GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2021]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 328 comments

Please indicate your Carey'd status below - you can change your response once CAREYD

• Total voters
Almost got myself Carey'd searching through one of the Discord channels I'm in before quickly remembering the video and subsequently paused it. The Memes are already flowing.

68912.gif

Put me down. 👍 Going for two Carey free years in a row.

I've probably just jinxed it now though...

The onslaught has begun. The radio station my bus driver's listening to just had to play 30 seconds of it to pad out their runtime.

Dear shops
Please play this instead, no matter how bad it may end up being

Dear shops
Plot twist: It's the same song (only 2021 remastered) 🙃

That actually brings an interesting point: Would a remaster count?

Oh god, this is going to be the next Ship of Thesues problem isn't it?
I mean:

• Only the original song performed by Mariah Carey counts. Remixes, covers and the duet version with Justin Bieber don't count.

The conundrum is that it would obviously not be a remix or cover (Or the Justin Bieber one) but as a remaster, it also wouldn't be entirely original. It'd be kinda like a Superformance Cobra 427, its built to the same specs and such as the original but its also not an original Cobra either.

Last edited:
I would class a remaster as the same song.
This.

Short of knowing without a doubt which one it was, which you can't really do on the radio, you'd have to assume it was the original.

Dear shops
Watch it be a cover of Last Christmas.

Oh I really didn't think this one through this year

I now work in retail :ouch: extreme difficulty mode let's go

I mean:

The conundrum is that it would obviously not be a remix or cover (Or the Justin Bieber one) but as a remaster, it also wouldn't be entirely original. It'd be kinda like a Superformance Cobra 427, its built to the same specs and such as the original but its also not an original Cobra either.
I'd consider it as something that would cause you to be eliminated if you were to hear it going out and about (I'd assume they're really similar).

To continue with the car analogies, I'd view a remaster as the being the same car, just with a well-overdue tune-up.

NEVERMIND :)

Jerome

Last edited:
Glad I'm on the PC at the moment. This is exactly why I never have the speakers turned on. :lol:

Awww boo.....sorry guys, I guess I should read the sign, I'll fix that post. #isuck

Jerome

I'm in but I'm not sure I ever heard this song so I'll have to listen to it once so I can recognise it in the wild.

Christmas spirit (pent up spending) is flowing through the people like bicarbonate soda in a science fair volcano.

If I make it through November I’d be properly shocked. Count me in. :cool:

Back