GTPlanet vs. Wham! - 'Tis the Season To Be Whamful

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 465 comments
Working on another computer, more Christmas music and I'm staring at this:

Capture.PNG

And I have more files to transfer... :scared:

Been cover Whammed by Anderton's Youtube channel, but I've been Whammed for real today, fourtunately they did Wake me up before I went. So i'm still in.

Somehow after spending about four or five hours Christmas shopping yesterday, including three hours in a mall, I did not get Whammed. Might I add there was also some kind of chorus and dance concert or something going on inside the mall right where most of the stores were that I stopped in. Lucky escape.

Somehow, I'm still in. I've had a few close calls. Like a week ago, I'm in my room lying in bed and I hear "All I Want For Christmas is You" start to play over our apartments Bluetooth speaker. I bolted into the living room to find my little brother had loaded up a playlist on YouTube and Last Christmas was next. Stopped it in time.
I've been in Walmarts and malls and they all seem to be playing classic songs.
Seems like the only way I'll be whammed is if my local talk radio station decides to put it into their bumper rotation.

Last edited:
Even though I never officially entered my name (suck it, @dice1998) I've been whammed. In the stupid 🤬 supermarket again! Minding my own 🤬 business, shopping for 🤬 food and — boom — whammed! like a little so and so. :lol:

Bastard. RIP, George Michael. I'm both sad and angry all at the same.

Got Whammed again at the Penguins game tonight. The arena decided to play cheesy 80's Christmas hits before the gates opened.

I've been listening to Christmas music in my hotel room since Monday and I'm still in the clear. Is this what it feels like to be awesome?

Last day at work before the holiday and a colleague just tuned in on a Christmas station via his laptop. :nervous:
Luckily there won't be that much music at the Christmas party at the end of the day, but I'll be Whammed by then, I reckon I won't even make it till lunch.

So I haven't been taken part this year for reasons I stated a few weeks ago but you might be interested in this.

There has been a big Facebook campaign to get Last Christmas to Christmas number one in the UK, its never got to number one here and its the biggest selling song not to get to number one here, the Christmas chart is nearly finished and I can tell you that Last Christmas got to.......number three! Which is a shame really as I think it would've have been a nice tribute to George on the first anniversary of his sad passing.

Christmas top five in the UK 2017

1. Ed Sheeran (ft Beyoncé)- Perfect
2. Eminem (ft Ed Sheeran)- River
3. Wham-Last Christmas
4. Mariah Carey- All I Want For Christmas Is You
5. Rita Ora- Anywhere

Eminem top of the Album Chart

You know, since I'm whammed already therefore I don't care if I hear it anymore, I've been visiting various malls to do my shopping. And I still haven't heard it once. Not once. I've heard pretty much every other song there is, but never Last Christmas. That's three malls, about four hours a time, and not one whamming. Bottom line, in order to survive Whammageddon, DO ALL YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING IN NEW ZEALAND!!!:lol:

A propaganda jingle from the radio had Wham! After going to the hospital to get my lip sewed back together I thought my day could get any worse. I'm out @Daniel

Screw Last Christmas, this should be #1!

:lol:

Still no sign of George, I have a new personal best this year!

Things are getting rough. The boss decided to play Christmas music today. This may be it, boys.

Visiting my Grandmothers today and she has a local radio station on that I know has Last Christmas in it's rotation. This could be it boys.

Edit: Survived to fight another day.

Last edited:
After being Whammed in Greggs the bakers earlier this year, I received a second dose in my friend's car today. His name is Greg.
Proof the Earth is flat.

GTP VS WHAM JOURNAL - DAY 50
DECEMBER 21ST: 14:37

I've been successful in evading these.. things for weeks. Ever since they took over the broadcasting equipment, everyone around town had been acting, well, strange.

I'm running out of rations in my bunker, I'm going to have to raid the local supermarket for supplies.

I'm in the supermarket and there's hardly anything left, the other survivors must have gotten here first. I'll have a look in the back.

It's pitch black in he...

*opening jungle plays*

What's that noise? I'll try to see what it is by turning on my phone flashlight.

*turns on light and is greeted by thousands of foul beasts*

Oh God, they're everywhere! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

*screams of pain and suffering as I am eaten alive by George Micheal fans, meanwhile the chorus of Last Christmas plays in the background.*

@Daniel if you couldn't tell I got whammed at the store two days ago.

Back