GTPlanet Worldwide Special Time Attack Challenge : "Les 24 Heures du Mans 2005"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough easyasashii, as you would have read in my post, I was in a rush, I thought it was a clean lap, every dirty lap I pulled back at the end of the lap so it wouldn't be faster than my previous clean lap, but obviously I missed that one. I didn't check the replay, my PSP died so I assumed all was good.

Is there any point entering a late time sometime today? Or am I just better to revisit the TAC later to get my score on the Worldwide leaderboards?

Last edited:
I really want to participate in your time contests but i think i'm just too lame at GTPSP and my lap times will be ridiculous in comparison with your lap times :(

I really want to participate in your time contests but i think i'm just too lame at GTPSP and my lap times will be ridiculous in comparison with your lap times :(

By all means, please join us!

I too had the same feeling when first I joined the TAC about 2/3rds of the way through the 1st season. I was always last or just about in last place. By season 2, I was able to improve to be near the middle of the pack. Season 3 saw me move solidly into the top half of the competitors.

What really helped was competing in the Time Attack Challenge (TAC) and getting great, helpful tips from the other racers. Trust me, you'll start to see improvements in just a few weeks - and you'll keep getting better. Let us show you!

:)

BTW - The current event is Week 5 at Seattle: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=127898

My submission :

14sefs8.jpg

Hi ! Newbie here, just posted but have to wait moderator approval...

Hey !!! Welcome 👍 !!!

I didn't see your message yesterday ! When did you actually post your time ? At what time ? Was it before 3:59 pm GMT+2 (You posted st 3:57 !!! Was short !) ? How long did you have to wait before seing your message ???

If your lap is clean, you're in !

Fair enough easyasashii, as you would have read in my post, I was in a rush, I thought it was a clean lap, every dirty lap I pulled back at the end of the lap so it wouldn't be faster than my previous clean lap, but obviously I missed that one. I didn't check the replay, my PSP died so I assumed all was good.

Yeah, I guessed so, all of your laps are clean, I was surprised to see this tiny little mistake but your PSP ran out of juice and you were in a hurry so... No problem !

Is there any point entering a late time sometime today? Or am I just better to revisit the TAC later to get my score on the Worldwide leaderboards?

Well, as you said, you still have GTPlanet TAC Leaderboards Attack : Affair of honor ! ;) !!! However if you want to post a previous but clean lap, since Fuchur hasn't posted his photo yet, and because thanks to your tuning approach we all can do amazing times, I'll let you the choice : you still can have your laptime in this event + main leaderboard if it is a clean but already ran lap (so I guess it would be slower) or you can choose to wait till you have a clean and faster lap and post it at "Affair of honor" (and thus be at the top of the main leaderboard ;)) : you will have to wait at least one week before be able to post a new time (so must be dated after June 21st) -if you can post immediately, the deadlines won't make sense at all !-...) !

[...]
ok my final time is 3.23.026 in pescarolo ; tcs 1 r3/r3 :)

i hope all ok like this :nervous:

Fuchur :cheers:

As I said just before, once you posted your photo, you'll officially become a TACer ! Consequently, you'll be allowed to post a new time there : GTPlanet TAC Leaderboards Attack : Affair of honor ! ;) !!!

The actual time you have, 3'24.673, will be in the event + main leaderboard (when your photo is in), the new lap -must be ran one week after the event (so must be dated after June 21st)- will be in the main leaderboard (make sure it is a clean lap before you post there and don't forget the photo !!!).

I also saw you were a little bit too shy sometimes -> trust yourself, trust the car, push both of you (early shift to 3rd gear or 4th gear are sometimes better than tap-tap-tap in 2nd or 3rd ;)), and the extremity of the roads at La Sarthe are dirty (lots of durst -> lose grip) so you should stay in the middle left or right at the Mulsanne straights instead of going too far on the left/right where you have the durst.

About uploading photos, once you took your picture, save it to desktop (easier to find) then you have the choice :
- you have the Imagshack feature when you click on "Go Advanced"
- you can open an account at ImageShack, or servim.com (already helped you chosing the right language ;)), upload your image and copy-paste the "BBcode"
- or TinyPic, what Frisbee ;) using (no need to open an account), "BBcode" too...

You're more than welcome here !!! There is no such thing as ridiculous laptime : as long as you keep on running clean laps, no matter how fast thet are, they will get faster and faster ! It can't be the other way around ;) ! The more you practice the more efficient and fast you'll get ! And as Detroitbb said : we're here to help too ;) !!! Just try it for few events and you'll see ! At the very beginning of each event, just write down your first clean lap and then, one week after, deadline day, compare what you had and what you have... you'll see ;) ! And about being 1 st, 3rd or 6th... it doesn't matter : you're here, and you can be proud of that ! No matter how fast you are, at least you tried and that what's matter to us ;) !

See you at Seattle ;)...

Last edited:
Well Frisbee, I watched your replay and it's clean ! Congrats you're officially a TACer :cheers: !

About the lap : like Fuchur, Mulsanne straights, ran on durst just before cornering -> made it difficult to handle the car, sometimes you downshift to 2nd where a 3rd gear would have been great (last Mulsanne straight's corner), Very good job at Mulsanne's Hairpin 👍 ! Too shy on the throttle at Ford Chicanes, play safe but I would say too much brake... I'm sure with a little bit more practice, you'll hit the 3'25 ;) !

Keep on the good work ! Your laptime will be in the website !

See you at Seattle, hope you'll have fun with us ;) !

If your lap is clean, you're in !GTPlanet TAC Leaderboards Attack : Affair of honor ! ;) !!! However if you want to post a previous but clean lap, since Fuchur hasn't posted his photo yet, and because thanks to your tuning approach we all can do amazing times, I'll let you the choice : you still can have your laptime in this event + main leaderboard if it is a clean but already ran lap (so I guess it would be slower) or you can choose to wait till you have a clean and faster lap and post it at "Affair of honor" (and thus be at the top of the main leaderboard ;)) : you will have to wait at least one week before be able to post a new time (so must be dated after June 21st) -if you can post immediately, the deadlines won't make sense at all !-...) !

Cheers Easyasashii, but I won't be resubmitting anything for this week. Rules are clearly in place and I don't want them bent/broken for my satisfaction. I didn't play by them, I suffer the consequences.

I will give the combo another go over the next few weeks and submit my times via the 'Affair of Honor' to put my name on the TAC worldwide leaderboards.

Cheers guys. Great to see new faces (well, usernames :D ) hopefully get some good competition coming up the ranks! Its all about practice guys, the more you put in, the more your going to get out! Good luck and good racing!

hi, here the pics

5ul347.jpg

241tw07.jpg

why i m not in time ? was 2.58 pm last edit and 1.57 first submit ?

just to be clear for next times..

fuchur

:confused: !!! I don't understand, I think because of Frisbee message there was a bug with both of your messages !!!

Here is what happened : I reviewed both of L-F and your replays and then I wrote my message at 5:53 pm GMT+2, then I saw your message posted at 4:57 pm GMT+2 -> so I edited my message at 6:13 pm GMT+2 to tell you your message was posted after deadline and decided to add L-F screenshots in the same time !

The day after, I saw Frisbee message with a 4:57 pm GMT+2, but he told us he had to wait for moderator approval -> I asked Jordan and Smallhorses (the moderator who allowed the message and merged two posts -can't see the edit reason today whereas I could yesterday :confused:-), they told me to check the upper right of the message, it should show at what time the message was originally posted, and I saw 3:57 pm GMT+2 :confused: !!! I thought I must have misread the time in the first place ! But now your message as a "new" time too !!! And exactly the same as Frisbee : 3:57 pm GMT+2 :confused: !!! Have I misread your message time too, or there was a bug with both of your messages because they were posted in the same time :confused: ?

I'm so sorry ! And to be sure not to make mistakes because of the GMT maths, I have my GTPlanet pages all set with a GMT+2 time since I use this GMT (DTM Legend Challenge) -you should do the same Fuchur (to do so : go to My GTPlanet (User Control Panel) > Edit Options > Date & Time Options > Time Zone > scroll to "(GMT +2:00) Kaliningrad, South Africa" ! Then You'll have your GTPlanet pages set with the right time !)- !!! So I don't know what happened !

I'll check your Replay tonight and if it's clean, I'll put it on the website 👍 ! Glad to know you became a master in uploading picture (put them in a .rar/.zip folder was clever too ;)) !

By the way, how come your picture shows a "R/M / R/M" instead of "R3 / R3" ??? Could you please tell us what "M" stands for ? If RM = R3, what would be R1 and R2 ???

Thank you for telling me about your time Fuchur, I'm very sorry, I must have misread your message's time... I'm still confused, I don't understand what happened and I have to say I'm kinda angry at myself... Well, don't worry, your time will be in the website and you still finished 2nd of this event ! Congrats 👍 !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back