Not open for further replies.

easyasashii

Premium
France
France
PureGT_Sam
GTPlanet Worldwide Special Time Attack Challenge : "Les 24 Heures du Mans 2005"

Hello everyone !

Since the 24 heures du Mans will be on June 12th-13th I thought maybe we could try out something here ! We do have "Circuit de la Sarthe 2005" and unfortunately not that much after 2005 LM Cars but still have those two legends that finished ??? and 2nd in 2005 :

- Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) '05
- Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd Race Car '05

So what about meeting history again and make it a special event ???

1. Track:Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 - Forward

2. Cars : Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) '05 or Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd Race Car '05 (you may choose which one you'll compete with or even compete with both !)

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R# / R#
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating is forbidden..

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start on June 7th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and end on June 14th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

5. Time submission : You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday June 14th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you missed the deadline, your laptime won't be in the website.

6. Rules : You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

7. Leader Boards
The leaderboards will be on the website (direct link after deadline) !

Good luck !

Last edited:
LOL ! According to the details in the game, the "Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) '05" finished 3rd but everywhere I look I see she finished 4th !!! Do you guys have same info ???

Anothre interesting link : http://www.monoli.com/24h05/24hclass05.htm

Best lap : Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd Race Car '05 : 3'34.968 !

Good to know 👍 ! All you need is at least 4 000 000 credit to be able to buy one car though...

Well, I have the Audi, and I love it. I know exactly how to handle it in all conditions, it never suprises me, it's always in my control, even when sliding, which I do a lot to kick the tail out and generate some oversteer.

I'm interested!

👍👍👍 !!!

Well, I have the Audi, and I love it. I know exactly how to handle it in all conditions, it never suprises me, it's always in my control, even when sliding, which I do a lot to kick the tail out and generate some oversteer.

So that means you're in ???

I've never ran her and don't barely know the Sarthe so I saw there an opportunity to do something about my lack of experience with both of the cars and the track ;) !

Seing you'll run the Audi, I'll run the Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd Race Car '05 (I think because this track is a 3 minutes one, it would be better that each one of us try both of the cars and then decide which one to compete with, you can compete with both too but I think I'll focus on only one of them ;), and as a French, I'll have to ran the Pescarolo -even if both cars were driven by two french teams- !)

So, please can you guys can think about it and officially tell me if you're in or out ? (if you're in, I'll have to postpone WTAC Week 05 -I guess lbsf1 is about to host Round 3 so there will be too much Challenges -3- in the same week... And if I have to choose, I sure will run this one ;) !)

I'll start the list you can copy-paste :

- easyasashii (Only for your information I'll run with the Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd Race Car '05)
-
-

:gtpflag:

Hi guys !

Not knowing clearly what you guys can / want to do, I decided to postpone Week 05 ;) !

I actually really want to run in this combo, a great opportunity to get to know those cars and track and compare what I can do with what's happening in reality !

Here is what I will do : I will run some laps for me and post my time(s) before Monday Jun 14th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If I'm the only one who posted, my times won't be in the leaderboards, if one of you guys posted his laptime(s) too, both of our times will be in ! Race and Cars specifics are :
- TAC Rules
- R tires (R1 to R3)
- All aids off, except for TCS at your disposal
- Pro Physics of course ;) !

If you don't want to compete in -cars are expensive...- well you've got one week to do whatever you want ;) !!!

Have a nice day !

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
ah here is one! :)

noo i don t have that cars... have the audi r8 race car 09 (damn i concentrate on tac week 5 and 6 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:)

i ll try to buy one as fast as poss

(find this mitsubishi fto today and bought it)

fuchur :cheers:

Don't worry about this one ! Those cars are really expensive, if I were you I'd keep on buying other cars you need ;) ! I bought every car "cheaper" than 2 000 000 before buying those cars !

See you in week 05 ;) !

this pescarolo i find first ;) ( money no problem )

the day s before i run some laps in my nissan race car to warm up on le mans

whats up with the tires this time? make sencs to choose? in my mind r3 evertime faster then r1 isn´t it?

so i´m deff. in this TAC :)

fuchur :gtpflag:

a test

Last edited:
Good to know you're here 👍 and definitely hope you'll post ;) !

About the tires, I'm sure we'll run R3 (I do !) but it's open ! If someone wants to try out R2 or even R1... It's up to him !

About the Pescarolo -great car 👍 !!!- Here is my advice :

Day 1 :
- 1st : run 3 x Arcade S Class 3 laps (= 9 laps, around 30 minutes) with unique constructor (only Pescarolo) to help you focus more on running fast and trying your best to finish first (211 xxx credits !), all thanks to your driver's instinct ! You will take risks and will push the car + your limits under pressure !
- 2nd : run a Time Trial 10 laps session (no restart) (= 10 laps, around 30 minutes). In Time Trial, you've got the opportunities to find your braking points, your driving lines and you have time to watch your speedometer ! You will take risks and will push the car + your limits too but not with the same pressure !

In that way you have your 20 laps / 1 hour practice ! You earned money, learnt a lot, got more experience... You're getting faster !

Day 2 :
The same as Day 1, but you're more experienced, you have your racing and Time Trial skills that have improved so you should find it easier -less painful ;)- to catch up with the other cars ! It should be better than Day 1 !

Day 3 :
- 1st : Only 1x 3 laps arcade
- 2nd : Time Trial 2x 10 laps (I like to have a break every 30 minutes ;))

Day 4 :
= Day 3.

Conclusion : you just ran 80 laps in 4 days, you ran only 1 hour++ a day, and you should already have a descent laptime ;) ! That's usually how I run for the challenges we have : I try to run 80 to 100 laps a week with each car , mix arcade and time trial !

Of course, if you've got time, you can run more !!!

By the way, for the Pescarolo, I'm running with L-F tuning and TCS 1 ! I advise you to write down your first laptime in Time Trial and keep it till the last day ! When you'll compare your first laptime with your best laptime, you'll see you've improved, no matter how much, it is still improvement ! Moreover, by trying to handle this car you developped new technics that will help you with other cars !!!

Good luck !

PS : Could you please copy and paste the list with your ID + Car when you deicided with which car you'll run (better just run one...) ?

Last edited:
I just made this event official ! Please note :

5. Time submission : You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday June 14th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you missed the deadline, your laptime won't be in the website.

Good luck !

- easyasashii (Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd Race Car '05)
- Detroitbb (Audi R8 race car '05)
- Fuchur (Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd Race Car '05)

you had a look to my lap? you can open my upload?

why we need this photo from the screen? the replay and this param file show all isn´t it? 💡 (because i have no cam (but shure i can find one ))

i will post for shure, even when i´m 1 sec behind ;)

fuchur

ups how to cancel this?

- easyasashii (Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd Race Car '05)
- Detroitbb (Audi R8 race car '05)
- Fuchur (Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd Race Car '05)

you had a look to my lap?

why we need this photo from the screen? the replay and this param file show all isn´t it? 💡 (because i have no cam (shure i can find one))

fuchur

ups how to cancel this?

You can ask a Moderator to help you delete it, you can aslo edit your message and write "Deleted, double post" first and then click on "Report".

you had a look to my lap?

Where ???

why we need this photo from the screen? the replay and this param file show all isn´t it? 💡 (because i have no cam (shure i can find one))

Because it is easier for everyone to check your details in one click and
Photo + ID = we're sure it is YOUR lap and not someone else's lap... And as long as you're sure you can find a camera, I guess we won't have any problem ;) ! If you do have a problem, please post your replay data and send me a PM !

fuchur

That's the spirit ! However, with this kind of car / track combo, it is easy to lose half a second in one single corner... Gaps between 2 best laptimes could be small as well as huge !

Good luck !

PS : Where is the lap you're talking about ??? Please make sure you'll upload a replay soon just to make sure you don't have any problem with the uploading process... Thanks.

Last edited:
Easy - bad news... My son's mother is still not letting him have his PSP back. Unfortunately, I won't be able to compete again this week's challenge. Sorry about that! I am planning on calling her later tonight and see if she'll let me have the PSP on Monday while out son is in school. Hopefully she will be 'ok' with that arrangement. Sorry again guys!

Ok...
You should make a deal with your son's mother : everytime she took your son's psp, she should give you a call and give you the psp ;) !

Less than 24 hours to go ;) !

Good luck guys (I'm maxed out already... but wait before posting !)

Ok...
You should make a deal with your son's mother : everytime she took your son's psp, she should give you a call and give you the psp ;) !

I just finished talking to her and she'll give it to me tomorrow afternoon... I just have to go pick it up. So, that means that I am in for the next competition!

👍

Here is my submission !

Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd Race Car '05

3'21.627 ! I'm happy

All aids off except for TCS 1,
R3 / R3
Pro Physics
L-F Tuning.

I cut more than cliped the Ford Chicanes the previous lap so crossed the line at 200 km/h instead of 190, got confused a little bit and lost my driving line for the Dunlop Chicane, cliped more than usual -> first split slower than usual (used to have a 0'30.8/9xx, got a 0'31.009...)... Then I did not an excellent but a great job Mulsanne straights + Mulsanne hairpin, saw 1'54.xxx, knew was good, and pressure was on ! Too much brake at Indianapolis, little bit to slow at Arnage (those two corners are the ones I usually mess up when I'm under pressure, no surprise ;)). Everything ok after that till Ford Chicanes where I played safe (didn't want to cut more than cliped like I did the lap before)

Best splits combined, should be around 1'31/30.9xxx...

But happy with this lap and happy to have improved so much : first time with this car and if I had S-Class at la Sarthe, I wasn't used to this track so... Very happy I did this !

Good luck guys ;) !

Last day to post ;) !

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-BB4E9A06C00.rar
    56.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hey Guys

This was a bit of a rush job for me, I started off the week with no money and neither car in the garage. I have only just an hour ago purchased a Audi R8 Le Mans '05 car and put in my laps until just now when my PSP ran out of juice. Sorry Easy, I couldn't beat you this week! I'm gunna try and save up for the Pescarolo and see if that car is any faster. Here is my time anyway.....

Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) '05
R3/R3
No Aids

3:22.342

Will try harder next week! The FTO is one of my favorite cars from early GT days, I'm stoked I get to race it in a time trial competition like this!

dsc0034bk.jpg

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-BB4E9A06C00.zip
    57.7 KB · Views: 8
hi easy my upload disapeard i was so happy i manage. i try now again.

this c00 file is the test up load with this unclean moments i discribe it s a 3.23.740

this c01 for shure is a clean one its a 3.24.673

damn, again double post sorry

some hours left i try to find some seconds then final submit and photo

Attachments

57.5 KB · Views: 8
  • UCES01245RPLY-BB4E9A06C01.zip
    57.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
sorry it s a double post

hi easy my upload disapeard i was so happy i manage. i try now again.

this c00 file is the test up load with this unclean moments i discribe it s a 3.23.740

Attachments

57.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Great job guys !!! Fuchur, being under 3'25 is not an easy thing to do and I'm not trying to be polite, I'm sincere !!! I'll watch your replays and be right back ;) !

nice you online!
i get a cam now
run a 3.23.0xx

ok my final time is 3.23.026 in pescarolo ; tcs 1 r3/r3 :)

i hope all ok like this :nervous:

Fuchur :cheers:

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-BB4E9A06C02.zip
    57 KB · Views: 9
  • BILD0758.rar
    824.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
My submission :

14sefs8.jpg

Hi ! Newbie here, just posted but have to wait moderator approval...

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-BB4E9A06C03.rar
    57.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys, I reviewed your replays and you gave me headaches...

Fuchur, your 3'24.673 is clean 👍 ! And you were right about your 3'23.740...
Sorry about your last lap, after deadline.

Lion-Face, I'm sorry man, I have to disqualify your lap :guilty: (see .rar attached)...

Hope you'll kick my butt at Seattle ;) !

I'll update the website tomorrow... I'll let this thread open till Fuchur posted his photo (he PMed me to tell he has trouble...)

See you at Seattle !

Attachments

• LF.rar
    175.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back