GTPlanet Worldwide Special Time Attack Challenge : "DTM Legends, AMG vs Alfa"

oh nooooooooo !!!

Got a good hand with the Alfa :

1. 7'01.324
2. 7'02.471 :grumpy:
3. 7'00.415 :)
4. 6'59.567 :D
5. I was 0'02.865 ahead of my ghost, the perfect lap, all turquoise-blue splits ! :scared:... and went to the grass at the very last corner just before the finish line :banghead:, shut down the psp before trying to see if it could fly from the 16th floor -I didn't do it ;)-!!!

I think my 6'59.018 might be my submission time...

Last edited:
You have your psp ???!

I'm so doomed !!! I have two 6'58.xxx, one 6'57.xxx, all unclean at one point !!! I'm so tired of my unclean laps, each time I have a faster than 2'34.500 split : 2.5 wheels off track few corners later... Well... Green Hell !!! I did know that kind of things would happen, not that much though... !

Good luck guys ! Lion-Face, I don't think we'll be able to catch up with you, you're the Legend ! I'll just hope I'll have at least a 6'58 clean lap with the Alfa, and have to try again the AMG ! Two days to go !

Last edited:
My submission time part 1 :

Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 : 6'56.735 !

Too scared of going off-road, made two -at least- msitakes : 2nd corner just after seing my 2'34.076 split and, under the pressure, Pflantzgarten jump's right corner -was really afraid of going off -track because I usually do it when I got a great time !- !

Detroitbb, it will be tough for you but I know you won't give up and you might even surprise us, I sincerely hope you'll do great laps ;) ! Good luck my friend !

akiraacecombat, where are you at ?

PiTch_ ??? Did you try anything ?

Well, time to start that AMG's engine again ! I'm still in the 7', have to break it before deadline !

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B63E8276D07.rar
    61 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_95.JPG
    IMG_95.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Your Replay is clean easyasashii, certainly entertaining! You just throw the car into the corners and take them sideways. I was surprised at the lap time you pulled out of it, super quick! I just raced against your ghost, you are very quick through the first half of the lap.

From what I can make out, your mistake entering Bergwerk cost you probably the most, and you appeared slower right from Karussell through to about Pflanzgarten, although only slightly, I guess between those two areas you probably lost 2 seconds to me. And then again in the last chicane coming off the final straight, you played it safe, which if you had attacked it, you may have just beat my time. I was following your ghost here from about .3xx behind, and crossed the line beating your ghost by more than .5xx just in that chicane alone. But very fast lap, certainly one to be proud of 👍

Here are my submissions. I haven't been able to improve on my times. I haven't really tried to either, I've gotten into lapping the Bugatti around the Nurburgring so kinda lost focus in the last week or so sorry! :scared:

AMG Mercedes - 6:59.740
Alfa Romeo 155 - 6:55.790

Attachments

• DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Alfa.zip
    62.4 KB · Views: 6
  • AMG.zip
    62.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I got one (only one) clean lap with the AMG somewhere in the 7'14.xxx range.

I thought that I ran a clean lap with the Alfa Romeo, but the replay showed a single spark. I guess I must have hit a guardrail or something. That lap was around 7'05.xxx.

I'll try some more tonight after my son goes to bed!

Thanks Lion-Face, I sure went for a safe second half cause I used to go off track in that part (trying too much, pressure's on...) ! After I found out that I was too slow at one particular corner and corrected my braking point, I did often have a 2'33 split but always wasted it after, Pflanzgarten is the one I messed up each time I had something good, Karussell is really special...

Saw only one 6'59 with the AMG -dirty of course!- and I will be busy on Sunday so... But I'll try till the end of the challenge !

Good luck Detroitbb 👍 !

Here is my submission part 2 :

AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car '92 : 7'02.199

I hate that lap but too tired of having faster but dirty laps (this one isn't a good-looking one either... but well...)

I'll update the leaderboards tomorrow or later tonight if I'm lucky !

See you soon !

Attachments

• IMG_96.JPG
    IMG_96.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 6
  • UCES01245RPLY-B63E8276D03.rar
    61.3 KB · Views: 4
Guys, I'm so sorry... I completely forgot to post my pictures/replays before my son took his PSP home. I'm such a dunce! lol

Suffice to say, I was solidly in third place!

It happens... Well Congratulations to Lion-Face : you're the

:gtplanet: Worldwide Special Time Attack Challenge DTM Legends Alfa Romeo & AMG Mercedes Legend.

Congrats Lion-Face 👍👍👍 !

And sure we were only two but you sure are REALLY fast and I do dare someone to try to beat your times !!! So :bowdown: Lion-Face !

This DTM Legend Challenge is closed now, thanks for having competed with me, I had a hard time but I did improve a lot so winner-winner !

See you at Tokyo !

PS : here is the address for the medal Lion-Face if you want to add it to your signature, I can reduce the size if you want me too, just PM me ;)
!
Code:
http://i63.servimg.com/u/f63/14/63/51/20/medail13.png

I will close this thread this weekend.

Back