GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
Being in this hobby always makes me remember how poor I am. I would love to grab a few models now, and put together some kind of diorama. But at my preferred 1/43 scale, it would get very pricey.

I've been working away from my studio and then on holiday, but I did sneak time to get some pics of the Compact. Just haven't had the time to edit them (the way models attract dust is like some awful curse.)

rsz_kyosho_bmw_325ti_compact-2.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
20221007_110634.jpg

Some new additions. Getting really short on space now so these will be the last ones for quite some while. Got my first Otto (Laguna) and I was really surprised at how thin the windows are. First Solidos too (RS500 and E30) and pleasantly surprised with them

few cool stuff that I got from the last 6 months; couldn't post everything but here are the ones that got their pictures taken :D

So let's start with a couple of Martini Porsche, 917LH & 908/03

Some Group.A Goodness from Asia , Sierra RS500, 190E, M3

Purple racing Porsche, Carrera RS 3.0 & another GT3 R ( number 14 in my collection :odd: )

And road version

Luxo Barges AMG coupes from he 90s , CL70 & 300CE 6.0

Couple of wild Lambo

A cool Alfa

More Porsche

And the Manthey Racing Specials

Racing Mercedes

A Spyker because why not

Some 70/80 good vibes

And to finish off ; some serious machinery

and bonus; the one that came this morning

Last edited:
View attachment 1198361

Some new additions. Getting really short on space now so these will be the last ones for quite some while. Got my first Otto (Laguna) and I was really surprised at how thin the windows are. First Solidos too (RS500 and E30) and pleasantly surprised with them

If you're new to resin models, most of them will have thin windows. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to wedge thick plastic into the skinny window frames made of brittle material.

Is this the one you mean? 1:18 Solido.
Close, but not quite, that is a standard Carrera not an RS. The RS version is not available in blue as far as I know, only white, red and green.

Still may get that Solido, though.

Last edited:
Got a good deal on a pair of Porsche GT2 EVO racers. First is the Playstation/Gran Turismo liveried Le Mans racer from 1998 made by GT Spirit and the second is the STP/Champion liveried car which raced at Daytona in 1996 made by UT Models.

52442412270_d765b95e46_b.jpg

And the final model to finish my “Porsche 911 RS” 1/18 scale collection with the addition of a 964 Carrera RS America from GT Spirit. I set out about a decade ago to collect each Porsche 911 which has the “RS” designation and fortunately each real car has now been made in scale model form to date, not including a few super obscure cars and of course the newest car.

52438629728_32e6c3ac39_b.jpg

Hello all, here's a project that didn't start until 8 years later for many reasons, but I'm happy to share it with y'all today:

IG%20cover.jpg

quarter%20front.jpg

front.jpg

profile.JPG

quarter%20rear.jpg

rear.jpg

top%20quarter%20rear.jpg

What isn't captured in photos is that the tail lights had a lot of silver which I've blackened to help the red Y's stand out, and the crappy silver plastic rotors were wrapped in bare metal foil to look like metal. Didn't touch the interior bits, and didn't bother to address the orange peel finish. The weather is getting colder, and for whatever reason, paint tends to chip really easily if I use the primer I use.

Last edited:
The weather is getting colder, and for whatever reason, paint tends to chip really easily if I use the primer I use.
Humidity messes up a paint job nice and proper.

That is a cool looking model you’ve made there. How difficult was getting a smooth paint finish?

@Venom800tt Ooh, is that the Almost Real Zonda F? Kind of tempted by it, especially where it's on sale at Diecastmodelwholesale for $300, instead of $440.

Side note, on a more budget minded thing.... It seems like some folks are finding the new Maisto models at the big bulk stores like BJ's, Sam's Club, and Costco? As I hear, they pop up around the holiday season and folks in the 1/18 Fanatics Facebook group have been finding a lot of the recent Maisto models. Might have a look locally, hoping to find the Maisto 992 GT3 and Lamborghini Vision GT.

@Venom800tt Ooh, is that the Almost Real Zonda F? Kind of tempted by it, especially where it's on sale at Diecastmodelwholesale for $300, instead of $440.

Side note, on a more budget minded thing.... It seems like some folks are finding the new Maisto models at the big bulk stores like BJ's, Sam's Club, and Costco? As I hear, they pop up around the holiday season and folks in the 1/18 Fanatics Facebook group have been finding a lot of the recent Maisto models. Might have a look locally, hoping to find the Maisto 992 GT3 and Lamborghini Vision GT.
Yep, it is indeed the Almost Real Zonda F, which I did get on sale.
And yeah, the big bulk stores generally stock Maisto/Bburago models around September or October, and usually keep them stocked till around January. I haven't looked myself recently (don't have any memberships to those stores), but I have seen people find some interesting models at those stores.

I managed to find one for even cheaper in China, $262 shipped.

Still waiting for its arrival though. I will post some pics of it once I have it.

Last edited:
so Ignition finally decided to release non-tuner S2000s.

TOY-SCL3-49221.jpg

TOY-SCL3-49221_03.jpg

TOY-SCL3-49222_02.jpg

TOY-SCL3-49223_01.jpg

And the top comes off. This is news to me!

Still available for preorder:
Blue - https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=TOY-SCL3-49222
Red - https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=TOY-SCL3-49223
Silver - https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10932428

Humidity messes up a paint job nice and proper.

That is a cool looking model you’ve made there. How difficult was getting a smooth paint finish?
It's possible is was the humidity. I think it's because I didn't rough up the surfaces before hand. I tend to be rather lousy during the prepping phase of a paint job.

And thank you!

Smooth paint? Hah. It isn't smooth at all! Not when you use general aerosol spray paint! If setting up an airbrush wasn't such a hassle, I'd have said super easy. Using aerosol cans on a scale model just means I can't spray thicker coats to allow the paint to settle itself into something smooth. I'd have to do more thinner coats, which if you had the aerosol can positioned too far away gets you the satin/matte surface. Something I could've done to make it smooth was to go thicker on the clear coat, and then wetsand and polish the surfaces. But the weather was too cold to spray any paint so I closed it up, called it done, and am moving on to the next item on the backlog.

Last edited:
I have an airbrush and compressor and I think I’ve used it once. So much easier to paint with a rattle can.

Very happy with these two recent purchases.

First is a 1/18 Porsche 3.2 Carrera Clubsport from GT Spirit's early days. I've been looking a while for one, but any that did pop up went for too much on Ebay. This one I got brand new, unopened, for a suspiciously low price and it arrived not a scam. :D

52519850493_c30fa61d2e_b.jpg

Second is a 1/18 Porsche 2.4 911 S from Schuco in a gorgeous blue I got on sale. Opening parts, great quality and super cheap? Score.

52519779225_499dc0218d_b.jpg

Back