GTPlanet "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car"

• Thread starter FutureF1
  • 149 comments
Today's guest was @GT_Racer22! He had a go in the reasonably priced car and set a 1:44.787! Afterwards, we caught up with him for a few questions;

How long have you been on GTPlanet? I joined GTPlanet on September 10, 2013. I'd been a lurker for the whole year before that, and once I was old enough to join, I did!

Have you taken part in any races recently, if so, which ones?
Recently, I've been racing the RACE Weekend Fun Runs, run by @nascarfan1400. In addition, I race in the Turtle Racing League occasionally.

What is your favorite moment/achievement on GTPlanet?
My most favorite achievement has to be winning my first ever Photomode Competition. I was completely surprised by it, and I had no idea I'd won until it was announced!

What cars have you owned in real life? If none, what car do you wish to own?
Sadly, I am not old enough to have a drivers license. But, I do race quarter midgets - they're basically like a full size midget race car, except 1/4 the size. And if I had to pick any car to own, it would be the Jaguar F-Type R.

How did you enjoy your session in the Reasonably Priced car?
I was enjoying my time very much, until my brother walked into the room and I overshot the banked hairpin. And also, the CVT transmission did not help either. But overall, I very much did enjoy this, and I'm looking forward to coming back soon to improve my time!

Cheers to @GT_Racer22 for his time!

Last edited:
I'll be joining in about 6-7mins, I would be there now but my PS3 froze... Again.

EDIT- Ready.

Last edited:
Lobby open. Everyone who wants a go can join the lobby.

EDIT: CLOSED.

Last edited:
Today's guest was @NW48! He took the Toyota for a go and set a solid 1:43.220! Afterwards, we caught up with him for a few questions;

How long have you been on GTPlanet? I joined GTPlanet last year in early July, I had been a lurker for quite some time, but I got the nudge from a friend on here to join GTPlanet. And so far, it's been worth it, I've meet a lot of great people and have had plenty of laughs!

Have you taken part in any races recently, if so, which ones?
Yes, indeed I have. I'm currently running & competing in the ATCC, the best Touring Car series based in Australia, and last night had a fantastic Round 00 with everyone in the series. It's a fantastic series and I'd urge everyone to check it out if they can.

Haven't really had any of that significance to be honest. I'll have to go with surviving the GTP vs Wham! Competition despite numerous people's attempts to Wham! me. (Haha @Ken Koios!)

Yeah, actually, that's pretty lame, so I'll go with the response I got for the ATCC. The amount of people that have signed up still 'wow's' me to this day.

What cars have you owned in real life? If none, what car do you wish to own?
I'm not old enough to have a drivers license, but I have raced karts competitively for 8 years with success, but if I could own any car in the world, it would be the Ariel Atom 3.5. Just so I can drive around dressed like The Stig and it be considered 'normal'. :lol:

How did you enjoy your session in the Reasonably Priced car?
I enjoyed it quite a bit. My practices were definitely a lot better than my lap, but I never intended on actually finishing the lap. I planned to roll it or make the track up like Billie Piper did, but I got half way round the track and was doing quite well so I thought I should continue on but it only went downhill from there. :lol: I never intended on doing an interview either, I was considering doing a Marshawn Lynch, but meh. Thanks for the opportunity, I'm definitely looking forward to my next attempt. :)👍

Thanks @NW48 for your time!

Just so that people are aware, the OP is constantly being updated with links to interviews and the lap board to make navigation around this thread much easier. This is getting an amazing response so thank you all!

Haven't really had any of that significance to be honest. I'll have to go with surviving the GTP vs Wham! Competition despite numerous people's attempts to Wham! me. (Haha @Ken Koios!)

I'll get you this year. Just you see.

Evil-Laughter-gif.gif

Can I just get conformation, tuning prohib,comfort hard at streets of willow?

Tuning prohibited, comfort soft. Basically the stock tyres it comes on straight out of the dealership.

See that's what I thought, had a few laps the other night on softs and was hitting 32-33's then changed to hards and was hitting 36-37's am I missing something here? only about 20mins of running?

Back