F399,F2000,F2001,F2002, and soon the F2003-GA Ferrari F1 cars
A HW TVR Speed 12 BR Green
3 Porsche Le Mans 911-GTRs, #25, #26, and the Zakspeed Green
Speed Racer's Mach V
Racer X's Shooting Star
2003 Ford GT Concept , yellow
2001 Corvette C5R, Earnhardt "raced" version, and "non-raced" as well
2005 Mustang Fastback concept, red
1999 Cadillac Le Mans LMP, silver (disappointing car)
Satan's Ride from "The Car"
Numerous NASCAR collectibles...(don't hate me)...
Ferrari 250GT California convertible
Ferrari Enzo F60
Aston Martin Vanquish, silver
2001 Audi R8, red #8
McLaren F1, green
ItalDesign Nazca, silver
M-B Vision Concept spyder
Nissan Skyline GTR R34, blue
Panoz Visteon Esperante GTR
Saleen S7, orange

That's all I can remember off the top of my head....there's more, tho...my wife has made me move them into our new gameroom that used to be a garage! Not to worry...I built cases so they're well-protected and dust-free! lol

Originally posted by ssqfx
That's all I can remember off the top of my head....there's more, tho...my wife has made me move them into our new gameroom that used to be a garage! Not to worry...I built cases so they're well-protected and dust-free! lol

What sort of cases have you built for them? IMO glass would be the best, shows them of wonderfully

Nice collection there BTW 👍

Well my GT Edition Skyline is finally here, and it's just as great as i expected it to be. Looks like it'll find its place on the shelf right next to my purple R34, and my 993 911 Turbo. :D

I've never bought a 1:18 Minichamps model before, so i guess this one will be my first one.
AC8004812_N.jpg

Whether i repeat the experience or not is going to be judged by how well it's made.

from that pic it looks to be alright :) i can see a roll cage in there and brake discs with dunlop tyres which look pretty accurate only thing im a bit curious aboutr is the spoiler on the back it looks like its about to just fall off :lol:

If it's as good as their 1:43 cars, it'll be pretty damned great.

Speaking of great, AutoArt is coming up with a Bentley Speed 8 around mid december. That'll be another 100$ through the windows... :lol:

Originally posted by Bollocks#999
What sort of cases have you built for them? IMO glass would be the best, shows them of wonderfully

Nice collection there BTW 👍

Thanks for the feedback....

I have built four 5+ shelf oak cases, with glass front doors and mirrored backs. I have tracked lighting down the front rails as well so each individual shelf is lit. They pretty much take up one garage wall side-by-side. They are four feet wide, by 7 feet tall, by 16" deep...

I just used a drawn diagram of one I saw in a furniture store and made the rest up as I went!

I'll take some of the cars out and post photos of them soon. Thanks, Pimp...

Originally posted by PunkRock
If it's as good as their 1:43 cars, it'll be pretty damned great.

Speaking of great, AutoArt is coming up with a Bentley Speed 8 around mid december. That'll be another 100$ through the windows... :lol:

It's about friggin time someone makes a 1:18 version of the Speed 8...the 1:43's were nice, but we need some SUBSTANCE!!! lol

It's SUCH a beautiful car, and those of us in the States may never get to see it live, so I would settle for one on the shelf! (save for going to Sebring 2003, which I regretfully missed)

I've always liked the Bentley's speed 8 from the first time I saw it in 2001 at LeMans. It's one model I have on my "ongoing wishlist". :banghead:

191103-wall Bentley.JPG

Nick
zombie.gif

Hey, thanks for starting this area of discussion. I not only have started to collect 1:18 scale, but I have three I have started to customize. I'm an 'Ole School' rodder so my collection will probably be quite different than yours, but we do have 1:18 scale in common. Your collection looks really great, and my favorite is the Mustang. Keep up the space for awhile and let's just see how big this can get. Also, I would like to hear from and answer other customizers so maybe we could help each other out with parts, supplies, tips, etc. Check with ya' latter.

The attached photo is a Bburago '54 Gullwing, which I have scheduled to become something between a 'Funny Car' & 'Pro Street'. I'm still working out the details, "Hemi" powered of course.

Rich...........

Attachments

• amberwass.jpg
    amberwass.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 200
Originally posted by richsplace
Hey, thanks for starting this area of discussion. I not only have started to collect 1:18 scale, but I have three I have started to customize. I'm an 'Ole School' rodder so my collection will probably be quite different than yours, but we do have 1:18 scale in common. Your collection looks really great, and my favorite is the Mustang. Keep up the space for awhile and let's just see how big this can get. Also, I would like to hear from and answer other customizers so maybe we could help each other out with parts, supplies, tips, etc. Check with ya' latter.

The attached photo is a Bburago '54 Gullwing, which I have scheduled to become something between a 'Funny Car' & 'Pro Street'. I'm still working out the details, "Hemi" powered of course.

Rich...........

cool i like the 300sl and do u know of anywhere where i can get a front bumper for my one as it didnt have one when i got it and id like to restore it to its full glory:D it also needs some paint touch ups, new stickers and a right door handle and rear number plate sticker

Mine has the front bumper off too, it was broken when I received it, and the windsheild is cracked. The pic I posted was the one Amber put up on ebay when she put it up for bid. Not the condition of the car when I received it some three weeks later than promised. That's what decided me to customize it. Anyway, if you have any 1:18 scale parts or supplies to trade, we can work something out for the front and rear bumpers and door handles. I probably wont use the engine/trans assembly, the front grill shell, or the interior floor pan or dash either. The wheels and seats are already on another project car. Let me know if there is a way to trade.

Look what I got for my birthday today! It's awesome. I love the exhaust and the hood. Would have been better as just a plain R-Tune without all those Gran Turismo decals. Oh well.

here are some pics of the latest edition to my collection which now makes 20 in total!! its a 1969 shelby mustang gt500 convertable made by ertl

in the box it came in
291103-100_0410.jpg

bubble wrap too!!
291103-100_0411.jpg

out of bubble wrap
291103-100_0412.jpg

side view
291103-100_0415.jpg

out of initial box
291103-100_0416.jpg

and ill upload the other 2 2moro cos there is now a limit of 5 uploads per user per day on uploadit.org

edit: here are the other 2

301103-100_0418.jpg

301103-100_0422.jpg

All that for that car? hmm... kinda a waste, you can get it anywhere like toys r us. Do you know any where else to upload photos?

Nick
zombie.gif

I've just seen that Minichamps made a 1:18 scale BMW M3 GTR, the one with the red/blue checkered flag... So i bought one. :D

Originally posted by VipFREAK
All that for that car? hmm... kinda a waste, you can get it anywhere like toys r us.
If you're talking about bondy_1625's Shelby you are incorrect. That particular Shelby was made in 1995 and cannot be found in retail stores. BTW, nice Shelby bondy_1625. I only have one Shelby Mustang in my collection, a black 1969 GT 350 convertible with the top up.

Originally posted by bondy_1625
cool my bro has the same one in black and silver have u any more models sunny or just a one off?:)

99 Firebird 35th Anniversery Firebird
65? Jaguar Mark II
Honda S2000
Dodge Ram 3500 Dualy Single Cab
Big Indian Cheif motorcycle.
Like 20 Mini Motorcycle models.

i've tried to find an exact model of the car i have but have been unsuccessfull. has anyone ever seen the following or know where i might be able to find it?..

2002 Mustang convert
Yellow with black top, pony package
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=2439948500 is a link to a page with pics of the car.

also it's for sale, so if anyone is interested, or might know someone let me know, thanks much!

Ok, sorry... I'm not much of a mustang fan so I assumed it was just another mustang... Anyways, a great place I get my models from is Exoticar they have a catalog you can get and there is a couple of stores too.

Nick
zombie.gif

Originally posted by DSchwenn
If you're talking about bondy_1625's Shelby you are incorrect. That particular Shelby was made in 1995 and cannot be found in retail stores. BTW, nice Shelby bondy_1625. I only have one Shelby Mustang in my collection, a black 1969 GT 350 convertible with the top up.

really?? so does that mean its sorta rare? :D :cool: until i saw it on ebay id never seen one like it so i thought 'ooooooooooooohhh' :lol: and bought it:D

heres my car list...ill post some pictures when i get my digital camera at christmas :>

Alpine Renault
Aston Martin DB7
BMW M Roadster
Bugatti EB110
Chevrolet Chevelle SS
Chevrolet Corvette C5
Dodge Viper GTS/R
Ferrari 360 Modena
Ferrari 365 GTS/4
Ferrari 550 Barchetta Pininiifarina
Ferrari 550 Maranello
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari F50
Fiat 500
Ford SVT F-150 Lightning
Ford SVT Mustang Cobra R
Giugiaro Prima
HUMVEE
Indy Car (Crest)
Jaguar XKR
Lamborghini Countach
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Murcielago
Mercedes CLK-GTR
Mini Cooper
Opel Speedster
Porsce 911-GT1
Porsche 911 Targa
Saleen S7
Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
Shelby Daytona Coupe
Shelby Series 1
Shelby Series 1
Volkswagen Beetle
Volkswagen Beetle
Volkswagen New Beetle

Originally posted by bondy_1625
really?? so does that mean its sorta rare? :D :cool: until i saw it on ebay id never seen one like it so i thought 'ooooooooooooohhh' :lol: and bought it:D

Here is what Cast Car price guide has about the car:

Name: 1969 Mustang Shelby GT-500 Convertible
Manufacturer: Ertl 1/18 Scale
Category: Ford Mustang 1969
Stock: 7351
Price: MIB$45.00/AV$40.00/OFB$20.00

Description: Grabber yellow with black stripes and black interior. 428 cubic inch 335 HP Cobra Jet engine with four speed transmission. Hood and doors open with workable steering. Introduced in 1995 and discontinued in December 1996.

that makes me quite happy!!:D :D

i still have the box so if i was to sell it i'd give it a damn good dust up but then i dont think id sell it:D so i thank you for this info:tup:
and does stock mean how many were made overall? and what does AV and OFB mean (MIB means 'mint in box' i know that much!)

Back