on the Cool Wall threads when most vote Seriously Uncool and vice versa (SU when most vote S-Z), except for the Prius, which IMO is as cool as you can get. I am being serious here.

People who insist on Groupthink. There's other opinions out there, get used to it. Not all opinions make sense. Don't like it, get over it.

The point of the Cool Wall is that there's no need to back it up, although that makes for a more interesting read and possibly validates an opinion, even if nobody cares. We're talking about something that was lifted straight from a popular TV program, so expecting creativity is a bit moot.

I wouldn't worry what anyone else thinks of a car, it's an inanimate object. I drive something that's down in the lowest category, and I don't care what anyone else thinks about it.

Last edited:
1. People in the suggestions forum that make suggestions just for the sake of getting likes.
2. People in the suggestions forum that make suggestions without searching to check to see if it was made already, then make a duplicate suggestion.
3. People that like practically every comment in a thread. I can't help it, this one bothers and puzzles me.

1. People in the suggestions forum that make suggestions just for the sake of getting likes.
2. People in the suggestions forum that make suggestions without searching to check to see if it was made already, then make a duplicate suggestion.
3. People that like practically every comment in a thread. I can't help it, this one bothers and puzzles me.

Basically the entire Suggestions Forum in general. It was a good idea to start with, but devolved into a gluttonous mess incredibly quickly. It's now just the same 5-10 members posting suggestions. I was done with that long ago.

There's nothing inherently wrong with making lots of suggestions – and we certainly can't make the argument that the people doing so don't want to see the cars in the game – but it does create an unfortunate issue that mirrors the whole approach to the roster PD has with GT themselves; the endless march of nigh-identical variations means a lot of the truly unique, interesting stuff gets lost in the mess.

If only we had a way of focusing on those ones...

:D

True.

I never really said it irritated me that far. It does annoy me a little but I have handled worst problems on a much more worse sites.

I guess it is from a comparison standpoint as I read these in comparison to those in the past, just seeing the amount of errors and other issues more common is a little noticeable. It might be something I'll deal with overtime as this is still relatively new.
Apologies if my writing style (or any of the new CW team, for that matter) annoy you. Like any writing gig there is a learning curve for approaching this sort of thing. For what it's worth, I don't think any of the team would have took up the role if they didn't feel confident enough in writing for an exceedingly large and growing audience. Personally, I have been writing for quite a few years now at both an academic and personal level so I felt confident in the ability to convey news and opinions in a high quality manner suited for a high quality site.

As a result of that, constructive criticism is something that builds ability and character especially when taking on a new project. If you feel comfortable enough to identify issues why not raise them with the writers in question? Surely that would be proactive in remediation of your pet-peeve.

Tl;Dr: From a personal stand-point this is an opportunity to further my writing and the main editorial team have been great so far in terms of getting the others and I up to speed. If you or any other user feels they could also pitch in with constructive feedback I am all ears.

The GTP Endurance/Sportscar Commentary Team (though it is better than WWE's commentary team).

The GTP Endurance/Sportscar Interviews (not really bad per say, but they are really typical and boring)

I understand that it's your opinion, but if you don't like it, don't listen. There's a lot of people behind-the-scenes who work very hard to produce the event and make it happen, all for the sake of putting on a good show.

The PCars Defense Force.

This, in fact, lead me to discover and start commenting on PRC - you know, that whiny simracing blog. :irked: I submitted like 3 reader submissions there (one ill-timed) and even run a txt account on Twitter dedicated to that.

- PCars defence force.

- Suggestions forum.

- GT defence force.

- Suggestions forum.

- Members starting arguments in threads for no particular reason.

- Members that begin slating you if your opinion is not the same as theirs.

- Members that have English as their native language but don't seem to understand the concept of punctuation.

- Suggestions forum.

Last edited:
I thought that was decent use of language. What did I miss?
Oh, hang on. I see the edit time. Was it just the ending of a sentence with a comma? That has been corrected since then?

Edit: If so, that's really petty.

Tom
I understand that it's your opinion, but if you don't like it, don't listen. There's a lot of people behind-the-scenes who work very hard to produce the event and make it happen, all for the sake of putting on a good show.
If I can sit through WWE despite its commentary team being worse. I can sit through the races :lol:. I understand that you guys are trying and I support you guys for trying but I feel like it just isn't there yet.

Also I don't have an issue with the voices, I can listen to the voices easily. I should've got into detail why it was a pet peeve of me, from the 2 races I watched it seems that when action was happening on screen the commentators weren't calling it until 2 minutes later, which is what bugs me a little.

EDIT: IMO, the "Don't Like, Don't ____" is one of my most silliest arguments. I need to actually listen to it in order to like it and even then why can't I voice my judgement? To me, it comes across as you not wanting anyone to go against the Commentary Team.

Apologies if my writing style (or any of the new CW team, for that matter) annoy you. Like any writing gig there is a learning curve for approaching this sort of thing. For what it's worth, I don't think any of the team would have took up the role if they didn't feel confident enough in writing for an exceedingly large and growing audience. Personally, I have been writing for quite a few years now at both an academic and personal level so I felt confident in the ability to convey news and opinions in a high quality manner suited for a high quality site.

As a result of that, constructive criticism is something that builds ability and character especially when taking on a new project. If you feel comfortable enough to identify issues why not raise them with the writers in question? Surely that would be proactive in remediation of your pet-peeve.

Tl;Dr: From a personal stand-point this is an opportunity to further my writing and the main editorial team have been great so far in terms of getting the others and I up to speed. If you or any other user feels they could also pitch in with constructive feedback I am all ears.

Fair enough and like I said, it is a very new thing so I might eventually get to like it over time as I'm not used to it and I'm pretty sure you guys will get better at too.

EDIT: Just read your latest article and I can see you are improving well 👍, this might not be a pet peeve in the future. Though when reading other articles by the CW team, some of the writing can feel rushed and just for the sake of giving news ASAP and not fleshing out the writing, which does look a bit amateur to me.

Last edited:
So you have a problem when people don't have the popular opinion?
I will now clarify.

I don't have a problem, but people do try to sway the results by voting the other spectrum. A few I agree with, like @Roger the Horse's S-Z on the Mirai. Yeah, I will admit I'm eco-conscious.

Then there's others that just vote the opposition and give no reason. Early @WeThePeople comes to mind. Some notable S-Zs he voted that I can think of are the Autobau, the Murano convertible thing, the Aspen, the Bullet Roadster, the Edonis, and the Seville. He still hasn't provided reasons, but some do it "for the lulz."

Could all those S-Zs had been mistakes?

Also, I can believe @Adamgp's reason for voting S-Z on the Devel, although I do think the Devel's specs are ludicrous claims.

People can vote for what they want. It doesn't matter if it sways the results, as it's their opinion.
Ironically people who disturbed having "Sway the results" on a poll is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Fair enough and like I said, it is a very new thing so I might eventually get to like it over time as I'm not used to it and I'm pretty sure you guys will get better at too.

EDIT: Just read your latest article and I can see you are improving well 👍, this might not be a pet peeve in the future. Though when reading other articles by the CW team, some of the writing can feel rushed and just for the sake of giving news ASAP and not fleshing out the writing, which does look a bit amateur to me.

Considering we want to get news out there for people to read when it's relevant within the constraints of having a day job/outside GTP commitments it isn't meant to come across as 'rushed' but concise and to the the point news. Unfortunately none of us are experienced in writing Shakespearean verse when announcing a release date for a game. There will be opportunities to write extensive articles (like the recent Driveclub review) but as far as I can say, I want to get news out there for those who are interested without waffling for the sake of waffling.

Feedback is appreciated though, will take into consideration what you are saying for the future.

Back