GTPlanet Stock Car Challenge

WOW that is A really fast time I will be trying again tonight but that time will be tough to beat you must have hit every corner almost perfact

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to get below 1:23.600 even on a really good lap :crazy:

Alright guys, I've finally updated the post with your times. Since I've got today off from work, I'm gonna have a go at this trial myself.

Argh. Wasn't able to register a clean time with the EB110. Kept understeering and crashing. So no time for me. Anyway, week 4 is over, and we have our winner! Congratulations @Sutuki for achieving the quickest lap time. Whenever you get the chance, please post your car and track combination. :)
Edit: I'm adding a new rule; no DLC cars. This makes it fair for those who haven't purchased any DLC for Forza 6.

Ran a couple of 12 lap stints and managed to pull off a 1:26.93x but carried too much speed in to turn 5 and had all 4 wheels way outside the yellow line, which although clean according to the game I disagree with that. So I'll submit my previous best of 1:27.005 (so close :() where I was able to keep it within the lines.

I also found that on the last fast right hand corner just before the hairpin you can go in to the grass with all 4 tyres and not receive an invalidated lap :lol:, although it does slow you down compared to staying on the track 👍.

Great combo though, I was surprised at just how much time there is to gain in sector 1 when you get it right.

Oops, almost forgot to post a lap time: 1:27.507. I did slightly better earlier today, but I can't access Rivals mode now to check my lap time.

It wouldn't make any real difference anyway, as @Im_Lukas already posted a quicker time 👍

I did a 2:27.335 there is still a lot of time to be gained
The 575 is a bit tricky but I like the challenge
I did a practice lap before I decided on the car, and I agree. It's a good drive, but under braking and with the weight transfer, it gets a bit unsettled. It's easy to catch the mistakes, but the amount of time it takes to get back in line will definitely ruin a good lap. I'm very much liking the car though, and I'm going to tune one for A-class( S, if it can make it.)

Great, looks like I will have some time this week, I missed the last few ones. This combo will come in handy since I think I desperately need to finally sit down and try to study Bathurst once and for all. I assume that I will be at least 10 seconds slower but hopefully I'll be able to close that gap, If I get to reduce it to about 5 seconds I will be happy.

Alright first three laps and I'm doing better than I thought. Managed a 2.28.689, so far 1,4 secs from Vic but I'm guessing his times (and the rest of you) will drop considerably. I tried pushing more on the fourth and fifth lap but ended touching the walls and messing my laps. I'm not sure I'll be able to improve any more, the car starts dancing with heavier braking and faster acceleration input.

Edit: Did a 2:27.361 I blew my chance of ever beating one of @VICGT1970 's times. Now he'll improve by eight seconds I'm sure. Such is life.

Edit 2: Woohoo, I did it! 2:27.322 I beat him by only 13 thousands of a second. :gtpflag:

Now I'll wait for the can of whoop ass that is about to come. :P

Last edited:
That seems pretty quick already. Hopefully I'll be able to chase your ghost again for most of the lap, unless you leave me behind right at the start. I found myself losing a lot of time on the downhill bit where you have all those esses and then it leads to that hairpin. Also that slight kink on the huge straight at the end was throwing me off.

I managed 2:23.459 before I got off for bed. I tried following @Sutuki's ghost, but man the first few turns I just can't seem to match his speed. I can keep even ground at the end, but I'm not gaining anything :lol: If you put just a little bit too much throttle it'll break traction, but when you use too little throttle, it just fells.. well, too little :lol: I'm definitely having fun with it though, and I hope I can atleast break 2:22 by the end of the week.

2:21.983 I don't think I've ever had such a high proportion of dirty laps in this game :lol:. I can ace the first half of the lap and then turn in too early on the downhill esses and smack the wall, or I can have a terrible first half and then ace the second half.

This one was a lap where the first half didn't go so well but got my best times in the last sectors so it ends up as my PB.

2:21.983 I don't think I've ever had such a high proportion of dirty laps in this game :lol:. I can ace the first half of the lap and then turn in too early on the downhill esses and smack the wall, or I can have a terrible first half and then ace the second half.

This one was a lap where the first half didn't go so well but got my best times in the last sectors so it ends up as my PB.
I think every single lap besides my fastest was actually dirty. Some turns I would turn in too soon and very, very, very slightly rub against the wall lol.

Back