GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2019]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 350 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me in!
Haven't heard any Christmas songs yet this year. Let's hope it'll stay this way for a quite a while still.

This appeared on a local newspaper's webpage today...

upload_2019-11-29_16-12-46.png

this-is-worse-than-i-thought-come-on-this-comics-38534831.png

@Daniel I got Carey'd today in a car on what was supposed to be a fun family vacation. "Fun family" became not fun nightmare for sticking me with this gift from the radio. The real salt in the wound is that my dad got fed up with the music after the song ended. Oh well, guess I can stop living like a hermit now since I got my first force fed dose of Mariah Carey this season. :lol:

My god she was hot in that video.

Anyways, @Daniel I would love to participate. Sign me up. Also knock me out immediately because I just got Carey’d and Wham’d literally while searching for this thread. Damn it.

@Daniel @TJ13 can I play too?
Absolutely!

Updated the list up to here and in the spirit of Christmas (i.e. letting everyone participate in the torture), you are free to sign up after December 1st. You're 'waiting outside [Mariah's] door' rather than sitting 'underneath the Christmas tree' so it'll be a little cold.

I got Carey'd at dinner tonight. I might have heard a snippet of it once last week but I'm not sure, but now I'm definitely out for certain.

Although now I'd like to see how long I can go before hearing it again...

Went to get a haircut today. So there I was, sitting there as the ladies gossip to eachother and I realise the radio is playing. And it's playing Christmas music.

Realising I had forgotten my headphones, and thinking quick, I ask them to change it to a talk radio station. Made up some excuse about a segment coming on soon where a friend of mine was being interviewed. I no doubt came across as a weirdo, but they obliged.

A near miss already and we're not even two days into December!! :eek:

Well, it was nice while it lasted.
Realising I had forgotten my headphones, and thinking quick, I ask them to change it to a talk radio station. Made up some excuse about a segment coming on soon where a friend of mine was being interviewed. I no doubt came across as a weirdo, but they obliged.

Amazing. Talk about quick thinking. :lol:👍

Dang it, didn't realize this was a thing this year, haven't been lurking around as much recently.

Count me in, even if I'm only standing outside the window, shivering, while I miss the main party inside.

(Toss a blanket outside at least.)

As always, I'm in too. This is gonna be an insanely hard challenge, but I'm up for it. I do think though this will be the year I finally lose :(

I got
censored.gif
ed on a boat to Amsterdam on Friday. I knew something bad would happen on this trip. Still no Carey though.

I got
censored.gif
ed on a boat to Amsterdam on Friday. I knew something bad would happen on this trip. Still no Carey though.
Speaking of Amsterdam, I've been curating my Christmas music USB drive for the year - amusingly neither Wham nor Carey were on it for last year - and discovered a jaunty Dutch Christmas song called "Flappie".

It's a very popular song in the Netherlands, recorded in 1978 by a comedian called Youp van t'Hek. Flappie is about a young boy and his pet rabbit, Flappie, who goes missing on Christmas Eve.

And also murder and cannibalism. Because the Dutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back