GTPlanet vs. Wham! Episode IV: No More Hope

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 1,044 comments
GodWham!it - Exclamation to be yelled at the top of one's lungs upon being Whammed.
Wham!nesty - Act of reinstating someone Whammed by illegal means.

Just reporting that I'm still not Whammed. :)

The paranoia is growing strong on me, though. I've already started hearing Christmas songs on the radio. Also I shouldn't have told my friends this game even exists.

Good luck, everyone. ;)

Oh no, one of my flatmates is suggesting that we put on some Christmas music, and asked specifically for Wham. I'm not going to last long.

Oh no, one of my flatmates is suggesting that we put on some Christmas music, and asked specifically for Wham. I'm not going to last long.

Leave. Now. Or cut the power to the house.

Dammit. You need to think about making these Wham!tingency plans before exposing your ears to such threats.

Still wham free! However, the true attack doesn't begin until December. Then, only the real warriors will survive!
This time there will be no bacon around me. Nailed a job at a warehouse. Far, far away from any source of bacon. Plus, no radio.

No way I'm going to lose this year.

Last edited:
Almost made it last year lol. No sign of it so far this year though.

That'll probably be something useful to remember, seeing as how one of my coworkers absolutely loves Wham! and Last Christmas. And he managed to guess on the first try that Last Christmas was the song I was trying to avoid through the end of the year. Maybe he's secretly a member of GTP. Hey Flash48 and NOS Waster, if you're reading this, do either of you drive a teal Ford Explorer V6 automatic?

EDIT: Probably neither, since this guy just moved up here from North Dakota.

Last edited:
Made it through the Santa Claus parade last night. I was worried for a bit, thinking one of the floats would play the song, but they were too busy playing "What does the fox say?" instead... :indiff:

I may be in trouble. I am in University Halls, and my window looks out to the Student Union, which sometimes plays music outside. They may start playing christmas music soon, and I will just have to hope/turn my laptop volume up/wear earplugs.

Ooh, thinking of that, I'm in the union every Friday for their club night. And they play lots of music from the 80's and 90's. And they'll almost certainly have a Christmas themed night.

EDIT: And one of my flatmates just walked by singing it. I'll never make it.

Last edited:
Ooh, thinking of that, I'm in the union every Friday for their club night. And they play lots of music from the 80's and 90's. And they'll almost certainly have a Christmas themed night.

EDIT: And one of my flatmates just walked by singing it. I'll never make it.

It starts to creep up on you, doesn't it?
Makes you go paranoid at some point...

The state-owned broadcaster here showed "The Santa Clause" last night. I don't think it'll be long before the Christmas music strikes.

Some people aren't following the rules. I have seen the link to the video posted multiple times across the forum in an attempt to trick people.

I just did some searching and I'm not finding anything besides the Rate the Song thread. :confused:

I even saw a signature that said "Warning, evil link." I knew it was going to be Wham! and didn't even have to click on it.

I even saw a signature that said "Warning, evil link." I knew it was going to be Wham! and didn't even have to click on it.
Nothing wrong with a link in a signature. In fact, he asked me about it before he did it. My comment:
Provided 1) you don't draw attention to it in your post and B) you don't post just for the sake of spreading the link around more, I would consider a link in your sig acceptable.

I think I'm going to get Whammed very very soon. My workplace is already in that Christmas-y mood, or at least beginning to set up. I hope I'm not the first :scared:

TB
Nothing wrong with a link in a signature. In fact, he asked me about it before he did it. My comment:
Yes. I made sure both Daniel and TB knew about it before I went ahead, mainly because I screwed up really early and didn't want a reason to get an infraction.

Back