GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2021]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 328 comments

Please indicate your Carey'd status below - you can change your response once CAREYD

• Total voters
@Daniel Just got Mariah'd (or Carey'd). On TikTok. By one of my favorite accounts.

Thanks, Corporate Laura (@loewhaley).

So far, so good. None of the Radio Stations I have in the car are playing Christmas music yet. Our work uses one of the stations so I hope they stay off it

Oh, what the hell... Count me in.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm out! Just like that.

At work, from a radio somewhere. In fact, I'm still listening to it as I type...

See you next year, everyone.

Leaving Half Baked GIF

Damn, why everyone hates Tiktok?
Erm… Chinese state owned platform free of proper regulation, full of nonsense targeting the minuscule attention spans of ADHD Gen Z below the age of 18 in an attempt to normalise an egotistical mindset which is targeted at destroying western culture.

It sucks.

Or something like that… possibly.

Last edited:
It begins....

All I Want For Christmas Is You is currently at #69 (lol) in the UK charts...
The climb is inevitable.

DSC_0787.JPG

Such an ominous sight when you're going to the garden centre, and it's a massive centre. Christmas music very noticeable because the store is all but empty.

I expected to Mariahcide myself but I'm good. And I have my rectangular planters.

I think I heard it at the store. Just to be safe I'm counting myself as knocked out. And it probably won't be the last time anyway.

Another one bites the dust. Parents sent me a Spotify playlist. They told me it was 'classic rock' playlist. It contained the most hated song this time a year.

I don’t think I can fail this year, which will be a first.
I rarely leave home, I don’t listen to random playlists or radio, nobody I’m around knows I’m playing, and my father still things we’re playing with Wham!.

I might actually make it.

You can't get eliminated if you haven't entered yet. taps temple

Anyway, I'm in.

Note to everybody in the UK, don't listen to the chart show if you regularly do. AIWFCIY is #47 in the midweek chart, so expect it to be knocking around the lower reaches of the top 40 by Friday...

The good news on my end: the corporate-mandated music system at work has finally given out, and it's not scheduled to be fixed until after New Years. So that's my primary threat vector taken care of.

The bad news: I still have to go to the grocery store once in a while, and Kroger's corporate-mandated music system is far more dangerous. :scared:

Already listened to it willingly last week. I love Mariah Carey and there’s no way I could do this, lol. It’s a very fun challenge to whoever doesn’t care much for the song though and I wish you the best of luck in your avoidance endeavours.

all i want for christmas is you GIF

I'm off to see my great grandmother for Christmas and very concerned therell be Christmas music there.

If I make it to December 25th, the real test begins :scared:

I'm off to see my great grandmother for Christmas and very concerned therell be Christmas music there.

If I make it to December 25th, the real test begins :scared:
Just keep saying "Alexa, play Despacito" and you'll be fine.

Even if they don't have an Amazon speaker there.

Just keep saying it and eventually they'll put you in a nice, quiet padded room where novelty Christmas music will be the least of your concerns.

So far so good, it hasn't been played on the office radio any of the days I've been in, which hasn't been that many days to be fair. I do have some ways to avoid it, I can book back to back meetings in the boardroom and listen to my own music on headphones for some of the time but sods law it'll come on as I'm heading to the loo or some crap like that :lol:.

Latest Posts

Back