• DSC_0020.jpg
    DSC_0020.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 7
  • GTPSPDTMTAC.zip
    109 KB · Views: 8
Well done guys ! Detroitbb, nose to nose again ;) ! Lion-Face, amazing 👍 !

One question now : do you guys want to continue and compete on Challenge 2-Nurburgring- even though there are only three of us ? I'd love to but want to know if you're in too ;) ! We can change the deadlines according to us now ;) ! You think about it and tell me ?

See you soon in this Challenge or another one ;) !

Thanks Easy :)

I'm keen for sure. Also disappointed at the turnout but that won't stop me racing! Up to you guys if we carry on.

Yep, I'm surprised too ! I thought we would be at least five competitors but... Well, they still can compete for the title if they agree to run the Penalty Condition lap. I think the Nurburgring Challenge can be open to everyone who wants to compete in, but the DTM will only make sense if we are at least 3 (one Champion, 2nd and 3rd)...

👍👍👍 (Detroitbb, we'll have to see the track bigger than we used to : even if we have new rules about the rumble strips, I'm still afraid of them and tend to avoid running on them ! But if we want to keep up with Lion-Face, we should see the track wider than we used to see it ;) )

So without any further ado...... :

Challenge 2 Nürburgring two weeks -> Sunday, April 25th to Sunday, May 9th. is on !!!
(I'll think about one or two fair GMT and propose them to vote ;) !)

Have a nice day ! :gtpflag:

PS : If you still want to run in this challenge but missed the deadline, you still have a chance to stay in the competition (see the rules, #10 "Penalty Condition") !

hi guys, i am still in the race , i been busy these days so could not get the alfa, also didnt made a good laps over valencia(i hate that track,well because i just suck on it)but i am still on the nurburgring supremacy, so easyasashii tell me there is an penalty, i will update these times an soon as i get the alfa, so let get to the green hell

Ok akiraacecombat, here is the penalty condition :

[...]

10. Penalty Condition :
"Penalty Condition" will be given to competitors who miss the deadline for time submission(s) or submit an unclean lap but still want to compete. They will have a 48 hours timeframe to submit their time(s) BUT will have to run with S3/S3, and can only match the 4th best time even if they did better (for instance top 4 is 1'40.000, 1'40.200 and 1'40.400 and 1'40.600, if the S3/S3 competitor run a 1'40.300, he'll be granted a 1'40.600 laptime). [...]

So, you'll have to post your photo+datas BEFORE April 30 3:07 am GMT + 2 ! Good luck ;) !

Ok guys ! I ran 10 laps with the AMG -1hour and half- actually, here is my time :

7'03.988 (my 6th lap)

Then I had three laps with 1-2 seconds faster than my ghost before going off-track each time (how do they do a 24 hours ???) so I guess we would be around 6'59.xxx with the AMG. I'll try the Alfa later in the week, I have to run a faster+clean lap with the AMG, I'm so close to 7'01.9xx...

Good luck guys !

Current Nurburgring time:

6:59.740 - AMG Merc touring car.

@Easyasashii - here is new photo showing physics+tires, sorry bout mistake.

Attachments

• DSC_0024.jpg
    DSC_0024.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 11
Already broke the 7 minutes !!! Ouch !!! I'm not there yet ! Guess I'll run tonight ! Well done Lion-Face ! And thanks for the photo -I like the drawing :lol:- !

Ok akiraacecombat, [...], you'll have to post your photo+datas BEFORE April 30 3:07 am GMT + 2 ! Good luck ;) !

You missed this one again akiraacecombat... Please try to be sure that you'll be in the competition till the end before raising false hopes for me or giving me ill-founded joy... I was happy to see you coming back but then disappointed...

Now you can compete in this competition if you want to but your times won't be in the leaderboard, sorry man, I gotta stick to the rules...

Have a nice day guys !

Today's not my Gran Turismo lucky day... When the Green Hell wakes up... Manage to run a faster lap but with lots of rookie mistakes, worst first 2 splits ever, Karussel... Can't manage to run a great lap without messing up one corner, damn it ! Haven't tried the alfa yet.

7'02.199

I really want to break that 7' minutes barrier but I'm not constant enough, you must have run a hell of a lap Lion-Face !

Good luck Detroitbb !

Last edited:
Yeah its not easy cracking the 7minute barrier, the lap I did was just push push push all the way, messed a few corners up, but you can never be 100% happy with a lap around Nurburgring. I will attempt a faster time, I know a faster time can be achieved, my current lap I lost approx 1.5seconds compared to my slower ghost, but actually getting a lap thats better in the slower places and still be as fast everywhere else is very hard to do over 7minutes.

I had even less time with the PSP than I originally thought (it has since returned to with my son to his house). I never did run a clean lap. I had one that saw three of my tires slide onto the grass at one point. But that lap was only 7'15.xxx in the AMG. I didn't even get a chance to use the Alfa Romeo. I'll have to save that for next weekend!

Hi guys ! I'm slower with the Alfa till the long straight !!?? You guys too ???
I only have a dirty 7'06.514 with the Alfa... This challenge really starts to be painful ! I kinda envy you Detroitbb, I keep on running dirty laps, I would rather not run at all and wait for the last days to run !!!

Good luck !

The Alfa is a weird one, I can't get my setup right, either too much understeer, or too much oversteer. When I'm running as fast as I can against my AMG Ghost, I'm about 0.500 seconds up at each sector. But its hard to maintain that over the whole lap. I have a feeling, if I get my setup right, i'll be a few seconds faster than the AMG. At a guess a 6:56.xxx is what I think is reasonably what I'll end up on, but I think it can go faster than that.

Am yet to get a clean lap down though so nothing official with the Alfa. Have attempted with the AMG a few more times, I have been faster, potentially a 7:57.xxx but can't hold it through the whole lap. There is time there, but you have to have a bit of luck on your side to hit it.

I'm not as patient as you might be lion-face ! I tried again the AMG, feel better than the Alfa -maybe because more used to it- get my usual 0'43.xxx, 1'17.5/8xx., 1'45.xxx, 2'35.xxx then I don't know why : off-track, late brake, etc. My current 7'02.199's splits are 0'44.145, 1'18.052, 1'46.057, 2'35.783... But I can see I was tired at that time cause my driving lines are odds and did run on rumble strips where I usually don't , so I know I can do better but, got a Green Hell OD ;) !

I'll try some tuning for the Alfa ! Good luck !

Yeah the AMG feels better at Nurburgring, it goes where you point it, while the Alfa feels like your fighting to get the front end turned in, and if you accel too soon then you just run out of road. The Alfa's advantage is that it has better downforce and more powerful engine, along with 4WD, so in the faster corners and straights, it easily outperforms the AMG.

EDIT: Is it ok to post ghost of current best time?

Last edited:
Hi guys ! I just run a 6'59.018 lap, made lots of mistakes, very/too wide sometimes, almost went off-track after the Wippermann Pflantzgarten jump, and I went too wide at Schwalbenshwanz (last corner before long straight) and I wanted to know if you think it is clean or dirty : made a video of the corner :

http://demo.ovh.com/en/9648efc78f0467c0308a95e54142d3e8/

Speaking frankly I hope I'll do better than that ! However I would say it's clean but I want to be fair in my judgement so what do you think ? Dirty or clean ?

I'll post my ghost too if you want to watch the all lap (you'll see all my mistakes ;))

EDIT : of course you can post ;) !!! When it is your submission time just tell us ! And if you are afraid of missing the deadline but already posted a ghost, I'll consider the ghost as submission !

EDIT2 : added Nurburgring map !

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B63E8276D02.rar
    61.1 KB · Views: 4
  • nordschleife.jpg
    nordschleife.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Yeah I think thats clean, your right wheels were on the white line, not over it. I would call that clean. Wouldn't want to have gone any further though! that was close! :D

That's what I would say... Did you watch my replay ? Saw anything else that could be unclean because I tried to push, push and push so... BTW where are you at with the Alfa ?

Detroitbb ? What do you think about the corner ?

Back