GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,735 comments
I'm a little late to the airplane party, but here's this Johnny Lightning Curtiss P-40. I'm not quite sure what scale this is; I've seen it called 1:64 as well as 1:144. Perhaps someone else would know?

Also, where can I find some decent small scale plane models? I'm not really looking for anything specific other than a Concorde. I'm mostly a "buy whatever catches your eye" type.

20181211_191521.jpg

I'm a little late to the airplane party, but here's this Johnny Lightning Curtiss P-40. I'm not quite sure what scale this is; I've seen it called 1:64 as well as 1:144. Perhaps someone else would know?

Also, where can I find some decent small scale plane models? I'm not really looking for anything specific other than a Concorde. I'm mostly a "buy whatever catches your eye" type.

View attachment 787169

Matchbox if you really don't care for accurate scale.

Maisto if you do.

I selected out 12 specific planes to be put up in a giant shadowbox I built:

1422463_10152429994574097_557499428_n.jpg

Matchbox if you really don't care for accurate scale.

Maisto if you do.

I selected out 12 specific planes to be put up in a giant shadowbox I built:

1422463_10152429994574097_557499428_n.jpg
Thank you. 👍

I'll wait until I see something in person before deciding what to go with.

Long story short my display cabinet is full and I have an opportunity to purchase a great collection of around 80 1:43 models. If it were up to you, how exactly would you display them? In box, clear case, or fully opened? Also what what would you do for a display? A standard cabinet or something custom? Have you seen, built or bought something unique that I can use as inspiration? :)

Trying to have an answer to all of the missus’ questions well before she asks me how much I’ll be paying for all this :lol:

Edit: Just so you have an idea of what the collection entails, here’s 4 I cherry picked from the seller when I met him on Monday. 797A9B4F-3ACC-49E7-9668-586247F23C92.jpeg

Last edited:
My 2018 1/18 total:

Ignition Model Mazda Savanna S124A (RX-3)
AUTOart McLaren P1
Ignition Model Mazda RX-7 FD3S RE-Amemiya
OttoMobile Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
Spark Porsche 911 GT1-98
AUTOart Porsche 918 Spyder Weissach
LookSmart Ferrari F50
ACME Pontiac GTO
AUTOart Porsche 959
Hot Wheels Ferrari Enzo
AUTOart Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6x6
Ertl Dodge Warlock
Maisto Jeep Wrangler Willys
Highway 61 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Hot Wheels Elite Ferrari 250 GT California
ACME Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu SS Z16
Hot Wheels Ferrari 550 Maranello
Road Legends Shelby Cobra 427 SC
Maisto Dodge Copperhead Concept Vehicle
CMF Isdera Commendatore 112i

It looks like the trunk and bonnet don't sit flush?

Tablet screen, rear passenger climate control, trunk sill, that thing to cover visibility of your trunk.... these are all nice touches.

Thanks for sharing, sir!

It looks like the trunk and bonnet don't sit flush?

Tablet screen, rear passenger climate control, trunk sill, that thing to cover visibility of your trunk.... these are all nice touches.

Thanks for sharing, sir!

Trunk and front bonnet both sit just fine, but just like your typical Chinese market models, the gaps are much larger than an AA.

I believe the fuel cover and sunroof also open but I didn't take pics of those.

Middle of the dining room table, for sure. No more awkward silences at dinner parties.

Eat off the roof. Once finished, send the plate 88mph in the future where it'll be washed by then.

Probably 1/8th scale?

Also, #BuyersRemorse #LoveHateRelationship :lol:

Back