GTPlanet vs. Wham! - 'Tis the Season To Be Whamful

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 465 comments
I'm out

I had to pick something up when I went out for lunch and the station they had on weren't even playing Christmas music, but they played it just as I was about to leave the store.

@Daniel

I then mentioned how I did a 2:01.090 in the same car when Jann Mardenborough posted a challenge back in February this year IIRC, I told him I had the replay and was willing to record and post it for him

Admittedly, the vid did help me boost my performance to the point where I even beat his time, so that's sort of a silver lining. But still, whammed in my first ever Whammageddon. Bring on next year!

Sorry for the lack of updates to the OP. Again been quite busy with life!

I've managed to go an entire week without hearing the song because I've now started a job at work's head office. Guaranteed I'll be hearing it tomorrow since I'm still working in-store. I hear it every single time I'm there.

I've just lost this year's game that I wasn't really playing anyway. Did it by walking into an Eat for some brunch.

George Michael's voice remains undefeated against me.

I had a close call yesterday. So I was heading to school with my earphones on then I heard someone playing Last Christmas. I then go to the guy playing the song then I realized he was playing the Glee version.

Talk about close call back there.

Last Christmas at number 3 in the UK singles chart, 17 Christmas songs in the top 40.

Welp. Word to the wise, don’t go grocery shopping. Getting the Last Christmas treatment as I type this at the Schnuck’s in Town and Country, Missouri. 7:24 PM, December 15, 2017.

A day that will live in infamy. The two year streak is OVER.

Welp. Word to the wise, don’t go grocery shopping. Getting the Last Christmas treatment as I type this at the Schnuck’s in Town and Country, Missouri. 7:24 PM, December 15, 2017.

A day that will live in infamy. The two year streak is OVER.
I know that feel bro :(

Damn, I thought I had a good thing going because no radio stations were playing the song apparently. Heard plenty of Christmas music, but no Wham.

That is till I went to the store and it was one of the first songs that I heard. Great. :irked:

@Daniel I'm out

The game is spreading. I just saw a friend on Facebook (who knows nothing of the game) post a status about playing it. Though they are only doing it through December... Peasant (says the guy who isn't even playing the game).

Whammed again, this time at work
But I'm not celebrating Christmas this year

@Daniel, I'm out. Someone's phone/speaker was playing all the standard Christmas trite at work, and sure enough I once again had to face the wrath of the George of Christmas Last.

Wow just wow. Was going so well then I thought it would be a good idea to watch a video on Facebook of some people visiting Santa (ladbaby). Well I'm out @Daniel

Last edited:
So far so good, but then the last couple of year I got whammed by my mother listening to the radio at home, anything can happen.

I think Utahns loathe anything 1980's. All the ladies at work at playing Xmas music non-stop, but I've yet to hear Wham. I have heard Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Xmas is You" about 17 million times though. Hopefully they don't get a hankering to hear the soothing sounds of George Michael.

Still going strong so far however my plan for tomorrow is to go Christmas shopping. And I'll be going places that have a high chance of Wham. Death is near.

I got Whammed again...GF drove the car the day before and left it on a christmas station. I even called her out on it since she despises christmas music. As soon as I realized what was happening, I said F* it and sang along before changing the station. Whatever, its christmas.

I've been listening to Christmas Pandora for two days. Hmm.

I must have downvoted the song in question last year :lol:

Working on someone's computer.

Carol of the Bells just came on.

Must. Work. Faster.

Got cover-whammed in the car yesterday, so far surviving longer than previous years.
Maybe, just maybe I'll be victorious this time.

Back