GTPlanet vs. Wham! - Round 3 (Endorsed by George Michael!*)

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 882 comments
I'm in for my second attempt, however I am fairly confident I will fail the same way I went last year! We will have a Christmas playlist at work which I will be subjected to once a week, no way the song won't be in there. Unless... :mischievous:

F1 fan
Should we have a cut off date for entrants? I remember last year, we had people wanting to enter a few days before Christmas. Hardly fair on those of us who have been here since the beginning.

Probably a good idea. I'm not running things, but may I suggest December 1st as a cutoff date?

Removed batteries from portable radios. Switched to CD in my car. Avoid to watch music shows in TV.

I guess I have good chances. I`m in. :)👍

Bring it. Although I may get Whammed! while going to get my Christmas tree. They have a Christmas CD playing most of the time and I always stop in the cafe to have the best bacon buttie ever.

Ross
Bring it. Although I may get Whammed! while going to get my Christmas tree. They have a Christmas CD playing most of the time and I always stop in the cafe to have the best bacon buttie ever.

I think everyone can appreciate a good bacon buttie!

Well, except Muslims, but that's a given.

Ross
:lol: Gotta be the southern way though. With butter.

I got news for you! It's not just southerners eat them like that! I'm from Wigan near Manchester and everyone else I know eats them like that too!

Smoked bacon, Lurpak butter, and HP sauce, with a coffee, best......hangover.......cure.......ever!

I got news for you! It's not just southerners eat them like that! I'm from Wigan near Manchester and everyone else I know eats them like that too!

Smoked bacon, Lurpak butter, and HP sauce, with a coffee, best......hangover.......cure.......ever!
Just the way it should be. And I'll have to try that if when I get drunk. :lol:

Sadly, with the new HP advert, it seems I cannot have HP sauce on my butties, as HP makes them manwiches. I have to put Heinz on so it's a womanwich.

I'll have a go at this. I didn't see this last year, probably because I was inactive then :lol:. In our household, nobody is allowed to think about Christmas until it's been my birthday (November 25th, mark your calendars), so I should be safe until then!

Oh, and does humming/singing it count? Because it's quite vividly in my head right now.

So we're back on this again? OK, cool. See if I can last longer than last time. :indiff:

- I'll join this too. So, don't worry, I'll probably be the first one, who's out.

Last edited:
Probably a good idea. I'm not running things, but may I suggest December 1st as a cutoff date?

That sounds good. Maybe the 'competition' could start that day as well?

Stormtrooper217
That sounds good. Maybe the 'competition' could start that day as well?

Bad idea IMHO. Part of the fun is seeing people lose ridiculously early. Like Kramer in "the contest".

Well I don't listen to the radio much, so I pretty much keep it to the music I buy or what's on Pandora.

So I should be all good as long as I don't stand still too long in Walmart. I really only even notice the music when I've got nothing else to think about.

The only reason I lost last year was because my mom played it in her car.

Well I lost :(

Was in the car and my sister was flipping through songs on my mom's iPhone. I only heard the first 15 seconds but I'm out.

Damn it.

TV should be no problem at the house this year considering we've only got like 5 channels on Dish network and I don't even have it hooked up in my room.

EDIT:
Though..when we're underway on the Wire(Cutter) everyone pretty much just sits below and watches VH1 and other stuff. So I'm pretty much :censored:ed.

Last edited:
I've lasted 21.5 hours into the competition - just. Scare within hours yesterday as I went shopping yesterday and Boots are already on the christmas songs! I didn't have my headphones with me, plus the girlfriend taking her own time to pick between all of her hair products, I thought I was out for sure!

I've lasted 21.5 hours into the competition - just. Scare within hours yesterday as I went shopping yesterday and Boots are already on the christmas songs! Plus the girlfriend taking her own time to pick between all of her hair products, I thought I was out for sure!

Man, talk about bad luck. :lol::ouch:

Stormtrooper217
Did he seriously lose that early? :lol:

Kramer? You need to watch "the contest" episode of Seinfeld. Classic episode. I seem to remember someone on gtp being knocked out mere hours after they entered last year. Very reminiscent of that episode of Seinfeld.

I'm in! oh, wait...... well i have a new job now, HOPEFULLY they dont turn on an xmas station.......

Back