GTPlanet Worldwide Special Time Attack Challenge : "DTM Legends, AMG vs Alfa"

lion-face, I might have found something here ;) ! A friend of mine -chinese geek- think he might be able to help ! I told him that the problem you have is with a PSPGo + latest version of the official firmware, so 6.20 right ???

I'm running the downloaded version of Gran Turismo on my PSPGo with the latest firmware.
You did the lap with the ferrari few days ago and you still have problem with the ghost, still correct ?
If it so, he told me you should try to run another lap with another car but not a [SP MODEL], let's say the Amuse S2000 GT1 R3/R3 for example ;) !
You might have a problem with your SP MODEL, did you download it with the pack in january ??? might be a problem here !!!

Could you please answer those 3 questions (in purple), and run+post that lap please ? Thanks ! Might see the end of the tunnel 👍

lion-face, I might have found something here ;) ! A friend of mine -chinese geek- think he might be able to help ! I told him that the problem you have is with a PSPGo + latest version of the official firmware, so 6.20 right ???

You did the lap with the ferrari few days ago and you still have problem with the ghost, still correct ?
If it so, he told me you should try to run another lap with another car but not a [SP MODEL], let's say the Amuse S2000 GT1 R3/R3 for example ;) !
You might have a problem with your SP MODEL, did you download it with the pack in january ??? might be a problem here !!!

Could you please answer those 3 questions (in purple), and run+post that lap please ? Thanks ! Might see the end of the tunnel 👍

Yes, PSPGo + Sony Firmware 6.20

Since you mentioned that, most of my 'ghost replay' laps have been with the "SP MODEL" cars, and none of them have made the end of the lap.

I have now just done it with the Alfa DTM around Nurburgring and its recorded and displayed the whole lap, so it works just fine! Never thought that would be the issue. Problem solved! :D thanks man!

Good to know 👍 !!!

But just to narrow it down a little bit more, does the Ferrari SP Model you used come from the january pack in the EUR PSN Store ??? He wants to run some tests but with the same situtation : "when, where, what" ! Thanks !

Yes it does, but I had it when GTPSP first came out as it was a 'pre-order' bonus in NZ, you got the whole set of pre-order cars (SP Model cars) if you pre-ordered. But its identical to the GTPSP pack that turned up on the store in January.

Hi guys ! Tomorrow is the d-day ! Please remember to make yourselves familiar with the rules before entering the competition. For those who did read them, be careful, I updated them :

"Qualify" is not needed anymore... So deleted it.

But if you could still run some laps in GTCr@zyPSP's challenge, that would be great !

See you tomorrow ;) !!!

hi all

i will try this challange.

im not good with computers so it can be hard to upload this vids and all this things...

one strange problem .. when play valencia in race mode it stay level d i try div cars div opponents and make many first places and still d ? somebody now something?

ah, idont play all courses s but around 15 and first time this problem

hi all

i will try this challange.
Welcome 👍
im not good with computers so it can be hard to upload this vids and all this things...
If you need more explanation, send me a PM, I'll try to guide you through the process cause : you'll have to post ghost datas ;) !

one strange problem .. when play valencia in race mode it stay level d i try div cars div opponents and make many first places and still d ? somebody now something?

ah, idont play all courses s but around 15 and first time this problem

Nope... Sorry.

i run tree days now and get a 1.41.628 with mercedes amg:)

thanks easyasashii for help. i find that miracle, i m already on s :lol: sorry!

Challenge 1 : Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo ! Let's get it started !!! :gtpflag:

(Please make sure you read the rules before entering this competition ;) ! )

Good luck guys ! :gtpflag: !

Last edited:
Code:
"...we would like to compete with members who don't use CFW, it is just an ethic problem."

I'm leaving the competition. I just can't believe that some person(s) have called MY ethics into question because of my use of custom firmware. I don't cheat. But because I want to retain the PSP's original design intent to have kernel mode access (to use PSP Rhythm and the screenshot.prx, for instance), I have somehow been deemed unethical. This is straight up ******** and I'm not only highly insulted, but pretty disappointed that some people seem to judge others not based on their individual actions, but by some vague association (in this case, use of CFW).

I could have kept my mouth shut as nobody would ever know if I used it or not, but that would have been cowardly of me. I honestly feel that this isn't right and I need to voice my very passionate opinion on this subject. Besides that, I feel like I have to defend my integrity and morals... and I shouldn't have to because I'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG (but am still branded with a sort of 'scarlet letter').

So good luck with the competition and I hope that people reading this can at least take something positive away from this incident - to always judge people by their individual actions and not by dubious assumptions.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings Detroitbb, that's not what I meant, there is a misunderstanding here. I'll try to explain myself :

everybody is different, ethic code depends on where you're born, the education you had, your culture. For some people something can be right according to their own customs / culture whereas for other people it can be wrong. I'm living in China and trust me we sure have a different way of seing things. My wife is chinese, she has an Nintendo DS and downloaded more than 200 games, she loves download movies, music etc. I think it's wrong, she doesn't feel that way cause in China everybody is downloading, they ALL have a psp cracked with CFW, download all the games, everything. In France, downloading is forbidden by law. It's not because she's doing it that she's a bad person either, our ethic code is just different, I still love her !

According to what the scei says, we can't say that using CFW is legal, not using a CFW is part of our obligations, obligations we accepted the day we bought our psp. So, to me, using a CFW is ethically wrong because it is against the moral contract I accepted.

BUT I won't say that someone who's using a CFW is a bad person and I sure didn't say he/she's a cheater, I don't know where this comes from. I admit there are good stuffs with CFW (I'd love to have those screenshots to put in my website), but I just personaly don't want to use one because I want to do things I think are right. However, it's not because I think this is right that it really is !

So I was wrong to say "we", my bad (you'll see later why I used "we"). However I said "would like" not "want" cause I do know it is an utopia, it is not a real problem (/issue/matter ??? in french problem is neutral can be positive or negative, I assumed "problem was neutral in english but might be wrong...), and the rules I wrote and agreed to be in don't say that CFW user are banned, only CFW tuning, so I know with who I'm competing with, and I'm OK with that. I know you have a CFW, I know others do and that doesn't make you cheaters or even bad persons...

Again, I am deeply sorry I did hurt your feeling, please accept my apologies for that. I can see that the way I said what I said is really offensive, it didn't come out right (I'll try to find a way to delete these messages). But I have to say that even if I do think using CFW is ethically wrong, it doesn't mean I think I'm right and doesn't say that you are a cheater or even a bad person ! This is just my point of view, I was wrong saying "we". I was also shocked to see that someone who's promoting the use of CFW and write tutorials about it wasn't banned, but it does points out that it's not because I think it is wrong that it is. However how come someone who is promotting CFW in other threads is allowed to do so but once I want to speak about law what I think is legal and about ethic, I have this kind of reaction from members ? I accepted the fact that people are happy to use CFW even if it does hurts my feelings by being against my ethic code, but I did get over it because there are a lots of nice CFW users who do know that cheating is wrong, so same team ! Again, I even thanked you for the link that speak about CFW, and encouraged GTCr@zyPSP to host Hybrid TAC, which enhance the fact that I don't have problem with people who are using CFW !

Consequently, the competition I host is open to everyone, CFW users are welcomed as long as they don't use CFW tuning, hybrid cars. I do trust you, I told you I like the competition we have between us and I did know you use CFW ! We just have two different opinions about CFW, that's all. You like CFW, I don't, but we both like fair competition !

So why did I say that ? I was just trying to make a point to GTCr@zyPSP who has a tendency not to accept that other people can have different point of view. If he wants to use CFW and feels good about this whereas he knows it's not really legal, it's up to him, everybody has its own ethic code.

But cheating with CFW is against our rules, rules that don't ban CFW users. He did know that that's what we meant even before asking, we talked about it through PM, he said so too after, if I personaly think using CFW is wrong, he doesn't, you don't -different points of view, different ethic code, I respect that- but we all agree to say that using CFW to cheat is wrong that's why it is forbidden by the rules we wrote, and that's what important here and we are all ok with that ! You did read them too just before the thread was opened...

I was just annoyed by the fact that, according to what I already told him by PM, that he call me -"us" by the way that's why I used "we", but obviously was wrong cause I can't define "us" - "little sissies" because I told him I didn't want his challenge to be part of mine anymore because some of us saw the Qualify part unrealistic, the use of CFW didn't help it either, we were writting rules, I didn't know where we were going with that so decided to cancel the "qualify" part, he overeacted.
(Sorry it is a little bit easy now he's banned but I have to quote him : "If you guys are going to be lil sissies and look for excuses as to why you cant keep up, thats fine by me...").

I forgave him wishing for the best and then I had a hard time to explain to him he misunderstood my reasons try to calm things down but he was stuborn, he saw the negativity everywhere and took shortcuts = Ban CFW tuning = ban CFW (I admit I did kinda do the same through those PM), CFW = Cheater (that I didn't !)! When I saw his apparently "naive" question, I reacted or I should say, overreacted, I wanted to push him telling us what he really wanted to say and he did...

Knowing something might go wrong, I did ask daan by PM about the message I posted, asked if I was doing/saying something wrong -he didn't answer my message though, I don't blame him either, no answer doesn't mean a yes or a no- : "do you think I did something wrong with this last message (here) ? [...] I'm a little bit confused now : did I say something wrong ? Please tell me ...".
The only thing I saw after is GTCr@zyPSP's answer and then he was banned (for the 3rd time...)

So competing with guys using CFW is OK as long as they don't use it to cheat ! I would be glad you come back in the competition, you're a great and fair competitor... We just have different points of view on one subject, the CFW in itself, but as long as it hasn't a consequence on the competition, I'm fine with it ! Just different opinions.

Again, I'm deeply sorry to have hurt your feelings, I should have just said "yes" to his question, my bad... Could we start over and forget about this drama please ?

:cheers: ?

Last edited:
Hi guys ! I run few laps, here is what I have so far :

- Alfa : 1'39.318
- AMG : 1'40.562

(- Overall : 3'19.880)

By the end of the week I think we'll see some drivers at least in the 1'38.xxx with the Alfa and 1'39.xxx, with the AMG -or even faster...??? :scared:-

Good luck ;) ! Happy racing :gtpflag: !

EDIT : not that easy to do a 1'39.xxx lap (I'm at the door step : 1'40.117 ;), but not easy at all...)

Last edited:
I apologize for not understanding what you were trying to say, easy. Between you posting Sony's EULA (along with highlighting a specific section) and specifically mentioning 'members who don't use CFW', I thought it was clear what you were trying to imply. I guess I was wrong... and for that, I am sorry.

No, it's my bad, english is not my native language so I should be more carefull about what I say and especially how I say it ! Well, life is short, the past belongs to the past, we're all going forward ! Every cloud has a silver lining !

So, can we hope to see you compete in this challenge ;) ?

Last edited:
hi friends

i buy that alfa :)

fuchur

;)👍 !

OK guys, the submission time/deadline will change to Sunday 3:59 pm GMT+2 (València, Nürburg time). I think it might be fairer (/more fair ?) like that, and stick more with the challenge ! I'll spare you the Maths Headaches :ouch::banghead:, I already had them ;) (I'll double check later and will update the thread) ! So here is what your deadline will/would be (if you're in) :

overheating + EA11R (GMT -7) : sunday 6:59 am (sorry guys...That's why I delayed it to sunday)

Glubags + akiraacecombat (GMT -5, CDT) : sunday 8:59 am

Detroitbb (GMT -4, EDT) : sunday 9:59 am

pvr77 (GMT -3) : sunday 10:59 am

lbsf1 + PiTch_ + Fuchur (GMT +2) : sunday 3:59 pm / 15:59

easyasashii + psp88 (GMT +8) : sunday 9:59 pm / 21:59

barny0111 (GMT +10) : sunday 11:59 pm / 23:59

Lion-Face (GMT +12) : monday 1:59 am

Does that sound fair to you guys ? I hope I didn't make any mistake... Let me know if I did -and yet I said I'll spare you the maths headaches...:embarrassed:

Is sunday would be a problem ???

Have a nice day !

EDIT : I advise you to go to My GTPlanet (User Control Panel) > Edit Options > Date & Time Options > Time Zone > scroll to "(GMT +2:00) Kaliningrad, South Africa" ! Then You'll have your GTPlanet pages set with the right time !

Last edited:
Don't worry about that Fuchur, a fast lap will come by itself as long as you run lap after lap by focusing on being clean, a fast and clean lap will come ! Then nothing will stop you ;) !

I finally broke it !
- AMG : 1'39.920

Time to see how is Italy !

Where are you at guys ?

As soon as I can get my son's PSP on Friday night, I'll run some laps and post my times.

:cheers: Very happy to know that !!! 👍👍👍 ! Good luck !

I am glad to see that Easy and Detroit aren't fighting anymore 👍

Not really a fight ;), just a little misunderstanding ! "A demande insolente, réponse tranchante" (Shameless craving must have a shameful nay. ???) I did say something offensive, he helped me to see that by giving me the passionate answer I deserved ! That's how you get to know each other and build friendship !

In France, we have a common saying : "Deux avis valent mieux qu'un" (Two points of view are better than just one) = Two heads are better than one ? A good way to keep in mind that we have to see life as an endless learning process about oneself, the others' opinions will help you to learn about yourself, about what you think and about what you are. Life is short, so the better day, the better deed.

Well, let's stop talking "philosophy" and let's RACE :gtpflag: !!!

Last edited:
Hi guys, my update for today :

- Alfa : 1'38.683 (I can see GPL -Glubags, PiTch_, Lion-Face- in the 1'37.xxx)
- AMG : 1'39.920

- Overall : 3'18.603

Good luck guys !

After seeing your times, easy, I can tell that I'm going to have a frantic Friday night after my son goes to bed (and I get to use his PSP)!

I'm sure you'll surprise us, I remember Paris ;) !

If it can help,

Alfa (not tuned -well I did try but make it worse so...-)
AMG (tuned -but still not pleased with this time, I'm afraid it is a little bit too slow... Hard to say, I don't know where you guys at ! ;) )

Good luck, and remember the deadline has changed -sunday 3:59 am GMT+2- !

Hey, easy... you might want to note the submission time change in the original post as some people might not see the new one (Sunday 3:59 pm/GMT+2).

:)

I ran a bunch of laps last night and will do some more tonight - hopefully I'll get a somewhat competitive time!

Hey, easy... you might want to note the submission time change in the original post as some people might not see the new one (Sunday 3:59 pm/GMT+2).

:)

I ran a bunch of laps last night and will do some more tonight - hopefully I'll get a somewhat competitive time!

Oh thanks Detroitbb ! I was sure I did update the original post but with an HUGE mistake (wrote 3:59 am and not pm !) ! Thanks 👍 !

So, today is challenge 1 last day (sunday 25th) ! Deadline is 3:59 pm GMT+2 !

Tips : I advise you to go to My GTPlanet (User Control Panel) > Edit Options > Date & Time Options > Time Zone > scroll to "(GMT +2:00) Kaliningrad, South Africa" ! Then You'll have your GTPlanet pages set with the right time !

Good luck ! :gtpflag:

hi so far i have done just laps with the mercedez, but i just suck at valencia, i just suck at valencia, i have done so far 1:42:341,with the amg , still no sight of the alfa, but also i been busy this week with job and in the free time with the gknova6 stuff, i really like decoding and i have moe concentration on that by the moment,but i will make my best on the nurburgring, a questions:

deadline, already have it, and two the replays are summited to you in a PM or we post them here.

Like we did in every GTPTAC : post everything here : photos + Ghost replay datas ;) ! Make sure you post them before deadline (3:59 pm GMT+2 so should be before sunday 8:59 am for you) !

Hi guys ! Still have a little bit more than one hour to go before deadline !

My submission :

Alfa : 1'38.383
AMG : 1'39.100 (not very proud, I think I could have done better but didn't want to come...)

Overall : 3'17.483

Good luck !

Attachments

• IMG_87.JPG
    IMG_87.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_89.JPG
    IMG_89.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 8
  • UCES01245RPLY-B8337505E00.rar
    54.4 KB · Views: 5
  • UCES01245RPLY-B8337505E07.rar