GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
Do show us (me) show good photos of those P1 tail lights when you get around to it!
Best I could really do of the tail light, the P1 has really hard to photo tail lights lol

Though now that I think about it, I should have placed my AUTOart P1 next to it for comparison...

Anyway the rest of the quick studio shots:
Almost Real 2015 McLaren P1 GTR:

AUTOart 2017 Ford GT:

GMP 1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee:

AUTOart 2015 Koenigsegg Agera RS:

AUTOart 1989 Mercedes-Benz 500SEC AMG:

Norev 1999 Mercedes-Benz SL500:

My latest, a 1/18 scale Porsche 964 Carrera 4 Lightweight from GT Spirit. It's a fairly obscure 911 in real life, but fits in to my collection well.

51248825136_99cb9632a4_b.jpg

Best I could really do of the tail light, the P1 has really hard to photo tail lights lol

Though now that I think about it, I should have placed my AUTOart P1 next to it for comparison...

Thank you for this. It has been a while but I think this ask stemmed from the TSM's P1 tail lights being non-existent to quote what people claimed. Something about the AR's lights irk me as well.

Thank you for this. It has been a while but I think this ask stemmed from the TSM's P1 tail lights being non-existent to quote what people claimed. Something about the AR's lights irk me as well.
Maybe I will get some pics of the AR and AA P1's side by side when I get a chance.

Just got this AMG GT3 Evo from the 2020 Nürburgring 24h, made by Spark, 1/43.

I'm not huge on the AMG GT3, but this one is pretty! Recently I watched some IMSA Qualifier and noticed this one:

28-alegra-motorsports-mercedes-1.jpg

#28 Alegra Motorsport. LOVE the black/gold/red. Just checked the shops and it doesn't look like one exists as a minicar yet.

Spark race cars from various GT3 races usually release 1 year after the race, this year we are starting to get 2020 racing cars.

Are any of you into building plastic scale model kits?

I haven't built a model kit in over 30 years but I've been toying with the idea recently & have been looking at some of the builders on YouTube.
Some of them are happy to build the kit as it comes but others are right into up-detailing & customising what they feel the kit needs.

Are any of you into building plastic scale model kits?

I haven't built a model kit in over 30 years but I've been toying with the idea recently & have been looking at some of the builders on YouTube.
Some of them are happy to build the kit as it comes but others are right into up-detailing & customising what they feel the kit needs.

Haven't bought a 1:18 in years. But just had to get this thing because it's the same model and color scheme as my car. 😊 (Please excuse the dirty cardboard backdrop)

View attachment 1068634

View attachment 1068635
Awesome! I've been trying for years to get one that matches mine but it's either just the GT or it's a GT-p but with stripes instead of the badges or it's the wrong year. I've even thought of having a go at painting one myself but I'm not overly confident that I can pull that off.

There's a Biante 1/18 2003 Ford BA Falcon FPV GT-P Sedan Blue Pearl one at Albury Hobby Centre I've had bookmarked for a while now and it's not too badly priced ($150+ shipping).

It's close right?:scared:

ford-falcon-fpv-gt-biante-18-dark_1_e9335fde415647ec6310c9edcac6d306.jpg

😢

1.png

Last edited:
There's a Biante 1/18 2003 Ford BA Falcon FPV GT-P Sedan Blue Pearl one at Albury Hobby Centre I've had bookmarked for a while now and it's not too badly priced ($150+ shipping).
Price sounds reasonable but it really surprises me that there's never been an plain black (iirc, yours is black, right? 😅 ) GT-P produced. Might be better off going for one the correct color with stripes? Hopefully someone will make one down the track. 🤞

Last edited:
Price sounds reasonable but it really surprises me that there's never been an plain black (iirc, yours is black, right? 😅 ) GT-P produced. Might be better off going for one the correct color with stripes? Hopefully someone will make one down the track. 🤞
Yep, black... or Silhouette by it's factory name. it's a sort of black metallic colour with blue flecks through it. The problem with going the correct colour is that they're the wrong year so they have different mags and my year only has one exhaust outlet. The only one I've ever found to in the correct configuration has been a Biante mini (1/64 scale) which doesn't really interest me as my other diecasts are 1/18 and 1/43. But even that is incorrectly tagged as a 2002 model, which irks me no end, possibly more than it should [insert embarrassed emoji here] considering there was no BA FPV 2002 model (while some were built in late 2002 they weren't released till 2003 :confused::lol:).

qq.png

I've been looking on and off since 2005 when I bought my car with no luck and as the diecasts for my particular model are getting rarer all the time it's hard not to jump at the dark blue one. Maybe I could display it in a dark case :dopey:

Never thought I'd say this.... but the carbon fiber pulls it all together.

Also, if for any reason you need to let go of the silver CLK GTR from GTS, I'm your man.

it's a sort of black metallic colour with blue flecks through it.
Oh, wow. Thought it was just plain black going off what I could remember from pics you've posted over the years. Must look great in the sun when it's all nice and clean (which being a dark color car I assume lasts for about, 10 minutes? 🤪😂). 👍
I've been looking on and off since 2005 when I bought my car with no luck and as the diecasts for my particular model are getting rarer all the time it's hard not to jump at the dark blue one. Maybe I could display it in a dark case :dopey:
Sounds like the dark blue might be the best bet for now. There's another version of the VC that Biante did years back that's black and silver. Ended up getting that when it was released because I figured it was going to as close as I was ever going to get to mine in the big scale. Luckily there aren't as many visual differences between the old VB/VC models as there obviously are with FPV's. 😅

Last edited:
I always wonder what the scale of all the models posted in this thread is. Not really important but it's nice to know.

Back