Well... kinda...

December 28th 2018:

December 12th 2018:

But I wasn't all that pioneering either... December 10, 2016:

January 8th, 2013:

December 5th, 2011:

November 5th, 2011:

It seems we've all wanted Mariah Carey for Christmas for a while :lol:
Does this mean that the people of GTPlanet have wanted hard mode since 2011?

I'm out.

Went for some dinner at midday, and I was stood helpless in Subway whilst my spinach wrap was being made. Never had a chance.

Wasn't there a time he PMed a load of people saying they'd been banned or something and had to watch a safety briefing before coming back?
I was out by that point so never got it.

Yep! 2015, he pulled a fast one by including the "inappropriate content" that was supposedly posted, but anybody who played the following video got sent to the realm by way of the Whambulance. ;)

Now I need to go back again and see how many fell for it... :D

E: It wasn't nearly as sneaky as his latest attempt though. Well played Jordan.

Currently enjoying a lovely rendition (/s) of the song by Fifth Harmony.

Though to be fair it took me a good half a minute to realise I was listening to the song since I'm still half asleep.

It's surely a sign of things to come...

Welp @Jordan wham'd me with those Christmas lights, i guess my couple year streak ends.

On that note..

giphy.gif

I know my name isn’t officially on this list and sadly nor will it be now. But I’ve been keeping tabs on things, staying underground, keeping low and avoiding the dreaded jingle.

And it’s all gone to pot...

I got all excited that I’d make it to day 11 and foolishly told someone that I had a mere day and half before I was over half way which to me would’ve been a victory of sorts. I knew something was wrong when I first entered the room and Last Christmas kicked off proceedings followed by an absolute barrage of Christmas hits. They finally moved over to some other naffness in the Backstreet Boys and I then felt confident that the barrage had halted.

Within five minutes of me mentioning it to someone and how I was trying to avoid it. Of course it played.

:indiff:

I was undone by Heart Radio in the U.K so avoid that station at all costs.

Didn't sign up but I had been playing my yearly attempt to avoid "Wham!" blissfully unaware the game had changed. Came to post about yet another loss and saw it had changed to Mariah Carey. Which was playing at that very second! :lol:
I will never be able to complete one of these challenges however, it is always the same result. Radio on in the office. I need to find a way to work from home, or better yet, to not have to work...

Wasn't there a time he PMed a load of people saying they'd been banned or something and had to watch a safety briefing before coming back?
I was out by that point so never got it.
I can't remember if I reported @Jordan's PM that year as misleading information or not but I certainly considered doing so at the time. Volume always being off as default saved me but I've never survived a full year so something else must have hit me later that month.

4 Whammings now this year. I heard George in Greggs yesterday morning. This has happened to me before but there's not a chance I can avoid Greggs, even just for a month.

Edit:
The conversation was headed as "Inappropriate Content Warning" and looked like this:
Unfortunately, a message you posted contains content which is not appropriate for GTPlanet:

This post may have been edited or removed from public view, but its original content remains accessible to site staff for our records. Please review the Acceptable Use Policy to learn more about our rules.

You may have received warning points against your account for this infraction; once you have received 30 points, your access to the site will be terminated, either temporarily or permanently. To review your warnings, visit your account details and select "Warnings Received" from the menu. This information is private, visible only to yourself and the site staff.

For more information, visit this section of our Frequently Asked Questions.
The "inappropriate" video with
censored.gif
playing was embedded into that message.

Last edited:
@Daniel I should have posted this a lot earlier but...

This Wednesday, I have my headphones at full blast, sitting in a Dunkin Donuts, and then I lower them for just a split second and I hear...

"I don't want a lot for christmas..."

yep... I'm out.

And also yesterday, I walk DIRECTLY into a King's and immediately hit in the face with Carey.

Yep! 2015, he pulled a fast one by including the "inappropriate content" that was supposedly posted, but anybody who played the following video got sent to the realm by way of the Whambulance. ;)

Now I need to go back again and see how many fell for it... :D

E: It wasn't nearly as sneaky as his latest attempt though. Well played Jordan.

I still remember distinctly DMing @Jordan telling him I didn't post that when I saw that video appear in my inbox back then. :lol:

is it too late to sign up?
I completely forgot about this, yet i still wasn't whammed or carey'd this year

So I almost got Carey-ed for like 5 times now but these noise-cancelling earphones keep on saving the day.

And most of the time it plays on like those convenience stores like 7-Eleven, AlfaMart, or MiniStop in my place.

So I almost got Carey-ed for like 5 times...

So you’re out, done, finito... if you expect that you heard the song then you’re done. It’s difficult for one to be “almost” without having been in the presence of....

So you’re out, done, finito... if you expect that you heard the song then you’re done. It’s difficult for one to be “almost” without having been in the presence of....
Not really. Usually the radio DJ in those places I mentioned says which song is playing next and whenever the DJ mentions that song, earphones on unless that counts with the song name mentioned and the music not playing yet.

A couple of sneaky Instagram stories were ought to get me, but I avioided them because I thought that people might post that song. Anyways, I have a chance to actually prevail this year, unless something out of the ordinary happens.

good job I didn't play this year. Been wham'd and carey'd too many times to count so far, but tonight took the prize! Since I'm not playing I put the top 100 Xmas songs playlist on that amazon music had, 1st was Mariah Carey followed by Wham

Watched The Irishman, went for a pint, stayed for a 2nd. Then it happened. Careyed right in the face. Followed by the 5th Whamming of the season.

@Daniel, I'm out.

@Daniel I think you missed my obituary post. I accidentally turned on the lights while pocketing my phone and got hit a couple of pages back, dying shortly after of third degree tinsel burns.

Not really. Usually the radio DJ in those places I mentioned says which song is playing next and whenever the DJ mentions that song, earphones on unless that counts with the song name mentioned and the music not playing yet.

You've had a lucky escape, may the odds be ever in your favour!

Got Carey'd while playing Gran Turismo on friday.

Never trust your friends, even if they don't know you're playing the game. NEVER.

Spent the whole day Christmas shopping, only to be Carey'd in a PSN party. Ah well.

@Daniel

Was in the same party as Leadfoot. So the guy got two birds with one Mariah.

Heard it again in the shopping center earlier today, so if I hadn't pocket Jordan'd myself I'd have died right there, Subway in hand.

Kind of glad to be out at this point because it's one of few Christmas jingles that I actually think is a halfway decent song.

Radio 2 got me this morning at 6.30am :|

I didn’t sign up but I usually do GTP VS Wham @Daniel

Sat on the pot timid and wary
St. Louis' Official Christmas station played with all it's merry.
The whole situation was very hairy.
Before I knew it, I had been Carey'd

@Daniel

Pooping on company time did not go well last Friday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back