GTPlanet vs. Wham! Episode IV: No More Hope

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 1,044 comments
Shaun is back! :cheers:

Watch that bacon and eggs, old chap. You know what happened last year.

So far, so good . . .

On one of the trips out today, I started the car, then was about to push the button for the radio, when I kept my finger there in mid-air for a moment pondering: 'Should I, or shouldn't I?'
My youngest son riding shotgun watches me as I pause time like this and asks: "What? Something wrong?"
"Uh, no. . ." I replied, 'Just wondering if I would get whammed."
"What?!"
"Hold on, " I said, and put the radio on. It was some mundane chick singing some mundane song. Good. In one ear and out the other. Not the earworm that 'Last Christmas' is.
"It's the 'Wham' game we play at GTPlanet," I explained. "You know the one where we refuse to listen to 'Last Christmas' - that song by George Michael. You know . . ."
"Oh! Yeeaaa . . . that one. You guys play that every year?"
"Religiously," I say. "It's a ritual."
"Hmmmm." He nods and looks off into the distance.
I didn't like the 'Hm"
"Whaddya mean 'Hrrmmm?' I snarl.
"Nothing," he says. "Nothing." He frowns at me. "What?"

Trust. No. One.
The paranoids are coming.
Your son is plotting an attack on you. Watch your back, you just opened a giant can of Wham!.

You mean Sean. :sly:

Haha, sorry, Shaun, was mixing you up with the other bacon and egg Sean ;)

But yeah I was cursed by bacon and eggs also last year.

I guess everybody remembers their personal trauma from last year; this year hopefully probably there will be more tales of helpless horror.

Btw photon, your gone mate.
The young fella will stitch you up.

In hindsight, I should have just waved my hand about carelessly and said, in as carefree a tone as posssible: 'Oh! That? Nothing. Just practising paralysis." Or something equally effective, if not intelligent. Too late, now.
He's already garnered the reputation in our family as 'sneakiest' member - so this doesn't bode well for me at all. I might meet an early demise this year, even though all precautions are been taken to stay deaf. Plus he's seen me sometimes on GTPlanet, and knows I have a reputation to maintain. This will totally humiliate me. I don't want to be a whambie.

Next thing, I'll be whamspamming every innocent thread with whamspam that will make guests and non-participants alike think that George Micheal runs GTPlanet. I plan to visit this thread regularly, though - last year I was saved on both occasions by heads-up from members in this thread.

Slash, Jarrod, the rest of you sympathizers - thanks - but if I don't return . . . I'll probably be in the toilet.

Edit didn't realise I posted my entry so late. I thought it was days ago. Dsregard my impatience.

November has started and I'm still here, alive and well :D

Bring it on Intrawebs.

Also, as bad as work yesterday was, and as mostly unsupervised, I somehow made it through without that one coworker pulling up Last Christmas on YT on his phone.

3rd (or 4th) attempt I believe now! Avoiding the dreaded song is always futile, but it's always fun, so sign me up!

...is it too late to sign up? Because I'm in if possible. Is there an end date to sign up? Because...I can't seem to find one.

What . . . is going on in here? You guys didn't get a bit of George in you did you? Have you been indulging?

Confess!

*takes out cat o' nine tails.

Only in the safe zone.:P

*Begins to sing while performing Satanic dance that steals your soul to feed George Micheal.*

^ Wait, so if you can listen to Wham while in this thread as it's a safe zone... Does that mean that I can't get whammed as long as I have this thread open as it's the safe zone? :dopey:

*Begins to sing while performing Satanic dance that steals your soul to feed George Micheal.*

Also, George Michael doesn't eat souls. He drinks liquid soap in the public toilets while he waits to wham you when you least expect it. You walk in to see a rabid George Michael standing next to the sink.

So far so good, at a store with just oldies in the front end and punk in the shop. Then again, haven't heard any Xmas tunes yet (although last week, we discovered my wife's car still has a Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer CD).

Just to let you know, I got whammed big time am still alive. I haven't heard a millisecond of Last Christmas yet.

I'm just going to say here that I will not be posting any links to the video, so I can stop writing (not a Wham) after each link I post. I really did mess up earlier.

I'm just going to say here that I will not be posting any links to the video, so I can stop writing (not a Wham) after each link I post. I really did mess up earlier.

👍 Good man. Guess we all learn from each other's mistakes; I defended you, myself, in the beginning - but that's because I assumed you were playing by the rules - we all have to assume that all players are playing by the rules (that is what gives rise to the opposite concept - cheating. If there was no cheating, there would be no rules. And vice versa.)

Oh! and Jimlaad. I still don't trust you. Heck, I don't even trust my wife anymore. Would you trust a zombie? Well, same thing with whambies. And wife whambies are the worst.

There are many ways to legally wham someone - from mailing them a pop-up card, to getting them to join a race that bams them with Wham! the moment they enter.
Or you can always take that member you know IRL for a drink and bribe the bar-girl to wham them they moment you go off to take a leak. :)

^ Wait, so if you can listen to Wham while in this thread as it's a safe zone... Does that mean that I can't get whammed as long as I have this thread open as it's the safe zone? :dopey:

Doesn't work that way, Sky; you can't be whammed in the thread by listening to the demo in the OP, but you can be whammed while in the thread by something outside the thread. For instance you could be reading this thread in the school cafeteria, and someone passes with Wham! (original 'Last Christmas' blaring) and that's it - you were whammed. Get back and report your sins.

Also, George Michael doesn't eat souls. He drinks liquid soap in the public toilets while he waits to wham you when you least expect it. You walk in to see a rabid George Michael standing next to the sink.

The image of George frothing at the mouth, hands busy . . . . once seen, never unseen. Your imagination kills me, Skython. :scared:

Oh! and Jimlaad. I still don't trust you. Heck, I don't even trust my wife anymore. Would you trust a zombie? Well, same thing with whambies. And wife whambies are the worst.

There are many ways to legally wham someone - from mailing them a pop-up card, to getting them to join a race that bams them with Wham! the moment they enter.
Or you can always take that member you know IRL for a drink and bribe the bar-girl to wham them they moment you go off to take a leak. :)

Oh, I haven't ruled these out, don't you worry.

I wonder if anyone has accidentally clicked on the video at the top of the OP yet... :lol:
Before @Daniel posted this with it:
If you haven't heard the song before (you will have in the past if you've gone to malls at Christmas time :lol:) I am posting the official music video. That's the only time you can listen to the official version without losing.
but that has mysteriously been omitted... :mischievous:

Back