GTPlanet Scale model thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 16,202 comments
  • 1,569,438 views
10C1537B-DB70-4CD8-B628-42DCCE120360.jpeg
 
Nope, don't enjoy them! I LOVE THEM! :eek: :bowdown:

Which company, I mean model maker company is this. The level of detail is unbelievable.
This thread is sooo bad for me. I don't like spending money on things I don't necessarily (but I do sometimes) need but I really, really want car models like these. OMG
 
This is CMC.

Take it with a grain of salt, but i've read some of them are victim of the "Zamac Pest" which after some time make the metal crumble. As an explaination of the recent rise in numbers in the second Hand market.

Zamac Pest is a real bummer in the collecting World, and I don't know to which extent CMC models are concerned but they are.
 
Last edited:
Exoto makes beautiful 260 Cobras in 1/18. It's definitely on my wish list.

I'm aware of Exoto making the best Cobras, but I don't recall them making them with the widebody, which is really what I want. I got rid of my Kyosho because the lip on the wheels were a flat sheet of shiny plastic, cut into a ring shape and glued onto the wheel. It reminded me of cheap toys. It also bubbled too for some reason.

Zamac Pest is a real bummer in the collecting World, and I don't know to which extent CMC models are concerned but they are.
That is why I was more in favour of resin and "ABS composite" route... but even I ended up learning that resin shrinks and pops your windows out.

I've still no idea how I want to tackle fixing some of my Ignitions' windows.
 
Last edited:
That's definitely a steal. The seller must be pretty peeved knowing that they could've made WAY more money on it.
I paid the asking price so he got what he wanted for it.
 
Last edited:
@Ferraridriver27 I am almost scared to think how much you must have paid for that 300SLR :eek:

I got the both of them for 1.000€ including insured shipping. It is a buttload of money, but I see it as kind of an investment.

Zamac Pest is a real bummer in the collecting World, and I don't know to which extent CMC models are concerned but they are.

Yeah, the earlier 300 SL Panamera and "Blaues Wunder" Transporter are known for it. There is a detailed list of affected models and manufacturers over at modelcarforum.de.
 
I went back to my "local" plane shop after 7 years yesterday to see if they had any of the 1:500 scale Herpa models I'm after. They only had a dozen but fortunately one of them was a Thai Airways 787-9. I bought that but I couldn't leave the store without taking a look at the NG (that's the brand) 757-200's in 1:400 scale. I was shown a few of them and I then asked if the had one in the Eastern colours. They did and I was instantly sold.
eJppgAo.jpg

380OgKP.jpg

taGPtlm.jpg

7FW9gWF.jpg

I have to put this in a glass case.
 
Last edited:
Finally arrived, Minichamps 1/18 Porsche 911 (992) GT3 in Shark Blue. Sorry, didn't take many pics. It's very nice, far better than your average sealed Minichamps model.

51185414429_5743193c29_b.jpg
There is not much to say but this :bowdown:.

What a beauty, and I mean that.


EDIT: I can't find this 1/18 Porsche on their website. :(
 
Last edited:
EDIT: I can't find this 1/18 Porsche on their website. :(
I got it on ck-modelcars.de, but it sold out almost immediately there. I am not sure of other reputable model shops online that have it.

And, sadly, since it is such a limited model (1 of 911) it will fetch absurd prices on Ebay now.
 
Porsche dealers still have a few if you have a Porsche Center nearby.
 
There is not much to say but this :bowdown:.

What a beauty, and I mean that.


EDIT: I can't find this 1/18 Porsche on their website. :(

You won't find this on PMA's website since this is a dealer model.
 
I've started going through some plastic totes full of my 1/18 scale cars that have been in storage since I moved 10 years ago. I ditched the boxes and stands years ago, so I wrapped them as well as I could in newspaper. Most are cheapo Walmart specials, but some of the nicer ones (UT, Autoart, etc.) I'd like to put them back on a shelf again. A few of them are either falling apart from age, or didn't survive the move (minor stuff, none are completely trashed).

Is there a website where I can get parts to restore these? (wheels, windshield wipers, etc.) Or am I on my own?
 
I really regret not buying the Spark 1/43 VW GTI TCR in the launch factory livery. :indiff: Only one I've come across was in Greece on eBay for $130... Guessing once Spark models go out production, it's hard to find them. There's always the other liveries, but for some reason I really want this one specifically. Any other places to look that might have a more reasonable price?


DxBjI_4X4AAYk1z.jpg

You are in luck :

https://ck-modelcars.de/fr/ubh-1-43...ge-blanc-vw-motorsport-5gv099300f645/p-68952/


It's back in stock, remembered your post when I saw it.


Also got this 1/43 F40 from TopMarques which is really great in this Pozzi Blue

 
I'm so glad I found this as I recenlty started my own collection in the 1:18 scale. I've got mostly Bburago and Maisto models, they're good enough for me at the moment.
Picture quality isn't that good, sorry about that.
167689319_3831125583634847_9219466422214609208_n.jpg
169342130_3845909168823155_6230158966414955382_n.jpg
169944524_3845908888823183_2607092205785203782_n.jpg
171575078_3855370197877052_7500684538400571342_n.jpg
173999542_3906601749420563_7341529629905131726_n.jpg
178086726_3903779389702799_4823713964533013872_n.jpg
183571949_3936837886396949_8706264916274257216_n.jpg
190500012_3991737777573626_6279921334166020831_n.jpg
IMG_20210601_195305.jpg
IMG_20210604_220826.jpg
 
I just bought this R34 by Solido today for 35$ new and I have to say that it does look quite decent considering the price.
IMG_20210608_213655.jpg

IMG_20210608_213823.jpg
IMG_20210608_213936.jpg
IMG_20210608_214000.jpg
IMG_20210608_214034.jpg
 
Last edited:
Those models are beauties Venom. Love that Nissan.

Solido is making some solid (lol) budget releases. I need to get a few more myself...
Solido is great, been eyeing a few models myself from them. They may not be perfect, but they are darn good at the price point. My complaint is that they tend to have a slightly oversized steering wheel in the models, which is odd but easy to overlook at the price.

Would like to get a E36 M3 Lightweight from Solido.
solido_1_18_bmw_m3_e36_coupe_lightweight_year_1990.jpg
 
Last edited:
I had sold a crummy Kyosho Cobra in the past... but they've redone some of the parts for a refreshed release:

ky_08047-26-650x320.jpg


...and I am pleased to see the wheels aren't chrome plastic. The engine parts appear to have more than just a single-coloured plastic. The dk blue isn't the same metallic blue I fell in love with, but we'll see.

This along with some Land Cruise BJs and Kenmeris https://diecastsociety.com/kyosho-new-diecast-nissan-shelby-toyota/

Edit: better yet: 2021 Catalog of Kyoshos: https://www.docdroid.net/eG2H3ey/kyosho-catalogue-2021-pdf

If the amount of parts on the 1:12 Cobra is found in the 1:18 (obviously scaled down), I think I would break my commitment for this.
 
Last edited:
That TOMICA Silhouette Skyline looks awesome! I would love to have one of these in my collection someday.
 
You know how to choose your cars @Kedmasterz.

Nice. What scale is it? 1/18?
 
Thanks! As usual with me it's always 1/43, i don't limit myself and I like the small aspect in modelcars. :)

I used to collect 1/18 10 years ago, mostly AutoArt/Kyosho/Exoto but sold everything.
 
Last edited:
Back