GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
Shameless XJ13 post.
My most prized model as I actually saw this car running and at a Jaguar meeting, it had a novel method of keeping dry:
Nothing wrong with an XJ13 post :sly:

I'm in love with your assortment of Le Mans prototypes and GT1 cars.
Thanks! :cheers:
I really need more though, lol...

Anyway a random assortment of stuff I took pics of today:
AUTOart 1/18 Dodge Viper Competition Coupe

AUTOart 1/18 Cadillac CTS-VR

AUTOart 1/18 Citroen Xsara WRC

Kyosho 1/18 Nissan Fairlady Z Street Sports

Franklin Mint 1/24 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1

Franklin Mint 1/24 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1

M2 Machines 1/24 Plymouth Barracuda 426 Hemi

Bburago 1/24 Ferrari 458 Italia

Aero Le Plane 1/100 Embraer ERJ-145XR ExpressJet

Gemini Jets 1/200 Embraer ERJ-175SC United Express (ExpressJet)

AUTOart AEROart 1/72 North American TF-51D Mustang

Dragon Wings 1/72 Grumman F-14B Tomcat

Alter 1/7 Teletha Testarossa from Full Metal Panic

Alter 1/8 Eizen from Tales of Berseria

Guys, do the Welly models whose packaging have the word NEX imprinted on it have any difference in terms of details from the normally packaged ones? Or is it just a simple change in package?

Procured a few in the recent weeks.

hpi 1:43 McLaren F1 GTR Presentation Car
s-l1600.jpg

Inno64 1:64 Honda Civic Ferio 1995 JTCC Test Car
IN64-civic-ferio-1.jpg

Inno64 1:64 Honda Civic Ferio 1995 JTCC - Osamu Nakako
s-l1600.jpg

...and the first two releases of the Tomica Limited Vintage R32 Skylines.
TOY-SCL3-07947_01_1024x1024@2x.jpg

TOY-SCL3-07946_01_1200x1200.jpg

Last edited:
Working at a BMW dealership now. And since BMW actually has models on offer in their parts department compared to the previous dealers I've worked at, I'm tempted to get one. But kind of struggling to think of which model to order. Kind of want a model of a car that isn't produced in another scale/brand or something "useful" with an opening trunk/hatch to store desk knick knacks as a usable decoration. Just want something to decorate my desk in the showroom and also possibly use to store my BMW specific license plate screws.

Does anyone else make the new G15 generation M850i? Can't seem to find many models of the new 8-series.
s-l1600.jpg

Also considering the F31 3-Series Touring (wagon/estate) since that has an opening hatch. G30 5-Series sedan comes with an opening trunk,
s-l500.jpg

Rather surprised how "reasonable" the prices seem on some of these dealer models, but with the fact that I work at one, I can get an extra discount as an employee.

Working at a BMW dealership now. And since BMW actually has models on offer in their parts department compared to the previous dealers I've worked at, I'm tempted to get one. But kind of struggling to think of which model to order. Kind of want a model of a car that isn't produced in another scale/brand or something "useful" with an opening trunk/hatch to store desk knick knacks as a usable decoration. Just want something to decorate my desk in the showroom and also possibly use to store my BMW specific license plate screws.

Does anyone else make the new G15 generation M850i? Can't seem to find many models of the new 8-series.
s-l1600.jpg

Also considering the F31 3-Series Touring (wagon/estate) since that has an opening hatch. G30 5-Series sedan comes with an opening trunk,
s-l500.jpg

Rather surprised how "reasonable" the prices seem on some of these dealer models, but with the fact that I work at one, I can get an extra discount as an employee.

Only BMW have reasonable dealer boxes. Mercedes, Porsche, Lexus all have insanely expensive dealer edition models.

I was in the the US for the last few weeks on honeymoon, and was surprised when we went to a pharmacy in LA, to see that they sold model cars there. Very cheap, not the most detailed, but a pretty diverse range and a good scale (1/32 I think.)

Knowing we’d be taking our rented Mustang to the Grand Canyon the next day, it didn’t take me long to choose which model car to buy- and I had to get the dirty version.

While I felt pretty silly taking it in front of countless tourists, this photo is for all the guys who’ve been playing Gran Turismo for over a decade! :D
57A69362-3C28-4BF8-95EA-961C278A3A02.jpeg

MSZ
Apple Computer......

I'm tempted by this one. Really am.

But holy moly look who has a new diorama.

While I felt pretty silly taking it in front of countless tourists, this photo is for all the guys who’ve been playing Gran Turismo for over a decade! :D

Well we thank you kindly for doing the brave work of looking foolish for our sake. Your act of service will always be remembered. We will even nominate you for GTP Awards by end of year. :lol:

I like spinning doritos.

Will you just make that Mazda shrine already?

I've not bought a new model in months and I realized that the fun part of scale models was the collecting part. Now that I have what I wanted, the cars just sit in a display case I don't even pay attention to.

What I'm saying is, I think I might get another display case and start buying again. :lol:

I've not bought a new model in months and I realized that the fun part of scale models was the collecting part.

This is me with sought-after items that aren't produced any longer...

What I'm saying is, I think I might get another display case and start buying again. :lol:

...except I resolved this by going the other direction! :lol: Sold 4 recently. I'm close to reaching my goal of keeping only the staples.

Traded a mini Orido Supra for this guy:
]
Mountain%2Bof%2BThings.jpg

"Mountain of Things"

Tried to create the impression of a dock, a newly arrived car, and a huuuuuuuge pile of non-essential stuff I have.​

I'm in a similar camp. I only get one, maybe two every year now because what I like is becoming increasingly more expensive.

Last edited:
Finally talked to the parts department at my work. (A BMW dealership) Turns out the employee pricing was better than I thought. $68 for the recently released BMW models like the M850i coupe, G20 3-Series, X5, X7, and Z4. Meanwhile some of the older models are a bit cheaper. F90 M5 is $66, G12 750i is $61, and the older F31 3-Series wagon is $47. All of them are 1/18s by Norev. Really tempted by the employee pricing. Kind of torn between getting the M850i or F90 M5....

What cars by what brands in what scale are you hopeful for? Unconfirmed release desires.

EDIT - With me for instance, I would like to see a Kyosho 1/64 scale DB11 release. In black.

Last edited:
What cars by what brands in what scale are you hopeful for? Unconfirmed release desires.

EDIT - With me for instance, I would like to see a Kyosho 1/64 scale DB11 release. In black.

TSM announced they were going to make the Honda 2&4 back in 2015. Still hasn't happened.

Almost Real announced a Bentley Blower some years back, and all we've seen are Land Rover and Mercedes SUVs. I'd still like to see a finished product of their Huayra Roadster and Zonda Cinque Roadster. Probably won't pick one up unless I sell off some more models first.

TSM announced they were going to make the Honda 2&4 back in 2015. Still hasn't happened.

Almost Real announced a Bentley Blower some years back, and all we've seen are Land Rover and Mercedes SUVs. I'd still like to see a finished product of their Huayra Roadster and Zonda Cinque Roadster. Probably won't pick one up unless I sell off some more models first.
I hope you eventually get them! Sucks when they pretty much announce a release and never put them out. :/

I'd settle on a Hot Wheels 1/64 Scale DB11 to be honest. I am surprised it hasn't happened, yet to be honest. DB11 came out in what, 2016/17?

@MSZ Would you do it:

TOY-SCL3-13742.jpg

TOY-SCL3-13742_02.jpg

A 1/43 for a very low price of 37000 JPY!

I love that blue, but not 450CAD 1/43 blue.....

I hope you eventually get them! Sucks when they pretty much announce a release and never put them out. :/

I'd settle on a Hot Wheels 1/64 Scale DB11 to be honest. I am surprised it hasn't happened, yet to be honest. DB11 came out in what, 2016/17?

I've purchased a LOT of Kyosho minicars in the last decade. The 1/64 line started to die off in the last several years ever since they gone away from blind boxes. I'm glad they did, because that reduced availability of new products, which made the ease out of the 1/64 collection so much easier.

@MSZ Would you do it:

TOY-SCL3-13742.jpg

TOY-SCL3-13742_02.jpg

A 1/43 for a very low price of 37000 JPY!

I love that blue, but not 450CAD 1/43 blue.....

I've purchased a LOT of Kyosho minicars in the last decade. The 1/64 line started to die off in the last several years ever since they gone away from blind boxes. I'm glad they did, because that reduced availability of new products, which made the ease out of the 1/64 collection so much easier.

That looks ace, but that price tag is in-freaking-sane.

MSZ
That looks ace, but that price tag is in-freaking-sane.

It hurt a lot when I shelled out the amount I paid for the R33. I can't imagine anyone with good reason would justify shelling out THAT much for this scale.

Back