Ignition Model 1/43 Nissan S30 Fairlady Z:

True Scale Miniatures 1/43 Aston Martin V8 Vantage:

Hi-Story 1/43 Mazda ND1 Roadster RF:

Make Up Vision 1/43 Mazda ND2 Roadster RF 30th Anniversary:

Fujimi 1/43 Lamborghini Aventador LP700:

Last edited:
Some pictures of both new additions and older models:

AUTOart 1/18 Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota:
Man, I want one of these bad, but not sure I will get anything outside my theme of models that I collect. The SE30 is my favorite Diablo and this color is the best on it. Apparently (and I had no idea until just now) the color is officially called "Lambo Thirty", interesting.

20220526_165326.jpg

If this isnt allowed then mods please delete:

Does anyone have any use for these? Free to a good home. I bought them for the 1/18 ferrari I'm fixing up but they are 1/24 I would say. I'm in the UK so would prefer to post them within the UK!

^ I've been looking up many motorsport liveries for inspiration to design a livery for my IRL car. Can't help but be compelled by the circular swirls on the bonnet.

If this isnt allowed then mods please delete:

Does anyone have any use for these? Free to a good home. I bought them for the 1/18 ferrari I'm fixing up but they are 1/24 I would say. I'm in the UK so would prefer to post them within the UK!

I don't have a use for those at this time, but I appreciate you reaching out to offer them though.
Some pictures of both new additions and older models:

Ignition Model 1/18 Nismo 400R:

Thanks for the photos. I think my Ignition honeymoon phase is fully over now. I'm not crazy excited by them anymore like I used to be 5 years ago. The other day I started thinking about a white FC with silver BBS wheels (which I think they already released several years ago), but I talked myself dow nto modding a Hot Wheels to address that fix.

Is there a retro JDM car that you'd like to see from them they haven't made?

^ I've been looking up many motorsport liveries for inspiration to design a livery for my IRL car. Can't help but be compelled by the circular swirls on the bonnet.

I don't have a use for those at this time, but I appreciate you reaching out to offer them though.

Thanks for the photos. I think my Ignition honeymoon phase is fully over now. I'm not crazy excited by them anymore like I used to be 5 years ago. The other day I started thinking about a white FC with silver BBS wheels (which I think they already released several years ago), but I talked myself dow nto modding a Hot Wheels to address that fix.

Is there a retro JDM car that you'd like to see from them they haven't made?
I mainly just get Mazdas now from IG, lol. The 400R though essentially replaced my damaged yellow Otto 400R. They haven't had a ton of new releases that I really want though. As far as stuff I'd like them to make... probably a Eunos Cosmo, cuz rotary. While not old, some ND Miatas, preferably a RF with the Rocket Bunny kit would be nice. Also a Mitsubishi Starion would be cool.

Last edited:
I really hate that I found this thread. I got rid of all of my die cast models years ago. I had 20-25 Auto art models, a few Maisto, and the rest were either Hot Wheels or another brand. It was starting to get expensive.

But now, coming in this thread, I've been looking at them, again. But I've been looking at only race cars (Le Mans, DTM, JGTC, F1, etc.) I really hope I don't get the bug, again. I don't have the room, anymore.

Last edited:
I wanted to buy my sister a Sebastian Vettel f1 model for her birthday (she’s a huge fan). I was hoping if I could get some help or recommendations? I saw diecastlegends has many, but not sure which one to get and most are pre-orders.

Last edited:
I wanted to buy my sister a Sebastian Vettel f1 model for her birthday (she’s a huge fan). I was hoping if I could get some help or recommendations? I saw diecastlegends has many, but not sure which one to get and most are pre-orders.

I personally would buy this one, it is a Ferrari and it is a race winning car.

If you are looking at getting an AMR22 then they might be released later in the year. Do you know if she is after any particular memorabilia? Soon as he won his first championship in your home city, a limited edition RB6 model might be of interest?

Did a quick search on eBay and found these listings which offer delivery to UAE. The 1/18 scale model is an auction so might get it for a reasonable price bidding for it.

Minichamps 410100105-red bull rb6 vettel world champion abu dhabi 2010 1/43
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185406371427

1/18 Minichamps Red Bull Racing RB6 S.Vettel #5 ABU DHABI GP 2010 World Champion Limited Edition 7,500 pcs.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165531096736

Model diecast formula 1 helmet red bull Minichamps 1:8 Vettel 2010 model
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125266255401

I used to have the Sebastian and the Webber Redbull F1 from 2012. It's a Majorette, so it's the tiny ones. More a toy car than a race car. If she doesn't have space for something big like a 1:18, you could look for that.

Last edited:
I really hate that I found this thread. I got rid of all of my die cast models years ago. I had 20-25 Auto art models, a few Maisto, and the rest were either Hot Wheels or another brand. It was starting to get expensive.

But now, coming in this thread, I've been looking at them, again. But I've been looking at only race cars (Le Mans, DTM, JGTC, F1, etc.) I really hope I don't get the bug, again. I don't have the room, anymore.

I'm in a similar position, except I haven't sold all mine yet, although I will be. It was partly the cost and space that made me stop, but mainly the realisation that no matter how many models I had, it would never be enough.

Roo
I'm in a similar position, except I haven't sold all mine yet, although I will be. It was partly the cost and space that made me stop, but mainly the realisation that no matter how many models I had, it would never be enough.
I started to have the same realization, so I sold a good chunk of my collection a few years back after feeling like it was out of hand. But, rather than selling them all and ending the hobby, I set strict rules for my collection and focused on the ones I really wanted in a theme rather than buying any and all cars I liked.

Easier said than done to set limits, I suppose, but I can understand how easy it is to buy too much and losing the interest in the hobby.

Every 6 months I have some kind of « introspection » about my collection, like selling some or stuff and every time I’d just keep going as usual after 1-2 weeks of break in stuff 🙃

Now going on 750+ 1/43 I feel my next « what the hell » about collecting will be when I reach 1000 😐

Ps: it’s been a long time I haven’t posted in here, didn’t have much time this year, but I still get new models on a weekly basis so maybe I will make some kind of best of post; if people are interested ☺️

Ps: it’s been a long time I haven’t posted in here, didn’t have much time this year, but I still get new models on a weekly basis so maybe I will make some kind of best of post; if people are interested ☺️
I am interested, your collection has always been nice to see. :cool:

I like the screening found in the trunk. Unexpected surprise!

Roo
but mainly the realisation that no matter how many models I had, it would never be enough.

I was like this at first with a mindset like: "I'll never own the real thing. Getting a model replica is a cheaper alternative. I like this car, so I have to get a model of this. Oh I like that car. I have to get a model of that."

Really made me think about which cars I truly liked the most. There's a lot of good looking cars, but there are even less that mean a lot for me. Now I'm sticking with cars that have a special place.

Which is why I recently sold off this Corvette Stingray Grand Sport I had touched up with decals it was missing:

IMG_5232.jpg

IMG_5239.jpg

I've come to like the blue/yellow combo, the low and straight profile that most roadsters have, but the model is pretty damn shabby and I needed to freed up display cases for other projects I still have yet to start. I'll have more photos to share later of the 964 RWB.

Last edited:
Of course I had to find a vendor selling diecasts at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Quite the anxiety trip trying to bring them back with our carry-on luggage. Spent more than I thought I would for this trip, but glad I didn't quite pay crazy eBay prices. Ranging from 80-150 GBP.

Solido MK4 Supra Targa, AutoArt Evo VI, and Kyosho E46 M3 CSL
291055298_10229018408104272_4848788841464580383_n.jpg

UT Model Alfa Romeo 155 DTM and AutoArt Nissan Skyline GT500
291974028_10229018408704287_5538846364003700822_n.jpg

AutoArt Corolla WRC and AutoArt Impreza WRC (Monte Carlo Rally Richard Burns)
291967494_10229018409024295_7202547870025011791_n.jpg

Thinking I might have to start downsizing as I keep telling myself... Probably will have to get rid of my 1/24 scale models.

This arrived today:
Of course I had to find a vendor selling diecasts at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Quite the anxiety trip trying to bring them back with our carry-on luggage. Spent more than I thought I would for this trip, but glad I didn't quite pay crazy eBay prices. Ranging from 80-150 GBP.

Solido MK4 Supra Targa, AutoArt Evo VI, and Kyosho E46 M3 CSL

UT Model Alfa Romeo 155 DTM and AutoArt Nissan Skyline GT500

AutoArt Corolla WRC and AutoArt Impreza WRC (Monte Carlo Rally Richard Burns)

Can we expect some bomb photos of these, you two?!

If you have a lighter background, say a white one, you could get more diffused light on all sides and bring out the lighter bits of that purple.

Purple cars are trickier to photograph for whatever reason.

If you have a lighter background, say a white one, you could get more diffused light on all sides and bring out the lighter bits of that purple.

Purple cars are trickier to photograph for whatever reason.
I might give white backgrounds a try sometime soon. Been meaning to try but I just haven't bothered. Also would help with all my other darker color cars.

Yeah guy. I hate that it's like this. Here's some shots I've taken where I was able to get the colour to pop a lot more

overview.jpg

almost%2Bposter.jpg

And here's one where I aimed to get in more shadows, but the colour just comes out dull.

doubles.jpg

3%253A4.jpg

But if you have access to a immense light source that you can diffuse, you may be able to get something well-lit in a very dark setting:

frunk.jpg

Took a trip down memory lane through my photos and I'm still blown away how fantastic this Zonda was. :drool: I'm slowly developing the ragrats that I sold it the more I look at it.

I love using a dark background with strong lighting for an intense mood, and it's one of those things I'm slowly figuring out. Here's my latest set of the 964 I recently sold:

IMG_1425_blue.png

Light-painting, 1 shot, over a laminate tabletop surface. Probably about 30 attempts were made since I didn't want to stack photos.

IMG_1428.png

This one was hard to pull off as it was easy to wash out areas with light on certain body panels. I played around with the idea of having a strong area of shadows on the hood of the car while keeping a streak of highlight running down the length of the car. Couldn't figure out the exact path to take with the light to make it happen. It just kept taking a diagonal line across the hood. When I did that though, the side was nearly all black, so I had to take a second shot from the side just to light up the spokes a bit along with whatever body panels ends up being lit.

I might go back and try my older models again later down the road. The shop lamp back in 2016 made it easy for presentation photos, but I don't get to set the intensity like I did with that last shot above.

I've been meaning to get one of these for the last 20 years, and today one popped up on Marketplace less than ten minutes from home. Getting a box fresh Kyosho for less than it retailed at new (I paid £35) was music to my ears!

rsz_20220802_191500.png
rsz_20220802_191453.png

Always wanted the black on red dealer model, but this Pistachio one was forever on the list, too.

Back