GTPlanet vs. Wham! - 'Tis the Season To Be Whamful

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 465 comments
At painting with a twist (one of those drink and paint places). So far it's just been a mix of pop from 90s-current, but i am a little worried.

Edit: made it out safe!

Last edited:
Thing Two wanted a long sleeve white dress shirt for his concert tomorrow so I braved a couple of stores in the mall yesterday. Christmas songs a-plenty but I remain Wham! free.

download.jpg

Fair warning, apparently there are some Snapchat filters with Christmas music. I don't know yet if Wham is featured in any of them but I'm more than a little scared to find out. Just the thought alone is intimidating. :nervous:

I failed to mention this last week, but my aunt was streaming Christmas music on the TV last Thursday night. In a reverse twist of @TB's fears with his niece, I got whammed by my aunt.

RIP me.

@Daniel I'm out.

Never trust family. Never.

I never entered prior to the December deadline, however I can confirm I am out now anyway. I think making it to December itself is a personal record, however Friday was brutal, I was Whammed 3 times in the same afternoon! 🤬🤬🤬

I don't know why I wake up to Chris Evans of a morning (I guess to force me to get up to turn off the radio). Today left a particularly bitter taste considering the first track he played.

@Daniel out

I supposed being sick has some really strong advantages (Mostly avoiding the whammery by @nascarfan1400 , which now means avoiding all streams from him until January :lol:)

I don't know why I wake up to Chris Evans of a morning (I guess to force me to get up to turn off the radio). Today left a particularly bitter taste considering the first track he played.

@Daniel out

Damn, Whammed by Chris Evans. Time to write a strongly worded letter..well, email actually because letters are so pre-internet.

Turned the car on this morning, got cover-Whammed by Jimmy Eat World.

Ok what...?

In the UK listening to Absolute Radio at work.

The DJ just announced a fun little game to play that he calls “Whamageddon”. The object of the game is to go as long as possible without hearing Last Christmas.

Sounds oddly familiar. :odd:

Last edited:
Ok what...?

In the UK listening to Absolute Radio at work.

The DJ just announced a fun little game to play that he calls “Whamageddon”. The object of the game is to go as long as possible without hearing Last Christmas.

Sounds oddly familiar. :odd:

RIP, now everyone (at least in the UK) is on to it. You know the drill:

7238989_1007.jpg

Got cover Whammed today. I got a bad feeling that my cold streak will be getting colder. It's only a matter of time before I'm out because I know this station will play the real song soon if they are playing the covers.

Well, I've been whammed. Thanks @Vic Reign93, you're such a wonderful person. Making a specially-booby trapped vid just for me! How thoughtful... :lol:

@Daniel @TB

Worth it :P

When you sign up for this, you have to assume everyone on GTP is out to get ya, even your friends too. :D

Heck last year the websites system was tweaked so that it would play last christmas when you liked someone’s comment and the year before that IIRC they had the video auto play when you came on to the website on PC. :mischievous:

But in any case, We both got what we wanted from that video, You got to improve your time at Bathurst and I got my first confirmed whamming on someone. :lol:

Worth it :P

When you sign up for this, you have to assume everyone on GTP is out to get ya, even your friends too. :D

Heck last year the websites system was tweaked so that it would play last christmas when you liked someone’s comment and the year before that IIRC they had the video auto play when you came on to the website on PC. :mischievous:

But in any case, We both got what we wanted from that video, You got to improve your time at Bathurst and I got my first confirmed whamming on someone. :lol:
If context clues serve me right, you whammed him during one of the COTW runs?

If context clues serve me right, you whammed him during one of the COTW runs?
Surprisingly not, He mentioned at this weeks meet up how the guys who ran in the New Zealand GT Sport championship recently were running 2:01 laps in GT-R GT3’s and he could only do 2:05’s on GT6.

I then mentioned how I did a 2:01.090 in the same car when Jann Mardenborough posted a challenge back in February this year IIRC, I told him I had the replay and was willing to record and post it for him.

And I did just that and then Wham!! :lol:

Back