GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,734 comments
Stock is the stock number of that car, not the number produced. Since the one you have is a regular edition, it is unknown how many were made. AV-Average National selling price OFB-Selling out of Box -No Box, No stand, Loose

Originally posted by bondy_1625
here are some pics of the latest edition to my collection which now makes 20 in total!! its a 1969 shelby mustang gt500 convertable made by ertl

in the box it came in
291103-100_0410.jpg

bubble wrap too!!
291103-100_0411.jpg

out of bubble wrap
291103-100_0412.jpg

side view
291103-100_0415.jpg

out of initial box
291103-100_0416.jpg

and ill upload the other 2 2moro cos there is now a limit of 5 uploads per user per day on uploadit.org

edit: here are the other 2

301103-100_0418.jpg

301103-100_0422.jpg

Just want to say, You have got yourself a real car there friend! Something that any real road man would like to own and drive.

Originally posted by richsplace
Just want to say, You have got yourself a real car there friend! Something that any real road man would like to own and drive.
:D i saw it and i just couldnt resist:lol: and im getting more into old american muscle cars now as mylast few have been pre-1970

If you think about it, no matter what your age or space in life, If you love cars for the "ART" form that they can represent.....then you can appreciate any year, make or model, provided it strikes you as art in your eyes. Another thing that happens to us 'car nuts' is that we also associate good times, cool stuff, and in general, situations that we were involved in with cars that we remember as being some of the better times of our life. This is all natural, and if you compare it to the stuff that some people worship, then we are much more stable than most, we are different, but that's O.K. too! Salude, Cheers, and best wishes for the Holiday Season to come.
Rich.......

PS I thought I would attach a picture of my Hot Wheels '32 Duece I am in process with. Just for the fun of it. As you can see, at this stage, I've just channeled the body down over the frame. It's come a long way since then, but I don't have a current pic. Maybe later.

Attachments

• 32 motor wheels-4-forum.jpg
    32 motor wheels-4-forum.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 157
Hey guys, I was wondering how good the quality is on the AutoArt models. My parents are getting me the GranTurismo Skyline R34, and my girlfriend is thinking about getting me an IS300 from them. So how good are they compared to other manufacturers...like Maisto? Just wondering, cuz 3 of my other 5 cars are Maisto...and for the most part, they are fairly well made. But autoart costs so much more, so I am wondering what they are paying for.

Originally posted by ShobThaBob
Hey guys, I was wondering how good the quality is on the AutoArt models.
This Viper is an AutoArt model. I can't compare it to Maisto 'cos I don't have any, but the quality of the AutoArt models I have is really good.

I don't own an AutoArt vehicle yet, but have seen a couple and they are a step or two above the other makes. I own Some by Yatming (1=18 Collection), RC2 (Ertl-American Muscle and Racing Champions), Revell, Maisto, Hot Wheels and Playing Mantis (Johnny Lightning). I have found these to a be comparable in detail with some exceptions between models. For instance, most have doors, hoods, and/or trunks that open and steerable front wheels, but only the Johnny Lightning has the engine wired. Autoart goes a step or two above that and make some really nice diecast. If we all post some pics of some of the ones we own along with our descriptions concerning detail, paint quality, etc. then maybe we can learn from each other. Anyway, it could be alot of fun. Give it some thought, and as we learn to take good pics and write good copy, then some of us could start careers with the model magazines and such. Latter.
Catch you all on the flip side.
Rich........

I have models from Bburago, Maisto, UT and Autoart and Auotart's quality and detail is far and away the best, and their model's are deservedly more expensive.

For instance, the Gran Turismo BNR34 that has been mentioned in this thread from Autoart has Brembo brakes with tiny Brembo insignia, the engine bay is accurately coloured with several paints, the vented bonnet has genuine vent-slots, the glass in the doors (though plastic) is completely frameless as in the real Skyline, there are tiny seat belt buckles front AND back (made from some chromed plastic and then with plastic seat belt threaded through) and the interior (including the boot) is fully carpeted. Awesome. :D

On top of that you get the full opening/shutting boot/bonnet/doors, tiny pedals and working steering on just about every other 1:18 scale model car.

I would say, however, that paint is not always perfect (though certainly better quality than other companies' models) and if you can have a look for any defects if that worries you.

From the perspective of a model as something to see everyday and appreciate, the greatest factor for me in choosing Autoart would be the fantastic detail, in particular the fact that all the parts are wel-machined and fit together perfectly so that all shut-lines (between body and doors, bonnet, boot etc) are really quite small and don't disrupt the car's shape.

Companies like Autoart also have the advantage of making some really cool cars that other companies don't bother with (or don't have a licence for?) such as racecars, older cars, more familiar/everyday cars, Japanese cars etc.

BTW. Does anyone know what companies make 1:18 scale models of the Ferrari Enzo? At the Sydney motorshow, the Ferrari stand was selling these models, but made by HotWheels (which is not a brand I am particularly familair with when it comes to this sort of model). Is this exlcusive?

I think it is. I've got a few 1:18 Hot wheels, the general fit&finish is a equal or above that of Maisto. The limited choices of models you get is a bit of a turndown, though.

I have quite a few Autoart models in my collection and I have to say that they are one of the top companies out there. Dollar for dollar Autoart and Kyosho are the two best companies that make diecast.

Exoto is probally the leader in the diecast scene, but with price running $150+, they are not for everyone.

Here are a few pics of some of my Autoarts.

fa51b9c9.jpg

fb5ebfe1.jpg

fb5ebe88.jpg

fb4dc0bf.jpg

fb5eb886.jpg

ALL MID ENGINED :)

UT Mclaren F1
Bburago Ferrari 360 Modena
Hot wheels Ferrari Enzo
Motormax Saleen S7
UT Porsche 911 GT1 street
Yat ming Volkwagen W12 Nardo
Maisto Ford GT90
Hot Wheels Cadillac cien
Bburago Ferrari F50
Maisto Jaguar XJ220
Chrono Lotus GT1 street
Revell Audi Avus Quattro
Beanstalk Ford Gt
Maisto Lamborghini Gallardo
Maisto Porsche Carrera GT
Maisto Opel speedster
Bburago Bugatti EB110 GT
Maisto Lamborghini Diablo SE30

1709105-Innotechb.jpg

1709105-Innotechc.jpg

1709105-Innotechd.jpg

Heh, my GF was with me reading this, and she was screaming 'how can he not have the elise 111S!' And that is a good question...how can you not have the elise 111s? Nice collection though.

Originally posted by Integra Type R
:lol: I still want that Calsonic R32 I posted a while back. :(

I was that close (> <) to getting one, but i got outbid 15 minutes from the end of the auction...

I got my Minichamps M3 GTR friday, the detail is insane! I need to stop buying models, i'm running out of place to put them!:lol:

anyone kno where i can get a jeep rubicon? i think only maisto makes it, and NOT online, prefably bay area california... (i know too much to ask)

Dammit. :grumpy:
You guys are responsible for injecting the 1:18 scale cars collectors bug into me.

Now I'll have to save money fo get them :grumpy: (or buy the Tamiya kits and build em' 👍.

Originally posted by Innotech
ALL MID ENGINED :)

UT Mclaren F1
Bburago Ferrari 360 Modena
Hot wheels Ferrari Enzo
Motormax Saleen S7
UT Porsche 911 GT1 street
Yat ming Volkwagen W12 Nardo
Maisto Ford GT90
Hot Wheels Cadillac cien
Bburago Ferrari F50
Maisto Jaguar XJ220
Chrono Lotus GT1 street
Revell Audi Avus Quattro
Beanstalk Ford Gt
Maisto Lamborghini Gallardo
Maisto Porsche Carrera GT
Maisto Opel speedster
Bburago Bugatti EB110 GT
Maisto Lamborghini Diablo SE30

Nice collection... Especially the Lotus GT1:tup:

Originally posted by bondy_1625
elise gt1 race car

Son of a... err they don' have the black one... I think I remember hearing they discontinued it but it's the best one out of the three. The other two are gay.

Nick
drink.gif

I don't know how many of you have shopped with Exoticar, but I just had one of those experiences that makes ya not wanna deal with 'em anymore...

I called on November 26th to inquire about the availability of the 1:18 scale 2003 Le Mans winning Bentley EXP Speed 8's from AutoArt. At that time, the nice lady informed me that they were indeed in stock.

So I immediately went to the website and ordered the #8, as I'm aware that I am getting the #7 for Christmas from my loving wife. As it was "in stock," it would be arriving within 5-7 days.

10 days later, nothing.

I called the customer service line and managed to stay on hold for approx. 20 minutes. Then, when the lady answered, I was informed that A) the address they had on file for me was an address that I hadn't lived at for two years, that B) they were shipping the item to my house, as opposed to my office as requested online, and C) the item was indeed NOT in stock, and would not even be arriving at their offices until five days later. So naturally, I hung up fuming with the belief that no less than 10 days from then, the car would be arriving and all would be well. I had already made up my mind that I was no longer associating with Exoticar.

But wait, it gets better.

FINALLY, Dec. 18th, the item arrives. My loving wife has to drive to the airport to UPS's delivery depot to pick up the car, as EC had shipped it to an address where no one is EVER home during the times that UPS would deliver it...hence me asking to have it shipped to the office.

So my loving wife brings it home, and it's there waiting for me once I get there. I pick the bix up, and from the inside comes "The Rattle." That un-nerving sound that ALL collectors recognize as a state of "somethin in there ain't right." I untaped the box gently, astounded to find that there were NO peanuts, no NOTHIN to absorb ANY of the inevitable abuse bestowed upon it by UPS...the box it was packed in was EXACTLY the width and heighth of the box the Bentley came in. And yes,

The rear wing of my beloved #8 was tossing about in the clear window box...set loose from it's bonds to fly freely amongst it's other diecast and plastic brothers and sisters. The front left wheel was jouncing about as well, making the wonderful crunching noise we ALL do SO love to hear from the item we just spent almost $80 for.

Needless to say, the next day I was immediately on the line to Exoticar's CS in Avon, MA...again on hold for an eternity. Upon answering, the gentleman on the line informed me that his excuse for packing the item as such was "how UPS WANTS us to pack them." He also informed me that there were no items in stock to replace the Bentley with, as he was sold out. And he had no clue as to when the stocks would be in order again. Thus, I was screwed.

So, in conclusion, UPS came by the house and picked up my damaged Green beauty, along with the paper inside letting Exoticar know exactly how I felt about the entire situation, and my request for a full refund immediately, that they suck, and could expect to send catalogues to my house no longer.

I also inquired about the logic of having a shipping company determine the quality of care EC takes with their products. Idiocracy in it's purest form, gents. So be careful. I can only pray that the EXP my loving wife has purchased for me gets here in order.

Merry Christmas!

Yikes, Im sorry you had to deal with that crap. There really is no excuse for such reputable company treating their customers like that. The least they could do is live up to the fact that they screwed up, and do their best to reverse the problem. When they do that, you know that they really care about you, and that makes me want to do business with people again, even if things go sour once. But that....is just sad. Sorry bout that, I hope it gets cleared up soon enough.

I order from exoticar like an idiot and wait forever but I have always gotten my stuff in great condition so I guess Ill stick with them until they screw me. heres acouple of things that have happened:

ordered Porsche Carrera GT 1:18 SE edition model from exoticar

time elapsed: 8 months.
recieved item in great condition after many many phone calls and delays (about 4 times delayed from expected date and almost 4 months)

ordered Porsche 911 GT1 98
recieved item within a month (due to reduced availibility) but in great condition.

same with Elise GT1 street

ordered 3 models together. surprisingly they arrive within 2 weeks (during holiday rush no less) in great condition and together (Cadillac Cien, Volkswagen W12, and Ford GT) So its a mixed bag with exoticar.

I guess it depends on the availability of certain models. the Bentley EXP speed 8 is a definite delay because of its rarity and ****. Sorry to hear you got screwed over. exoticar also does definitely have **** poor customer service. I know the people there are proabably in hell trying to deal with their customers because of piss poor standards, but then again the sort of ask for it. so sympathy for customer service and to hell with exoticar itself.

The end.

I've got a collection with for the moment 29 oldtimers;
Jag E-type, Austin healey 3000, Morgen 4/4, ferrari GTO, Bugatti Atlantique, Mercedes 300 SL gullwing, Porsche 356, Lambo Countach, Citroen 'robber', Citroen 2CV, Mercedes 550K, BMW 507, ferrari testarossa 1st gen, ............... can't remember the rest :)

today I've bought a new model kit; a Jaguar E-type Coupé.

At scale 1:8 its freakin big... 56 cm's ;)

ah well, greetings and a merry christmas and a great 2004,

Quattro

Latest Posts

Back