GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
Nope, don't enjoy them! I LOVE THEM! :eek: :bowdown:

Which company, I mean model maker company is this. The level of detail is unbelievable.
This thread is sooo bad for me. I don't like spending money on things I don't necessarily (but I do sometimes) need but I really, really want car models like these. OMG

This is CMC.

Take it with a grain of salt, but i've read some of them are victim of the "Zamac Pest" which after some time make the metal crumble. As an explaination of the recent rise in numbers in the second Hand market.

Zamac Pest is a real bummer in the collecting World, and I don't know to which extent CMC models are concerned but they are.

Last edited:
Exoto makes beautiful 260 Cobras in 1/18. It's definitely on my wish list.

I'm aware of Exoto making the best Cobras, but I don't recall them making them with the widebody, which is really what I want. I got rid of my Kyosho because the lip on the wheels were a flat sheet of shiny plastic, cut into a ring shape and glued onto the wheel. It reminded me of cheap toys. It also bubbled too for some reason.

Zamac Pest is a real bummer in the collecting World, and I don't know to which extent CMC models are concerned but they are.
That is why I was more in favour of resin and "ABS composite" route... but even I ended up learning that resin shrinks and pops your windows out.

I've still no idea how I want to tackle fixing some of my Ignitions' windows.

Last edited:
@Ferraridriver27 I am almost scared to think how much you must have paid for that 300SLR :eek:

I got the both of them for 1.000€ including insured shipping. It is a buttload of money, but I see it as kind of an investment.

Yeah, the earlier 300 SL Panamera and "Blaues Wunder" Transporter are known for it. There is a detailed list of affected models and manufacturers over at modelcarforum.de.

I went back to my "local" plane shop after 7 years yesterday to see if they had any of the 1:500 scale Herpa models I'm after. They only had a dozen but fortunately one of them was a Thai Airways 787-9. I bought that but I couldn't leave the store without taking a look at the NG (that's the brand) 757-200's in 1:400 scale. I was shown a few of them and I then asked if the had one in the Eastern colours. They did and I was instantly sold.
eJppgAo.jpg

380OgKP.jpg

taGPtlm.jpg

7FW9gWF.jpg

I have to put this in a glass case.

Last edited:
Finally arrived, Minichamps 1/18 Porsche 911 (992) GT3 in Shark Blue. Sorry, didn't take many pics. It's very nice, far better than your average sealed Minichamps model.

51185414429_5743193c29_b.jpg
There is not much to say but this :bowdown:.

What a beauty, and I mean that.

EDIT: I can't find this 1/18 Porsche on their website. :(

Last edited:
EDIT: I can't find this 1/18 Porsche on their website. :(
I got it on ck-modelcars.de, but it sold out almost immediately there. I am not sure of other reputable model shops online that have it.

And, sadly, since it is such a limited model (1 of 911) it will fetch absurd prices on Ebay now.

I've started going through some plastic totes full of my 1/18 scale cars that have been in storage since I moved 10 years ago. I ditched the boxes and stands years ago, so I wrapped them as well as I could in newspaper. Most are cheapo Walmart specials, but some of the nicer ones (UT, Autoart, etc.) I'd like to put them back on a shelf again. A few of them are either falling apart from age, or didn't survive the move (minor stuff, none are completely trashed).

Is there a website where I can get parts to restore these? (wheels, windshield wipers, etc.) Or am I on my own?

I really regret not buying the Spark 1/43 VW GTI TCR in the launch factory livery. :indiff: Only one I've come across was in Greece on eBay for $130... Guessing once Spark models go out production, it's hard to find them. There's always the other liveries, but for some reason I really want this one specifically. Any other places to look that might have a more reasonable price?

DxBjI_4X4AAYk1z.jpg

You are in luck :

https://ck-modelcars.de/fr/ubh-1-43...ge-blanc-vw-motorsport-5gv099300f645/p-68952/

It's back in stock, remembered your post when I saw it.

Also got this 1/43 F40 from TopMarques which is really great in this Pozzi Blue

Those models are beauties Venom. Love that Nissan.

Solido is making some solid (lol) budget releases. I need to get a few more myself...
Solido is great, been eyeing a few models myself from them. They may not be perfect, but they are darn good at the price point. My complaint is that they tend to have a slightly oversized steering wheel in the models, which is odd but easy to overlook at the price.

Would like to get a E36 M3 Lightweight from Solido.
solido_1_18_bmw_m3_e36_coupe_lightweight_year_1990.jpg

Last edited:
I had sold a crummy Kyosho Cobra in the past... but they've redone some of the parts for a refreshed release:

ky_08047-26-650x320.jpg

...and I am pleased to see the wheels aren't chrome plastic. The engine parts appear to have more than just a single-coloured plastic. The dk blue isn't the same metallic blue I fell in love with, but we'll see.

This along with some Land Cruise BJs and Kenmeris https://diecastsociety.com/kyosho-new-diecast-nissan-shelby-toyota/

Edit: better yet: 2021 Catalog of Kyoshos: https://www.docdroid.net/eG2H3ey/kyosho-catalogue-2021-pdf

If the amount of parts on the 1:12 Cobra is found in the 1:18 (obviously scaled down), I think I would break my commitment for this.

Last edited:
Thanks! As usual with me it's always 1/43, i don't limit myself and I like the small aspect in modelcars. :)

I used to collect 1/18 10 years ago, mostly AutoArt/Kyosho/Exoto but sold everything.

Last edited:
Back